Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,530 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson AMA on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/339l16/we_are_oscar_isaac_and_domhnall_gleeson_of_ex/
VanZandt92
Still spoiler free in East Texas.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sorry if already posted. Flametrooper armor. Love it.

AliasMan02
AG
Star Croozerrr... crish!

Had more heart and emotion than the Anakin-Padme relationship.
VanZandt92
Wish i had time to finish my second suit of stormtrooper armor , but life got in the way. was going to be a Sandtrooper.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
was going to be a Sandtrooper.
VanZandt92
Move along.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
I need to finish TCW, I'm about 2/3 through S5 and some of the droid episodes have dragged on a but. Sounds like it ended really strong though.

Is Rebels worth watching?
I think it is as I enjoy the SWU as a whole. The first season has some slow/bad episodes much like TCW had some cringe worthy episodes at times (the Gascon/Droids arc you mentioned). The show really starts to pick up steam towards the middle of the season. The finale for season one is probably right up there with some of the best episodes from TCW, with the majority of episodes after the half way point (Idiot's Array being the exception IMO) not that far behind.
Meant to respond to this earlier (and that's the exact arc I'm in the at the moment.), but thanks for the info. Gonna try to finish up TCW in the next week or two then move on to Rebels.
joemeister
AG
So I just finished watching my DVR recordings of Rebels. I never watched the Clone Wars. Who is the alien chick at the end, and (briefly) what is important about her?
Dro07
AG
quote:
So I just finished watching my DVR recordings of Rebels. I never watched the Clone Wars. Who is the alien chick at the end, and (briefly) what is important about her?

Was she orange?
Keegan99
AG
http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/movies/a15181/craigslist-ad-imperial-star-destroyer/?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1457_170805189
joemeister
AG
She was one of those painted up not really a Twilek, Twilek things. I'm color blind so I can't really tell you what color she was.
redline248
AG
This is why I love the internet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Long story short, Ahsoka Tano (orange skin with facial markings and samurai outfit in finale) is Anakin's padawan from TCW (2008 series) introduced first in the TCW film. She ended up exiting the show (don't really want to say for spoilerific reasons) at the end of season five. She had to exit TCW in someway prior to the events of ROTS since she was never mentioned. There are two different "Clone Wars" series. The 2003 (I think) series is not canon and the animation style is like Samurai Jack (same director I think) and the 2008 series was directed by Dave Filoni.

Her appearance in Rebels in the finale kind of bridges the gap between the PT era and the OT era.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm having serious Star Wars news/content withdrawals.
homebuildingag
AG
quote:

Emperalissimo Palpatine is still dead...
Ag Since 83
AG
Next years celebration is in London. There you go.
Knife_Party
I'm actually feeling really satisfied with what all came out. I think I could wait til December with this satiated feeling.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm satisfied with what came out, but at the same time, I want it to be December right now.

I don't want to know anything about the plot or characters, but I can't wait to see more stuff like posters, merchandise, the new books bridging Jedi and TFA, etc.
VanZandt92
quote:
I'm satisfied with what came out, but at the same time, I want it to be December right now.

I don't want to know anything about the plot or characters, but I can't wait to see more stuff like posters, merchandise, the new books bridging Jedi and TFA, etc.
Yeah my son, a ten year old, keeps asking me what day in December. Have they stated that yet?

His recent quote was, "Wow, dad, this will be my first Star Wars in a real theatre." I said, "yep" and smiled.
VanZandt92
quote:
Time to build stormtrooper costume. It is the only answer. Seriously.

My son wants to be Darth Maul for Halloween, but I'm not sure I can pull it off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah my son, a ten year old, keeps asking me what day in December. Have they stated that yet?

His recent quote was, "Wow, dad, this will be my first Star Wars in a real theatre." I said, "yep" and smiled.
Nice.

And yes, December 18th is the official release date. Guessing they follow suit with recent blockbusters and showings start at 7 pm on Thursday the 17th.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice.

And yes, December 18th is the official release date. Guessing they follow suit with recent blockbusters and showings start at 7 pm on Thursday the 17th.

If I had to guess, they'll probably bump the release up another day or two, at least for IMAX screenings. Interstellar was scheduled to come out on a Friday, but then IMAX screenings ultimately started the Tuesday before. That seems to be the new trend with these mega-blockbusters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I will be there the earliest day possible, in IMAX.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Haha, yes!

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

So much has come out regarding the SWU over the four days of celebration that we have been on information overload and are now riding high because of it. I think between now and December, besides what JJ said of slowly revealing small details of TFA in the coming months, we will get details on Rogue One and Tank's film. Remember that Star Wars Weekends is coming up, and that seems like a good time to put out some more info, especially casting info for Rogue One.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And why not.

TCTTS
AG
A friend of mine relatively close to Abrams' camp said Abrams & co are planning something for May the Fourth. That's a Monday. So we'll see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Very nice.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Matthew McConaughey's reaction to the new Star Wars trailer:

http://news.moviefone.com/2015/04/17/mcconaughey-star-wars/
Dro07
AG
quote:
Matthew McConaughey's reaction to the new Star Wars trailer:

http://news.moviefone.com/2015/04/17/mcconaughey-star-wars/
Did you know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalkers dad?
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
And why not.

Awkward family photos
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
And why not.

Awkward family photos
Exactly what I thought.

They could have made it more awkward and put force ghost Hayden in there.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
And why not.

Awkward family photos
Exactly what I thought.

They could have made it more awkward and put force ghost Hayden in there.
More awkward would be to photoshop james earl jones' pecker into her hand.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.