Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,154 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet Serkis was a creepy kid growing up.
MGS
quote:
quote:
Still has a way to go to beat Samuel L Jackson

By the end of 2019, assuming Serkis' character lives 'til Episode IX and Infinity War Part II (the later of which admittedly isn't likely), he'll have been in...

- 6 Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies
- 5 Marvel movies (with a minimum of 3)
- 3 Star Wars movies
- 3 Planet of the Apes movies
- 1 King Kong

I don't see how anyone else can top that, but I may be wrong.

Speaking of Marvel movies, what's the combined box office of all movies with Stan F'ing Lee?
fig96
AG
quote:
Speaking of Marvel movies, what's the combined box office of all movies with Stan F'ing Lee?

$5,248,574,223

Really.
redline248
AG
...and how much of that do you think he takes?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Technically Serkis was not in Hobbit 2 or 3.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Technically Serkis was not in Hobbit 2 or 3.

Assumed he was, but I didn't see either. Thanks for the clarification.
GCRanger
AG
Haven't' seen this posted.

The Binks Awakens

NSIAP
amercer
AG
I think it was posted about 40 pages ago, but it's greatness none the less
TCTTS
AG
So... the 2018 Anthology movie (NOT Rogue One) is likely more than just a Boba Fett origins movie. Sounds like it could very well be Boba Fett vs. Han Solo movie, set between Episode III and IV, and may very well be directed by either Jon Favreau or Matthew Vaughn...

http://schmoesknow.com/hot-rumor-looks-like-han-solo-and-boba-fett-are-in-the-2nd-star-wars-anthology-film/38214/

Honestly, I don't know how you recast Harrison Ford - it seems impossible - but if they can somehow pull it off, this could be pretty cool. Especially if it's in the vein of a Western, as reported. Time will tell.
amercer
AG
Maybe they can get Shia LaBeouf

Enough with the back stories. It's a whole universe, something else interesting must be going on somewhere.
Ag Since 83
AG
I don't know what sounds less interesting: that idea, or the rumored idea for the third anthology film. Why must we explore every character's backstory and ruin their mystique?
TCTTS
AG
Don't get me wrong, for the anthologies, I would TOTALLY prefer more original stories with completely new characters. I'm just saying, if for some reason they have to go this route, I'd rather have a Han Solo vs Boba Fett wester-esque movie than just a Boba Fett origin story.
AliasMan02
AG
At worst, it's just one movie. At least it's not a trilogy of intertwining coincidences posing as plot, like Lucas would have done. Fett and Solo would have been roommates at the Academy, Han always saying, "Boba, you'll have me cold on a slab someday!" and Boba saying, "Don't accidentally set off my jetpack!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
According to Twitter, scoring for the film has begun at Sony.

The thought that John Williams is recording a new Star Wars score as we speak makes me happy.
VanZandt92
quote:

The thought that John Williams is recording a new Star Wars score as we speak makes me happy.

I'm listening to his The Patriot soundtrack at work as I write this.
boogieman
AG
quote:

Agreed. I fear the day a Star Wars film ISN'T scored by John Williams.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. I fear the day a Star Wars film ISN'T scored by John Williams.
That day is coming soon (or already here depending on your view) if you count the films as Rogue One will not be scored by Williams.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/04/3-new-official-star-wars-characters-revealed
AliasMan02
AG
Game for mobile? Ass.
Saxsoon
AG

Spoilers on changing Han's origin in the comic books

Did yall see in the comics that they introduced Han solo's wife. It took place between 4 and 5 and she shows up while trying to woo leia
Ag Since 83
AG
Um, spoiler alert much?
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Um, spoiler alert much?
Sorry, saw news articles just having it in the title and didn't think much of it
Ag Since 83
AG
It's OK. I read it right after seeing your post. I was hoping you were joking, but wow, it'll be interesting to see where this goes.
redline248
AG
so, that's canon? No way...right? Right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's hope not. Han would never be married.
redline248
AG
I googled "Han Solo Wife" and found this business insider article. Since it's written by Marvel, it's canon. However, as the article points out

quote:
There is one caveat to this, thoughsince comic books are probably the most serial narratives in popular fiction, they thrive off misdirection and cliffhangers. It's possible that there is some explanation to this that'll downplay the legitimacy of this marriage, in order to keep the romance between Han and Leia intact.

Or it could be some lying bounty hunter scum.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Don't get me wrong, for the anthologies, I would TOTALLY prefer more original stories with completely new characters. I'm just saying, if for some reason they have to go this route, I'd rather have a Han Solo vs Boba Fett wester-esque movie than just a Boba Fett origin story.

In the great anthology (book) Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Boba Fett's takes place years after ROTJ when he's basically infinitely rich and taking only really tough bounties, and even then feeling unsatisfied. Han Solo has settled into life married to Leia and is bored to tears living on Coruscant as president of the galaxy. When she's off on a diplomatic mission and Chewie is back on Kasshyyk chilling with his kids, Han takes the Falcon off on a joyride to some of his old smuggling haunts. He's spotted by one of Fett's contacts and ID'ed, Fett shows up and they get in a bit of a firefight, then ultimately come around the same corner and find each other, blasters pulled, face to face after all these years.

The story ends there. I hated it the first time I read it, loved it every time after.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I googled "Han Solo Wife" and found this business insider article. Since it's written by Marvel, it's canon. However, as the article points out

quote:
There is one caveat to this, thoughsince comic books are probably the most serial narratives in popular fiction, they thrive off misdirection and cliffhangers. It's possible that there is some explanation to this that'll downplay the legitimacy of this marriage, in order to keep the romance between Han and Leia intact.

Or it could be some lying bounty hunter scum.

His wife shows up, claiming that he drunkenly married her before skipping the planet ahead of the authorities. While Han is called a pig and a dog by his friends, she ultimately seduces him and knocks him unconscious with drugged lipstick before taking control of the Falcon and setting it on a course to be intercepted by salvagers. She escapes and Han et al survive, but she becomes a recurring villain, each time showing up with a new name, new husband, and a new scheme good enough for Han and company to be forced to risk trusting her.
Dro07
AG
Bruh spoiler dat chut
redline248
AG
Sounds like that episode of Firefly with Christina Hendrix
Dro07
AG
I actually was thinking the same thing reading that
jackie childs
quote:
Honestly, I don't know how you recast Harrison Ford - it seems impossible - but if they can somehow pull it off, this could be pretty cool. Especially if it's in the vein of a Western, as reported. Time will tell.
are they still redoing Indiana jones? if so, they need to cast the same actor for both indy and han.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This.
Malachi Constant
AG
I am really looking forward to the new score. I hope John Williams takes it in a new direction, but that we still get to hear the same motifs throughout.

I think he did this perfectly with "Duel of the Fates," but I thought there was a little too much reliance on the OT music in the Prequel Trilogy.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really tough job to come up with anything as iconic as the Main Theme, the Force Theme, or Cantina Music, while staying faithful to the overall "feel."

What I don't need is Kylo Ren walking around to the Imperial March.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Sounds like that episode of Firefly with Christina Hendrix

Obviously.
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.