Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,178 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More Rebel clips from today's panel. I would say that this probably contains some spoilers.

http://torganrialt.kinja.com/star-wars-rebels-season-2-clips-1698872790
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cool stuff, especially the B-Wing.

Truth to be told, even though it's a kids' cartoon, Vader's probably going to have to kill either Kaanan or Asohka to be true to his character and true to the menace he provides the overall series. You can't have Vader bumbling around the Outer Rim in search of those wacky Rebels and never actually inflict any damage on them like he's a Scooby Doo villain. And besides the point, him against Kaanan is a total slaughter in a fight - based on Kaanan vs. the Inquisitor.

Quite frankly, he should probably kill Asohka too. Granted, I hope they have a scene where she recognizes who is through the Force and he hesitates, but he didn't hesitate much in killing Obi-Wan on the Death Star, so no reason to let her go.
jabberwalkie09
AG
From what I have heard, his piloting skills will be exhibited. Think Chiggy Von Richthofen from Space Above and Beyond. I agree he will have to probably have to kill someone this season. I wonder if Filoni has it within him to kill off either Kanan or Ahsoka. Vader should cut straight through Kanan with ease. Ahsoka would probably give him more trouble IMO.
Ulrich
I've read the EU book covering Bothans stealing the plans. It's been a really long time, but I'm pretty sure it was only like 7 Bothans that died. Given that Mon Mothma's remark comes after 3 billion Alderaanians and 1.2 million inhabitants of the first Death Star have been killed, I'm not sure 7 counts as "many" in the grand scheme of things.
Ulrich
Regarding Darth Vader, I think they should do the Star Wars version of Terminator at some point. A ragged band of Jedi fleeing the indestructible, emotionless Vader post-O66, where Vader gets a pretty heavy dose of screen time and plot but there are plenty of faces to carry the movie.
Ag Since 83
AG
If you don't think Vader has the emotion to carry a movie, well...

Ag Since 83
AG
So if Rogue One is pre-ANH, that gives them an opportunity to show us some scenes on Alderaan, in addition to the very brief glimpse we got in Episode III when jimmy Smits took Leia home. It might make sense to have the spies agents of Bail/Leia, so you could have some exposition scenes there. That got me thinking what other planets I'd like to see in movies, and I came up with:

Kessel (is the Maw in canon anywhere?) maybe the Kessel Run could be a movie title
Corellia
One of the shipyard worlds, like Kuat or Fondor
redline248
AG
Mon Calimari

As to the Vader no emotion deal...how many of y'all saw V for Vendetta? I thought they pulled that off pretty well.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Regarding Darth Vader, I think they should do the Star Wars version of Terminator at some point. A ragged band of Jedi fleeing the indestructible, emotionless Vader post-O66, where Vader gets a pretty heavy dose of screen time and plot but there are plenty of faces to carry the movie.
Treating Darth Vader as a Star Wars version of Terminator is exactly how he should be portrayed in any movies/TV shows. Similar to how they portrayed Winter Soldier from the recent Captain America film an unstoppable force that has no need to move fast, knows it can't be killed, and knows it's only a matter of time before its target is dead.
amercer
AG
quote:
From what I have heard, his piloting skills will be exhibited. Think Chiggy Von Richthofen from Space Above and Beyond. I agree he will have to probably have to kill someone this season. I wonder if Filoni has it within him to kill off either Kanan or Ahsoka. Vader should cut straight through Kanan with ease. Ahsoka would probably give him more trouble IMO.

My understanding was that Vader wouldn't really be involved much going forward. He's probably got more important stuff to do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
So if Rogue One is pre-ANH, that gives them an opportunity to show us some scenes on Alderaan, in addition to the very brief glimpse we got in Episode III when jimmy Smits took Leia home. It might make sense to have the spies agents of Bail/Leia, so you could have some exposition scenes there. That got me thinking what other planets I'd like to see in movies, and I came up with:

Kessel (is the Maw in canon anywhere?) maybe the Kessel Run could be a movie title
Corellia
Interesting. Would be cool to see the destruction of Alderaan from inside the planet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, I'd love to finally see Luke or one of our new force users use some cool force-powers on screen. Nothing too absurd or over-powered, but something beyond lifting an X-Wing out of the swamp. (As great as that scene is.)
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Corellia
Interesting. Would be cool to see the destruction of Alderaan from inside the planet.
I would give anything (and yes, I know they are no longer canon) to have a movie or series of movies based on the Michael Stackpole Rogue Squadron books.
jeffk
AG
Space: Above and Beyond was the schnitzel.
OnlyForNow
AG
In the trailer when we see Luke's hand on R2-D2 I think he is using the Force and the droid's communication abilities to project something somewhere.

Like an interstellar batsignal maybe. That scene to me fits for something like that.
MGS
quote:
I've read the EU book covering Bothans stealing the plans. It's been a really long time, but I'm pretty sure it was only like 7 Bothans that died. Given that Mon Mothma's remark comes after 3 billion Alderaanians and 1.2 million inhabitants of the first Death Star have been killed, I'm not sure 7 counts as "many" in the grand scheme of things.
Wait - which theft are talking about making a movie about? Plans for Death Star 1 or 2?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Wait - which theft are talking about making a movie about? Plans for Death Star 1 or 2?

