Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,297 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91 days to The Force Awakens.

In May of 1991, Timothy Zahn gave us the masterpiece known as Heir to the Empire, introducing an amazing number of characters (now Legends, thanks Disney) who carried the story forward along with our usual favorites. If you ever doubt that Zahn is the greatest of all SW writers, consider he gave us:

Mara Jade
Talon Karrde
Aves
Thrawn
Pelleaon
the Noghri
Winter
Joruus C'baoth
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo

all in just this one BOOK. And then added the awesome Garm Bel Iblis in Dark Force Rising.

wangus12
AG
quote:
Make-Up is also a helluva thing! Take anybody away from professional make-up artists and then start taking cell phone shots after drinking in a pub... yeah, you aren't gonna look very good!!!

That pic of Harrison Ford isn't fair because he is made up and, well, he's Harrison Ford. Dude has always looked good (no homo).
Dude. I look my best at 2:00am after a night pounding a few pints. Thats really cool that he's in Portmagee. Granted that's on of only 2 places that ships launch to take you out to the Skelligs. I was born about 1-1.5 hours east of there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knife_Party
So what you're sayin is that Rey is actually the daughter of Luke??
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Everyone thinks she's Han and Leia's kid, but just thought that was a cool parallel. But it's entirely possible she is.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
91 days to The Force Awakens.

In May of 1991, Timothy Zahn gave us the masterpiece known as Heir to the Empire, introducing an amazing number of characters (now Legends, thanks Disney) who carried the story forward along with our usual favorites. If you ever doubt that Zahn is the greatest of all SW writers, consider he gave us:

Mara Jade
Talon Karrde
Aves
Thrawn
Pelleaon
the Noghri
Winter
Joruus C'baoth
Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo

all in just this one BOOK. And then added the awesome Garm Bel Iblis in Dark Force Rising.

I love those books so much.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
https://i.imgur.com/PJXzzbw.jpg
What are, two actors and Hayden Christensen, Alex.

Correct, and our daily double!
Knife_Party
Poor Hayden. Some of his other stuff is actually decent to ok. I'm convinced he was horrible because of a combination of George's writing and directing. I can only imagine their on set conversations going some like

Hayden: "So I should be like a really cool dude that people can relate to right?"

George: "Whoa there little buddy that's why they pay me the big bucks. You need to act like the poutiest little entitled beaach you have ever seen. I mean we're talkin full bore, sorostitute didn't get a new lambo from daddy this christmas times 2. Maybe even times 3."

Hayden: "I don't know George. That combined with these awful romance lines is bound to ruin my career. But I guess they pay you the big bucks so I'll go with it. Anything else?"

George: "Oh yeah. In addition to being a weak ass punk, you need to be suuuuper creepy. Like stalker/serial killer level creepy."

SMMFH
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
So what you're sayin is that Rey is actually the daughter of Luke??

Would be friggin awesome! At some point we have to have more Skywalkers, right!? I mean, the Skywalkers are the central characters to all "main" Star Wars movies. They can't end wit Luke I hope.

And as far as Hayden goes... I'm pretty sure nobody, who is suppose to be the future Darth Vader, could deliver the line, "It's not fair!" without the audience cringing! No win situation!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Knife_Party
I mean, we all assumed she'd be a Solo based on the EU and Han and Leia hooking up, but what better way to throw all the nerds for a loop than by flipping the script?? I would love it personally.
AliasMan02
AG
Reading Dark Disciple now, so was thinking. Better character... Ventress or Mara Jade?
SeattleAgJr
Harrison got old.

Now I feel old.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Reading Dark Disciple now, so was thinking. Better character... Ventress or Mara Jade?
Mara by 6 million republic credits.
AliasMan02
AG
I love Mara, but honestly I think that Ventress is a better character. Sith assassin turned bounty hunter is such a cool journey.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I like Mara's stint with Talon Kardde's organization, probably what puts her over the top for me. I find the "Firefly" part of Star Wars the most fascinating and the woefully underused, unexplored. The day to day operations of Kardde's organization in the Zahn books is great reading; seeing a fringe organization operating in the world of giant militaries and Force users, and largely stay one step ahead of everyone.

Her closing fight with Jacen Solo is also pretty great.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I like Mara's stint with Talon Kardde's organization, probably what puts her over the top for me. I find the "Firefly" part of Star Wars the most fascinating and the woefully underused, unexplored. The day to day operations of Kardde's organization in the Zahn books is great reading; seeing a fringe organization operating in the world of giant militaries and Force users, and largely stay one step ahead of everyone.

Her closing fight with Jacen Solo is also pretty great.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I also feel bad for the guy, he has proved to be a pretty good actor in other stuff. (Life As A House was great.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I posted about this a while back, but in case some of you missed it -- If you want a nice recap of all Star Wars-related news each week, you should check out Collider's Jedi Council shows on youtube. They're about an hour and a half long, but definitely the best source of SW related news that I've come across. Here's the lastest one;

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
an hour and a half long? I wont have that much free time again until my kids are in college in 2030.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From writing fan fiction to not having 90 minutes of free time a week. That is terrifying.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Kids suck away your free time. I only saw 2 movies this summer.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Truth
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Truth
Pretty sure I only saw Avengers. Ended up just buying Mad Max on Blu Ray after failing to see it on the big screen. 1 friggin movie all summer. Sigh. 3 kids!
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Truth
Pretty sure I only saw Avengers. Ended up just buying Mad Max on Blu Ray after failing to see it on the big screen. 1 friggin movie all summer. Sigh. 3 kids!
I don't know about yall, but mine are a few years away from being about to enjoy movies like Avengers. But when it happens I'm going to live at the theaters with them.
Bruce Almighty
AG
What really sucks is that there are times it takes me 3 days to watch a movie at home.
80s Guy
80s Guy
For the ultimate Star Wars Collector
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
From writing fan fiction to not having 90 minutes of free time a week. That is terrifying.
Day-to-day joy of two "beat the odds" 23-weekers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not enough time for all things star wars, every day of the week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Day-to-day joy of two "beat the odds" 23-weekers
Never tell them the odds.

You did name them Luke and Leia, right?
Mr. White
quote:
What really sucks is that there are times it takes me 3 days to watch a movie at home.

I finally got halfway done with Shadow of a Doubt after three months. I love it, just no time.
wangus12
AG
Planning on introducing the gf to Star Wars tonight. She's never seen them before. How shall I proceed?

Classic: IV, V, VI, I, II, III

Personal Preference: IV, V, I, II, III, VI
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would try out the second one. To me it seems like a really cool way to watch the series for the first time, and you preserve the big twist.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Planning on introducing the gf to Star Wars tonight. She's never seen them before. How shall I proceed?

Classic: IV, V, VI, I, II, III

Personal Preference: IV, V, I, II, III, VI
If it's not too late, grab the Despecialized versions of the classic trilogy
TCTTS
AG
Personal Preference, hands down.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.