Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,629 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Not a fan of this.

2) anybody playing Han other than Harrison Ford is doomed to fail

Where is river phoenix when you need him
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've posted this before, but the guy they need to get is the guy who played young Harrison Ford in Age of Adaline earlier this year. Uncanny physical resemblance and had his voice down perfectly.

His name is Anthony Ingruber.

www.imdb.com/name/nm3452021/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t30

Ag Since 83
AG
So, a young Han Solo, played by Channing Tatum, is sent to the Imperial Academy as an undercover cop investigating a glitterstim ring?
benMath08
AG
http://indierevolver.com/2015/07/08/the-full-slate-of-star-wars-films-leaked-in-advance-of-sdcc/
Mr. White
I want to see a No Country For Old Men-type movie with Darth Maul as Anton Chigurh.
Malachi Constant
AG

"Call it"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I want to see a fish-out-of-water rom-com where a single mom with an adorable son and a sassy mother of her own hires a Trandoshan bounty hunter to be her maid/child care; the Trandoshan brings his tween daughter to live with them. Working title: Who's the Bossk?

AliasMan02
AG
Ewan would play Kenobi, surely. Would be cool. Tough line to walk with him being a hermit and all, with only limited contact with other communities and Owen/Beru/Luke. Don't want to make it look like he was actually out running around the galaxy all the time. Then again, probably don't want to have the whole thing on Tatooine.

The question is, what pulls him away from what is effectively guard duty for Luke?

We know he doesn't encounter Vader, and that Vader never suspected that Kenobi was on Tatooine. That makes a Dark Times encounter with Jedi hunters unlikely.

Kenobi has a long canonical history with Mandalore. That has the makings of a good story, and is yet another classic location we've never seen on screen.

How about a "one last mission" type of story? Kenobi has been isolated and committed to his post of watching over Luke, but learns of some impending threat against... say Alderran and Leia (just trying to think of what could be important enough). He secretly travels to help, calling on a couple of old allies to assist. Maybe a retired (or even current Stormtrooper) Cody.

It's weird because there is soooooo much canon material from the Clone Wars, but you imagine that Disney hesitates to use it because it was watched by a narrow band of viewers.
TCTTS
AG
Already been proven as a fake.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I want all the movies now!
AliasMan02
AG
Which would be the better "buddy cop" style of movie? Kenobi/Cody set during the Dark Times? Or Han/Fett before ANH? Or Han/Lando before ANH?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't want there to be a Solo/Fett rivalry. Fett is a trained killing machine; Han is a smuggler and card player. I'd prefer they not know each other prior to the events of the OT, or maybe just "by association".
If Han keeps one-upping Boba Fett in a movie, Fett's rep diminishes.
Putting them in the same movie gives that movie zero stakes

. I'd rather see either the story of the Han who is in the Imp flight academy and gets thrown out for helping Chewie, or something where he's going to a lot of different planets as a smuggler and eventually gets in over his head in dealing with Jabba. Even a friendly Han-Jabba relationship would be cool, like in the wonderful AC Crispin novels.

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I don't want there to be a Solo/Fett rivalry. Fett is a trained killing machine; Han is a smuggler and card player. I'd prefer they not know each other prior to the events of the OT, or maybe just "by association".
If Han keeps one-upping Boba Fett in a movie, Fett's rep diminishes.
Putting them in the same movie gives that movie zero stakes

. I'd rather see either the story of the Han who is in the Imp flight academy and gets thrown out for helping Chewie, or something where he's going to a lot of different planets as a smuggler and eventually gets in over his head in dealing with Jabba. Even a friendly Han-Jabba relationship would be cool, like in the wonderful AC Crispin novels.

LeonardSkinner
I think a simple solution would be that BF is the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and Solo didn't make it onto his radar until Jabba put a contract on him.
txagman1998
AG
quote:
Or Han/Lando before ANH?

And the movie ends with Han and Lando heads up in the main event of the Galactic Series of Sabacc. During their heads up match, they make a side bet for the Falcon. In the final hand, Han goes all-in on a bluff but is called by Lando who has a Sabacc. With one draw left, Han gets incredibly lucky and makes an Idiot's Array to win the championship and the Falcon.
AliasMan02
AG
Awesome excerpt from the latest Vader comic.

https://imgur.com/gallery/VSRKX

Here is the first page, but definitely click the link to read the several pages. This is why I love the non-film stuff, filling in the canon for moments like these.

Also, the art is great.

jabberwalkie09
AG
From the responses:

LOL I knew someone would jump on that.
Ag Since 83
AG
Seeing Vader find out who the pilot who destroyed the Death Star is has been a highlight of the comics so far for me.
DB Coach
AG
So is the comic series something that we should be reading? I've never been a big comics fan or fiction reader, but I absolutely love everything that is Star Wars (original canon).
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
So is the comic series something that we should be reading? I've never been a big comics fan or fiction reader, but I absolutely love everything that is Star Wars (original canon).
AFAIK it isn't necessarily required to understand the events in the OT. I'm a little fuzzy at what point the comics are occurring withing the continuity between films filling in canon events, but I believe that the Leia comics have taken place after ANH dealing with searching for survivors from Alderaan or something. I'm not a comic reader myself, but I've thought about picking up these. The art in the Vader comics especially looks fantastic.
AliasMan02
AG
Those few pages made me pull the trigger on Heir to the Jedi. Reading it now, then will pick up comics.

I know we've talked at times about lightsaber colors. Well, almost immediately in HttJ... purple lightsaber. Safe to say they're not going to stick to just blue and green.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
[url=https://flic.kr/p/vugqFm][/url]
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
I want to see a fish-out-of-water rom-com where a single mom with an adorable son and a sassy mother of her own hires a Trandoshan bounty hunter to be her maid/child care; the Trandoshan brings his tween daughter to live with them. Working title: Who's the Bossk?

Can't.... breath....

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Can anyone point me to a listing of books from the EU and what IS Canon according to LucasFilms and Disney... and what is now obsolete?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Found it... sad
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media#js
TCTTS
AG
REMINDER: Friday, 5:30 - 6:30 PM Pacific = The Force Awakens Comic-Con panel. Word is still no new footage (though quite a bit of behind-the-scenes footage the rest of us won't likely see 'til the Blu-ray), but who knows. No doubt, a lot of new character/plot info will be discussed/revealed, and it sounds like it's going to be a big deal regardless...

TCTTS
AG
UGH. Please don't be true...

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/7/10/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-to-direct-star-wars-episode-9

Jurassic World had zero heart, zero wonder, and zero artistry. And this is coming from someone who liked that movie. This is a HUGE step down from Abrams and Johnson, IMO.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure they've alread announced Rian Johnson for 8 and 9. No?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think Johnson has been speculated up to this point. But I agree with tc.
COOL LASER FALCON
Johnson has only been announced for 8.
TCTTS
AG
Johnson has been announced to write 8 and potential 9, but only direct 8.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really liked JW, but I too hope he's not doing Ep 9.
AliasMan02
AG
Loooooong time between now and Ep 9.
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone else reading the comics? I just started the Darth Vader one. Its pretty good. A lot of stuff happening very fast. Creates a lot of tension between the Emperor and Vader.
Ag Since 83
AG
TC, you summed up JW very well. Blue star for you. Ugh at the thought of Trevorrow directing IX
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.