Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,881 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Went by Wal-Mart and wanted to buy the new X-wing LEGO set... $79!

Decided not to as I could already envision how that conversation with my wife was going to go.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:

(Unfortunately, not real.)
When this happens- I will pay my mortgage for this. It will be glorious
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like they are holding out on us. Come on, not even a new TV spot this month?

There must be a tidal wave of marketing that they're still holding back, right?
Malachi Constant
AG
Seems like they're doing a better job of keeping this under wraps than usual. I haven't seen any whispers anywhere regarding the new trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Decided not to as I could already envision how that conversation with my wife was going to go.
C'mon man... you are one of the guys I'm counting on to play Battlefront with... if you nerd out too early your wife might put her foot down and then where does that leave me... think about your friends man!!!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I feel like they are holding out on us. Come on, not even a new TV spot this month?

LOL... they can pretty much do whatever they want at this point.

New Trailer on Youtube:
*black screen*
*fade in Lucasfilm logo*
*fade in text "No Trailer for you*
*fade in text "We know, but screw you, we'll still see you in December!"*
*fade out*

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm expecting to be bombarded with commercials for the film, toys, books, and comics in the coming months until it comes out. It will be like DIsney/Lucasfilm opening the floodgates.....
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

C'mon man... you are one of the guys I'm counting on to play Battlefront with... if you nerd out too early your wife might put her foot down and then where does that leave me... think about your friends man!!!

Trust me, I'll be there for Battlefront, but that gets easier to negotiate when I haven't dropped $80 on a LEGO set.
hunter2012
AG
Time to burn the franchise down?

Hayden Christensen rumored to be in episode 8
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You don't keep up with this thread much, huh?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
You don't keep up with this thread much, huh?
I was afraid of that... it's a massive thread.
TCTTS
AG
Only semi-credible info I could find on the trailer, via a post in TheForce.net forums...

https://www.facebook.com/FullOfSith/posts/532017766956810

If so, that coincides roughly with a date I've been mentioning for a while now: October 16 - the same day Bridge of Spies of hits theaters, which is a project from DreamWorks, who currently has a distribution deal with - you guessed it - Disney. That, and Spielberg, Hanks, and Star Wars just kind of seem to go together. So, my guess would be an online trailer release on Thursday, October 15, set to coincide with pre-sale ticket announcement officially confirming that tickets will sale go on the Monday the 19th.
SeattleAgJr
would not be surprised if they tie it to season 2 of Rebels (Oct 14 I think). May put it on ABC like they did last time? No idea, just throwing it out there.
bankshot11
AG
quote:

All of the TFA LEGO sets are ridiculously overpriced. But I still dropped $150 on the Falcon with a new radar dish.
TCTTS
AG
Didn't know Rebels was debuting then as well. For me, that all but solidifies the trailer debuting at some point during the second half of that week then.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm just happy I had the self control to decide that a new radar dish was not enough to get me to buy a 2nd Lego Falcon.

The X-Wing and TIE Fighters I got are sick though.
Urban Ag
AG
Damn y'all are pathetic. I mean sure, I'll buy the lego sets, but those are for my kids man, I mean really.. come on....really.
Ulrich
Same here. I mean, I'll probably have kids some day.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Seeing Hayden Christensen coming back as Vader could be awesome... especially if we get to see him with the mask off at some point. I'm not one who goes looking for irony or symbolism... but considering how this guy was butchered in the Ep. II & III by his director, script, and public, it would almost be fitting to see him all messed up on screen again. The broken hero. Would also be nice to see him redeemed by actually contributing in a positive way to a really good Star Wars flick.

But I'm in the "not likely" camp right now.

**** this noise.

Vader peaked as a character in empire. He became a ***** in jedi and his "creation " story as told in the prequels absolutely destroyed the character.

He went from being a scary dark agent of fear to a great villain to a little ***** that I was happy to see die.

Ep 1 - who is this kid? God I wish he would get killed.
Ep2 - who is this whiny little biatch? God I wish he would get killed.
Ep3 - my god what a baby. Nut Up And Go FIND A New Piece Of ass. God I wish he would die.
Ep4 - who is this scary dude?. Where did he come from? I would live to see some movies about him.
Ep5 - this dude is a bad ass, they should keep him around.
Ep 6- I guess the emperor let him keep his ovaries, since he is more emotional than a woman going through the change. Oh good! He died.
Just want to call bull**** on your Retrun of the Jedi take.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agreed, don't make me bust out my list of great things about ROTJ again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Perfect segway to day 83...

Also, happy 64th birthday to Mark Hamill.
The Collective
AG
The best thing about ROTJ was that it set us up for the Battle for Endor.
Duncan Idaho
Well that's just your opinion of my opinion. Man
jabberwalkie09
AG
Battle of Endor was probably the best thing to happen in ROTJ besides Vader's redemption saving Luke ending the reign of the Emperor.
Knife_Party
That lightsaber is blue??
Gigem314
AG
quote:
Time to burn the franchise down?

Hayden Christensen rumored to be in episode 8
I think bringing him back as a ghost or "flashback" to a pre-Vader Anakin could work. Haven't heard anything about James Earl Jones so I just don't see them bringing back Vader.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Imagine force ghost Anakin/Hayden talking to Luke and Rey/Finn is like "WTF? This guy has lost it!" Continuing the old crazy hermit shtick from ANH.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Great point. It's blue on all the posters. Never noticed that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Did Billy Dee Williams draw this poster? He's on it TWICE and he's billed above Anthony Daniels
IronRed13
AG
quote:
quote:
Looks like the part where he was swinging off the barge and the artist decided to cover the rope with the lightsaber

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I want to say that the change to green was done after all the promotional stuff was done, and because Lucas wanted Luke to have a different color that distinguished him from his father's and Kenobi's. I'm not entirely sure that I have the reasoning correct though.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I want to say that the change to green was done after all the promotional stuff was done, and because Lucas wanted Luke to have a different color that distinguished him from his father's and Kenobi's. I'm not entirely sure that I have the reasoning correct though.
I think the color change had as much to do with the blue saber being washed out on the backdrop of all the Tatooine action sequences.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good catch.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Did Billy Dee Williams draw this poster? He's on it TWICE and he's billed above Anthony Daniels
Yeah about the only thing that could cluster that poster up more is if Benjamin Knox got involved.
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.