Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,337 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a spoiler, but a rumor nonetheless...
Tickets for The Force Awakens to go on sale October 11.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For 93 days until Star Wars, I'm opening up my nerd vault just a little further to reveal The Road to Endor, the still-standing website I co-created back in 2002 that was a take-off of March Madness.

The best take-away of the whole thing? Finding out that there was a Jek Porkins cult following online.

Depending on your personality and nerd level, you'll either spend 3 seconds at this link thinking WTF? or 35 minutes reading the entire thing.

The Road to Endor
Malachi Constant
AG
I am going to read this entire thing.
BMX Bandit
Why was Leah seeded over Yoda?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Definitely will be reading that whole thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lando seeded below Boba? That's some disrespect, bro.

Also, Obi-Wan at 6? He's a 2 at worst.
MGS
quote:
Why was Leah seeded over Yoda?
Who's alive at the end of RotJ?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:

There are two Obi-wan's in different brackets. The number 6 is TPM one. The one in Tatooinee bracket is seeded 2 ( after luke)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Noticed that right after I posted.

Even TPM Obi-Wan should be no worse than a #3 for the Maul fight alone.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jr15aggie
AG
*** checks thread for exciting Ep VII news... sighs in disappointment***

*** sets alarm to check back in 2 hours ***

*** sets brain on repeat mode until December ***
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, if anyone wasn't aware Rogue One has begun filming. TMZ already has a set picture. I wouldn't really call this a spoiler, but I' am going to go ahead and just post the link.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/15/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-set-photos/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's been awfully quiet on the TFA front for most of this month, at least since Force Friday.

I choose to believe Lucasfilm has gone for radio silence since they are busy putting the finishing touches on the final trailer.

I feel a bit like a junkie who hasn't had a fix in a while.

Meantime, here are some set photos from Rogue One. Nothing terribly exciting though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That site has more set photos than the TMZ site I posted....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You get points for beating me to the punch.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Lol, thanks. While I'm excited about R1, I want something new about TFA. News, a trailer, something.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-amc-theatres-marathon-teased/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This has been rumored for a while. Nothing concrete yet, but I hope this happens.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

There are two Obi-wan's in different brackets. The number 6 is TPM one. The one in Tatooinee bracket is seeded 2 ( after luke)
You guys realize you're complaining about something that happened 12 years ago, right?
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
It's been awfully quiet on the TFA front for most of this month, at least since Force Friday.

But I can't fault the brilliance of their marketing. We don't even have a full trailer yet, but kids & fans already know who Kylo Ren is... the slow trickle of info, images, toys, etc. have started branding our brains with these new characters, new look for storm troopers, etc. They've shown us very little, yet we are becoming very familiar with some of this new universe. Probably drop one full trailer in October sometime... start hitting us with shorter TV spots (99% of footage we've already seen) in November, and Disney makes hundreds of millions come December.
Cyprian
AG
quote:

I choose to believe Lucasfilm has gone for radio silence since they are busy putting the finishing touches on the final trailer.

I think they are trying too figure out how they are going to count all the money they are about to make
jabberwalkie09
AG
Why count when they could do something like this perhaps?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark Hamill is awesome.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/real-life/video-luke-skywalker-uses-the-force-to-pull-some-pints-in-kerry-354390.html

Side note: Luke will be sans-beard for VIII?
LawAg05
AG
Mark is awesome, but he looks terrible.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guy looks his age.
LawAg05
AG
He is 63, so I get what you are saying. But he looks more like Emperor Palpatine than I ever thought he would.

Hell, Harrison Ford is 73:

TCTTS
AG
You picked the absolute worst pic of that bunch. He's also probably a bit drunk and it's obviously late. Cut the guy some slack.
MGS

quote:

Just to show how badass Luke has become, they'll have a scene where he shaves off his beard with his light saber.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
He is 63, so I get what you are saying. But he looks more like Emperor Palpatine than I ever thought he would.

That is unfair. Ford is really really good looking and held up better than any other 73 year old i know.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:

That is unfair. Ford is really really good looking and held up better than any other 73 year old i know.
On top of this, Hamil put on a lot of weight and then lost it. Skin elasticity at 63 just isn't there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cyprian
AG
quote:

CGI and Lucas is back #worstfears
LeonardSkinner
The Force ages people, man. Palps, obviously. Mace went bald at 27. Even Yoda started getting wrinkles when he was about 300 years old. The Jedi came up with the "live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse" motto because they knew they got to be some ugly mofos when they got old.
jr15aggie
AG
Make-Up is also a helluva thing! Take anybody away from professional make-up artists and then start taking cell phone shots after drinking in a pub... yeah, you aren't gonna look very good!!!

That pic of Harrison Ford isn't fair because he is made up and, well, he's Harrison Ford. Dude has always looked good (no homo).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Harrison Ford is handsome as ****, so I agree, he's not the best person to use to compare. He does not look like an average 73 year old.
First Page Last Page
Page 183 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.