Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,802 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If she's never seen them, just have her watch 3, 4, 5, 6 and pretend 1 and 2 didn't happen.
Saxsoon
AG
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is not the thread you're looking for, ser.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For Day 90 until The Force Awakens, I present some of my killer wallpaper/desktop designs when I first started learning Photoshop in the late 1990s, early 2000s.

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
This is not the thread you're looking for, ser.
Damn it
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My wife just wedge salad'd me (modern family reference). She wants to re watch all six because she hasn't seen them in 10-15 years and I told her the TexAgs preference above was 451236 and she stopped and stared at me and said: "you know what this is? Wedge salad"

Apparently we've had this conversation before and I don't really remember it but apparently I was against this watch order at some point (her message boards suggested this order, probably one of her friends has a husband on this thread ) ...

My memory isn't the best so I am glad there is a good woman around to remember things for me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Use imgur
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Empire Magazine Verified account @empiremagazine

At a Q&A tonight John Landis dropped that Disney are finally going to re-release the theatrical cuts of the original Star Wars trilogy.
Saxsoon
AG
The universe will implode
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

At a Q&A tonight John Landis dropped that Disney are finally going to re-release the theatrical cuts of the original Star Wars trilogy.

These will supplant the special editions as the standard.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

These will supplant the special editions as the standard.

I will buy if true. I wonder if it will be a straight up theatrical release. Would be nice if they had enough common sense to realize there are a couple shots (like the Vader / Obi Wan fight) that a little touch up is nice. But otherwise original effects, dialogue, and no added scenes. Awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Most of the changes were improvements, tbh.

For my money, all they have to get rid of is Greedo shooting first, and possibly the Jabba scene in the original. Do that and I'm happy. Way more good than bad in the SE's, imo.

Oh, also Vader's original line in ESB after the Cloud City duel with Luke. "Bring my shuttle" is so much better than "Tell my ship to prepare for my arrival" or whatever it is now.

Ag Since 83
AG
Get rid of the ridiculous new musical number in Jedi as well.

Putting the extra CG creatures in the streets of Mos Eisley was also annoying
SpreadsheetAg
AG
It's like the don't want to make money
dave94
AG
quote:

Is this real life?!?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I mostly liked the SE updates, especially opening up the walls of Cloud City and the new shots of the first Death Star attack. The additions to the streets of Mos Eisley gave the city much more of a big city look, as well as the air/space traffic coming and going. No problem with these additions.

What I did not like was the changes made during the escape from Cloud City/Darth Vader returning to his star destroyer/Luke being rescued from the Cloud City underside. The editing seemed sloppy and it threw off the pacing I thought. Plus that change to the Vader dialogue, ugh. Did not like the Han/Greedo shooting update either.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Did not like the load lifter droid beating down the annoying little droid

Did not like Greedo or Jabba

Most of the scenic edits and background shot editing was great... But they tried to get too cute...

The new Darth Vader "No...No....Nnnnoooooooooooo" in ROTJ is the worst
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But at least they got rid of Luke's scream as he's falling down the pit in Cloud City.

It's a give and take.
dave94
AG
quote:
But at least they got rid of Luke's scream as he's falling down the pit in Cloud City.

It's a give and take.

On this topic...why did they use the Emperor's scream for that? What the hell was that?!?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
88 - the year I was born, but more importantly, 88 days until The Force Awakens.

AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

It's a give and take.

On this topic...why did they use the Emperor's scream for that? What the hell was that?!?
Because Lucas is a genius of editing room foreshadowing.
Knife_Party
Quick note, possibly related to the hype around the upcoming release of the film. This year we (aggies) have started using star wars themes when announcing our starters pregame at kyle. Thought it was cool.
Saxsoon
AG
We have used the Imperial March to describe the offense from 2010-12 that remember
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
87, the [American] birth of Zelda; 87 days...

jr15aggie
AG
Regarding the theatrical release... Seems like the easiest way to get a definitive version would be to ask the fans. Simply list every single edit and let the fans vote yes/no on each of them. No doubt you will get a clear NO on many items and a clear YES on some as well. Anything that doesn't have a large majority (say 65%) voting to keep the new edit/improvement should default to the original edit.

I would think this sort of thing combined with some common sense from the new powers that oversee Star Wars, we should be able to get the original movies with very few minor improvements here and there.

Hagen95
AG
Letting the fans pick and choose what they want is how we ended up with pop music.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Letting the fans pick and choose what they want is how we ended up with pop music.

But also how we ended up with Tim Drake as Robin. That one was a win
Phat32
AG
Was in Paris at the Champs de Elysees Disney store a couple of days ago. The entire thing is Star Wars gear, and people of all ages were snapping up items for characters they haven't seen yet.

This thing is going to be a monster.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The entire thing is Star Wars gear, and people of all ages were snapping up items for characters they haven't seen yet.
You know, I wonder. Has a movie character ever become iconic before the movie was out? Trying to think if that's ever happened before. This is arguably what's happening with Kylo and BB-8 this year.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw this on the SW subreddit. Was this one of y'all?

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Greedo shooting first.
Blue glowie hayden christiensen
revamped Jabba Palace song

These need to GO.

Jabba in a New Hope is only bad because of the CGI Jabba, not what the scene is.

Most everything else should stay. There may be a few I am missing though.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

https://i.imgur.com/YTgKwvh.jpg
Wow, can't believe a photo from CS made the SW redddit
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I'm certain I've seen "VADER" in CS as well.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Has a movie character ever become iconic before the movie was out? Trying to think if that's ever happened before. This is arguably what's happening with Kylo and BB-8 this year.
Darth Maul was this way before Ep I... but Lucasfilm wasn't on the same level as the marketing behemoth we call Disney. But Maul action figures and double bladed light saber were flying off shelves before the movie came out. I don't remember there being near as much stuff to buy back then either. Right now there is top to bottom clothing at pretty much every major retailer, sphero balls, multiple versions of action figures, lego sets... all before the movie launches.

So, of course, Lucas kills of Darth Maul immediately and thinks, "I'll give them a grey haired old man instead... oh oh... and I'll give him a name that reminds you of poop... and a sith name that sounds like a dinosaur... kids think poop names are funny and they love dinosaurs!!!". Count Dooku and Darth Tyranus go on to sell exactly 0 action figures to kids!
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.