Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,628 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/06/star-wars-is-bringing-no-new-footage-to-comic-con
jr15aggie
AG
Just give us the movie already!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I kind of like the idea of no more footage at all until the premiere.

I understand I'm in the minority on this.

At this point I'm thinking we get only one more big/final trailer. The more I read about no footage at Comic-Con, the more legit it sounds. And truthfully, the idea of a trailer mid-summer never felt quite right (May/October made way more sense). That said, everything is out the window with the schedule this go around, so who knows. At the very least I figured there'd be some kind of Comic-Con exclusive reveal.
lunchbox
Any legs to this?

http://geekculture.co/the-force-awakens-with-hk-action-star-donnie-yen-in-star-wars-ep-8/
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Any legs to this?

http://geekculture.co/the-force-awakens-with-hk-action-star-donnie-yen-in-star-wars-ep-8/

I bought in until it suggested that Han would be in Episode 8. I see that as like a 1:100 shot.
wangus12
AG
Rebel Scum

Cyprian
AG
quote:
Any legs to this?
I bought in until it suggested that Han would be in Episode 8. I see that as like a 1:100 shot.

Never tell me the odds
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Any legs to this?

Never tell me the odds

Gdit
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Rebel Scum

As everyone knows that Duke boys are prohibited from owning firearms. The cannon on top needs to be replaced with a crossbow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Any legs to this?

Never tell me the odds
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Rebel Scum

The tire on the side is a nice touch!
TCTTS
AG
How has no one posted this yet?

http://www.starwars.com/news/christopher-miller-and-phil-lord-to-helm-han-solo-anthology-film
TCTTS
AG
Or this???

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/07/07/darth-vader-will-menace-the-heroes-in-star-wars-anthology-rogue-one
lunchbox
quote:

http://www.starwars.com/news/christopher-miller-and-phil-lord-to-helm-han-solo-anthology-film
Maybe this is the actual movie Donnie Yen is rumored to be in (see link above) instead of Ep VIII
TCTTS
AG
I've been on record as saying I don't want a Han Solo movie, but I'll be the first to admit that a Lord & Miller, Lawrence Kasdan-written Han Solo movie sounds pretty damn awesome.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Malachi Constant
AG
omg what is TC posting????
Mr. White
As long as it's not Chris Pratt
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
As long as it's not Chris Pratt

He'll be too busy as star lord and Indiana jones.
brents1975
Not a fan of this.

1) Young Anakin/Vader worked out so well
2) anybody playing Han other than Harrison Ford is doomed to fail
3) why not let our minds fill in the blanks? Where's the mystery?
4) why not develop new characters
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kind of a random choice of directors.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And I agree. Han Solo should not be messed with.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

I dunno, it seems like this news broke pretty shortly before you posted, dude.
TCTTS
AG
News broke an hour before I posted, before SW.com confirmed.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
News broke an hour before I posted, before SW.com confirmed.
Well I guess we all have lives and work at 3 in the afternoon.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
Not a fan of this.

1) Young Anakin/Vader worked out so well
2) anybody playing Han other than Harrison Ford is doomed to fail
3) why not let our minds fill in the blanks? Where's the mystery?
4) why not develop new characters

I don't know, I think it could be amazing (even though it says it's not happening) that since Rogue One is a "war movie," they are in the middle of the battle, and then Vader drops in and just goes full Force Unleashed on the mofos. Bloody, gory carnage everywhere. No music, just screams, laser sounds, and explosions. Completely turns the tide of the battle for the bad guys.
TCTTS
AG
Currently sitting in a meeting as a type this.
Saxsoon
AG
I thought the point of rogue one was to avoid the magic and stick with more normal warfare
AliasMan02
AG
As for Vader being in Rogue One, you can't ignore him in any film that takes place from the end of the Clone Wars all the way up to Jedi. He's the most bad ass, destructive force (so to speak) in the universe. He's out looking for the base of the Rebel uprising. He and his death squads are hunting down any rumors of Jedi. Any Rebel battle strategy simply MUST be built around trying to be wherever Vader isn't, simply because he's a game changer. I sort of expect Rogue One to be about an operation that is part of a multi-front operation, where a main Rebel force is elsewhere as a distraction, and the smaller Rogue One team is performing the real operation.

As for Han, I think backstory there can be fine. The best part about the anthology films is that they stand alone. If it's not our favorite Star Wars movie, it's not like that carries on for a whole trilogy. In general I do agree that prequels should be avoided, just because it doesn't give the writers as many creative options.
TCTTS
AG
Check the article. He's only going to be on the periphery of the story, mostly seen on screens, giving orders, etc. Nothing really Force related.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd bank serious money on Boba Fett showing up in the Han Solo film. Espeically if it centers around the Hutts and Mos Eisley.
TCTTS
AG
Mr. White
quote:
I'd bank serious money on Boba Fett showing up in the Han Solo film. Espeically if it centers around the Hutts and Mos Eisley.

"Boba Fett?!"
Duncan Idaho
The change of the word Hutt from a title to a species was the beginning of the end.
First Page Last Page
Page 144 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.