Death Star 1. No Bothans involved.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I would give anything (and yes, I know they are no longer canon) to have a movie or series of movies based on the Michael Stackpole Rogue Squadron books.
A fighter squadron based Star Wars series? Yes please!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

OnlyForNow
AG
I really wanted to post that!

I don't see what it would be interesting... Life on Aldeern would be normal until the planet explodes. It's not like the Death Star was shooting that beam of warm-up energy for an extended period of time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True. There'd need to be some minor alterations for dramatic effect, because the destruction of a planet in a split second doesn't make for great drama or a cool action scene.

Maybe more like the destruction of Vulcan in Star Trek, though obviously not quite as long. Even 10 seconds of destruction (in real time, not screen time) would be enough to make an awesome scene out of it.
OnlyForNow
AG
I can't remeber but how close was the Death Star to Alderaan when it blew it up?

Was there a giant shadow effect on the planet for weeks at a time? I don't remember how fast the DS moved either, so they had to know it was coming or it shot from so far away it was all a surprise.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Something along these lines...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not that close, it would look like nothing more than a small moon.
The Collective
AG
I think we can look to the great Chazz Reinhold for an idea on how that scene might go from a drama perspective:
"Aaaahhh, I'm hang-gliding! Take a good picture, honey, I'm dead!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The idea for the film came from award-winning visual effects artist John Knoll, who pitched the idea internally before bringing it to Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm's Kiri Hart. The process led to the company looking internally for other story options for the Star Wars films a process that sounds similar to what Pixar does with its short film program.

Edwards explained that he was first pitched the idea for Rogue One when he was in the middle of Godzilla, and was so burned out that he was hoping he wouldn't like the project even though he is a lifelong Star Wars fan. "Please be rubbish, please be rubbish, please hate it," he remembered thinking when reading the original description. "And then I got to the end and I was just, 'Oh, ****.'"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I really wanted to post that!

I don't see what it would be interesting... Life on Aldeern would be normal until the planet explodes. It's not like the Death Star was shooting that beam of warm-up energy for an extended period of time.
Could do like a 90-second Naked Gun-esque spoof of people doing normal stuff until the planet explodes.

Kid sneaks into dad's liquor cabinet, cracks first can of Alderaanian beer open, planet explodes.
Bail Organa nailing Lady Organa during a nooner, right when he gets off, planet explodes.
Guy's speeder alarm is going off over and over, he finally goes outside to shut it down, presses the button, planet explodes.
Guy finally decides to watch X-rated film called Gungan Girls Gone Wild, presses play, planet explodes.
OnlyForNow
AG
Not quite the comedy I think they are going for.

Although, if Jar-Jar Binks or any other Gungan was on the planet when it exploded that'd be a good thing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
We have learned the code name of the second Star Wars Anthology film. The "spin-offs" or the "Stand-alones" are being called Star Wars Anthology. So a film could be called Star Wars Anthology: Jar Jar's Great Adventure.
I know that it was said in-jest, but all I could think of was DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens operated under the titles of "Foodles" and "AVCO." Star Wars: Rogue One is going by "Los Alamos." This of course follows in the tradition of obscuring the film's true nature as Return of the Jedi was famously called "Blue Harvest" during production to appear to be a low
budget horror film instead of the capstone to the original trilogy. The
prequels did business as "JAK Productions," which was an acronym of
George Lucas' children's names of Jet, Amanda, and Katie.

Like the history in the article.

quote:
The second Star Wars Anthology film's code name is "Tin Can."
We don't know what the film could be. It could be that Boba Fett film if
that's ever happening. It kind of reminds me of the Falcon to an extent.
Lucasfilm did also register 501st Stormtrooper recently, so maybe it is
a Stormtrooper film? Maybe not.
We loved Josh Trank's Chronicle and can't wait to see what he does with his Star Wars Anthology film.
Very interesting..... Where does this guy get his info? Looking forward to find out more about the anthology films.

Link to article at MSW.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:
We have learned the code name of the second Star Wars Anthology film. The "spin-offs" or the "Stand-alones" are being called Star Wars Anthology. So a film could be called Star Wars Anthology: Jar Jar's Great Adventure.
I know that it was said in-jest, but all I could think of was DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be on par with this greatness from my childhood (my buddy had it recorded on Beta):

Saxsoon
AG
quote:

I don't care who you are, that is funny
jabberwalkie09
AG
Thank God I missed that and the Holiday Special due to being too young.
jeffk
AG
Maybe Tin Can is the realization of my SW-themed romantic comedy about two star-crossed engineers working their first job for the Empire aboard a full-operational space station. As the plot advances and they fall hopelessly in love, forces outside their control are plotting to bring their whole world down around them.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Could be on par with this greatness from my childhood (my buddy had it recorded on Beta):

Man I loved the Ewok movies (when I was 6 & 7 years old).
First Page Last Page
Page 125 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.