Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,410 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12
AG
I know its not about the movie, but they are about to do the Star Wars: Battlefront panel on youtube, for all you gamers
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think one thing that really excited me yesterday when they were interviewing Isaac, Ridley and Boyega was how into the roles they were. I see the same excitement from interviews with the case of the cast of Rebels (FPJ especially). BTW, next season has recruited his wife (Sarah Michelle Gellar) for the season as well. I know that they are smoking their own brand pretty much but when the cast is excited, I get excited.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If you preorder the game, you get The Battle of Jakku as free DLC early. Sign me up and take my money. Now. And EA has a 10 year deal to do games for Lucasfilm?
The Collective
AG
This pic makes me smile so much (dciap):
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
I watched the teaser this morning with my 3 year old, and my wife walks in at the end and sarcastically comments, "doesn't an old Harrison Ford just kind of ruin it"? I earmuffed the kid and told her to shut the **** up.
TCTTS
AG
To answer a couple questions about the marketing...

Expect the next/final big marketing push to begin in September. There likely won't be much more marketing this summer. September is when the new books start releasing and then October is usually when the big December movie releases its final/full trailer. In fact, there's a site called The Projection List (wink-wink) that's projecting the final trailer to hit mid-October...

http://projectionlist.com/#/site/trailers

So...

- SEPTEMBER: New books start releasing

- OCTOBER: Final/Full trailer

- NOVEMBER: Commercials should start airing in mass, billboards up everywhere, etc.

- DECEMBER: The movie itself obviously hits theaters
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
don't show us Luke until we're sitting in the movie theater

Yes, please, this.

Think back to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. A mere 5 years had passed since the Temple of Doom, yet when Harrison Ford was first shown as Indy aboard the Coronado after the young Indy sequence with River Phoenix, I remember a big smile on my face and the crowd actually cheered for the appearance of Harrison Ford.

I think that with 32 years passing since we last saw Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, keeping his face out of all previews will make his first appearance in The Force Awakens truly awesome.
jabberwalkie09
AG
For those curious, the book title that will lead into TFA is called, appropriately I might add, "Aftermath."
Al Bula
AG
Posting because funny

Dro07
AG
quote:
For those curious, the book title that will lead into TFA is called, appropriately I might add, "Aftermath."
When do the graphic novels come out?
wangus12
AG
quote:

Expect the next/final big marketing push to begin in September. There likely won't be much more marketing this summer. September is when the new books start releasing and then October is usually when the big December movie releases its final/full trailer. In fact, there's a site called The Projection List (wink-wink) that's projecting the final trailer to hit mid-October...

So...

- NOVEMBER: Commercials should start airing in mass, billboards up everywhere, etc.

Also, Star Wars: Battlefront releases in November (17th) and will have tie-ins to the film, including the Battle of Jakku.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

So...

Also, Star Wars: Battlefront releases in November (17th) and will have tie-ins to the film, including the Battle of Jakku.

Oh, sweet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love that this is going viral. Possibly the start of a new meme. (And my reddit post was linked, woo hoo!)

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2015/4/17/8440637/the-mcconaissance-will-be-memed
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
If you preorder the game, you get The Battle of Jakku as free DLC early. Sign me up and take my money. Now. And EA has a 10 year deal to do games for Lucasfilm?

Welp... guess I'm out that $60.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
The comics for events post ANH are already in progress. There are also some other mini-series going on though. Lando just got his own comic mini-series which was announced yesterday I think. There is a comic series or novel (not sure which) coming in September as well, but I haven't read much about that honestly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never bought or read a SW EU novel. Will be reading Aftermath for sure.
AliasMan02
AG
Planning to download Heir to the Jedi tonight and try to get through it this weekend.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I've never bought or read a SW EU novel. Will be reading Aftermath for sure.

Same here on both accounts.
AliasMan02
AG
Oh, and I think Marvel is doing a free month of their digital subscription right now.
fig96
AG
No link to the Battlefront trailer yet?

Epic.

wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Welp... guess I'm out that $60.
You don't have to pre-order the game to get the free DLC. According to the producer chick, everyone who has the game on Dec. 8th will have access to the free DLC. If you pre-order, you get the content a week earlier.
oglaw
AG
quote:

So...

When is D23 this year? It wouldn't shock me if a new trailer is shown there.
Dro07
AG
quote:

Epic.

I saw it but confused by it. What type of game play is it? FPS? TPS?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
The comics for events post ANH are already in progress. There are also some other mini-series going on though. Lando just got his own comic mini-series which was announced yesterday I think. There is a comic series or novel (not sure which) coming in September as well, but I haven't read much about that honestly.
How many issues have been released, and are they any good?
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Epic.

I haven't played a legit video game in over a decade. Seeing that all but assured I'll be purchasing a PS4 come November. Wow.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:

Epic.

They said you have the option of 3rd or 1st person. Whichever you prefer. And by this, I mean your personal viewpoint
wangus12
AG
quote:
Love that this is going viral. Possibly the start of a new meme. (And my reddit post was linked, woo hoo!)

Brian did you make it?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Brian did you make it?

That's ALL OVER Twitter, and on just about every site I go to. Please tell me that was actually you, Brian...
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Epic.

I haven't played a legit video game in over a decade. Seeing that all but assured I'll be purchasing a PS4 come November. Wow.

Buy one this summer and play Arkham Knight. Trust me.
benMath08
AG
Album containing images from the Celebration exhibit. I believe some, but not all, have been posted in this thread before. SIAP

https://imgur.com/a/YLeIZ
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Epic.

They said you have the option of 3rd or 1st person. Whichever you prefer.
I can't remember for sure, but I think the original Battlefront series of games were 3rd person. I've played so much BF3 and BF4, that it might feel weird to me to actually play third person now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Couple of pics in really high res.

TCTTS
AG
Nevermind. Dp.
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.