Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,481 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And that's definitely the old style radar dish on the Falcon.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Ummmmmm....that is weird/awkward placement for the Rebel insignia.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Definitely OT Stormtroopers and Falcon. According to a tweet from Empire..."All I can say about that is that the image was provided in its current form by Lucasfilm, after having been approved by the filmmakers."

Not sure what I'm seeing here...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Trying to figure out what that fabric is blowing from the Falcon.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Trying to figure out what that fabric is blowing from the Falcon.
It's the flag from Rohan that blows off as Eowyn sees Aragorn for the firs ttime.
Saxsoon
AG
Time travel Abrams strikes again. In an effort to change the past, Poe, Finn. And Rey create an alternate reality that 8 and 9 take place in
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't even fathom the outrage that would cause around the world.
TCTTS
AG
Thomas Ford 91
AG
The 2012 Darth Palgueis book isn't cannon? I find that difficult to believe.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Good to know the eopie ripping a fart in Jar Jar's face on Boonta Eve is still canon.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
My 6 year old didn't get the stormtrooper issue, but caught the Falcon issue in about 5 seconds. Raisin'em right I am.
VanZandt92
I was reading until you said monomyth, then I thought to myself, "move along. "
BMX Bandit
Lucas ever explain how Kenobi aging so quickly played into his master plan?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not directly related to Star Wars, but this video is interesting to see years later in the context of where Star Wars is today.

Here's an episode of Dinner For Five with JJ Abrams, Mark Hamill, Kevin Smith, Stan Lee, and Jason Lee. (The topic of Star Wars comes up at 10:55, but honestly the whole thing is great.)

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So apparently Drew Struzan watched half the movie and had the following to say.

quote:
We get together and meet and he says we're using all the original people John Williams, Kasdan, Harrison Ford's in it, everybody's in it and everybody's writing and making the music and we have to have your art to make it the real thing. So, of course, I've got to do it for George and I've got to do it for Star Wars. I've never worked with J.J before and so we started working on it and he showed me like half the movie and it was just a wonderful film and I know it's going to be grand. I got to read the script and subsequently I've seen half of it and I can tell you and the fans this, Honest to god, it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars you've ever seen. Well it's beautifully made and it's a wonderful story.

http://www.slashfilm.com/drew-struzan-force-awakens-opinions/
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The best Star Wars is and will forever be The Empire Strikes Back. But I do have high hopes for The Force Awakens.
double aught
AG
quote:
The best Star Wars is and will forever be The Empire Strikes Back. But I do have high hopes for The Force Awakens.
The correct answer is Star Wars.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
The correct answer is Star Wars.
Nope. ESB.
Bruce Almighty
AG
ESB
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There are people that think Empire isn't the best Star Wars movie?
double aught
AG
Yep. Empire is awesome, but I just love every scene of Star Wars.

Can I also go on record and say that the brief scene between Luke and Biggs before the battle of Yavin was a very good addition to the special edition? It gives his death a little more weight. I wonder why it was left out to begin with.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
It gives his death a little more weight.
Friggin A people... we have a SPOILER thread for a reason!!!!!
Duncan Idaho
They should have left in the scene when Luke goes down the the peach pit and hangs out with the gang watching Leia get captured
Duncan Idaho
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs9p70_star-wars-episode-iv-deleted-scenes-tosche-station_shortfilms
jr15aggie
AG
Dissapointed that Aftermath is right after Jedi and not closer to Ep VII time frame. They obviously don't want any major details spoiled before the movie, but I was hoping for more detai about the new stuff. We are going to get bombarded with books n stuff and Iwas nnever planning on trying to keep up, but I was looking forward to this book thinking it was a bridge between Awakens and Jedi... In reality it's nothing more than a post Jedi story and from what I read it mostly involves secondary characters, most of which are new characters I could care less about.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Okay, this made me laugh.
Brian Earl Spilner
VanZandt92
quote:

Okay, this made me laugh.

I would have had them.
VanZandt92
quote:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs9p70_star-wars-episode-iv-deleted-scenes-tosche-station_shortfilms

Sweet scene. That is also in the BBC Radio series.
VanZandt92
quote:
ESB

Star wars. It's the mojo.
double aught
AG
quote:
That's Toschi Station? Color me unimpressed. Biggs looks pretty badass though, with his cape and leather pants.
Phat32
AG
Just started re watching 1-6 with the wife in number order. Holy hell, 1 and 2 were bad.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My wife doesn't understand why I've barred her from attending TFA with my dad, brother, and I, despite the fact that she has only seen 2/3rds of TPM and nothing else.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.tor.com/2014/02/11/you-all-forgot-that-luke-skywalker-is-a-bamf/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why are you still married?
First Page Last Page
Page 165 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.