Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,356 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by TCTTS
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After this, I want to go back and watch ALL of the movies, both shows, and the new EU Books.
redline248
AG
I watched A New Hope tonight. Are any of the new novels out yet?
AMW2010
AG
quote:
I'm going to guess there's been more than 1 Star Destroyer and X-wing battle in the 30 years since Endor.

So I was thinking... And looking... But if you look closely at the x wing... It's the original design... Not the new design... So I still think it and the destroyer are from ROtJ, and this is the plant they crashed on...

I also am interested in that theory that palpating gave anikin his 2nd saber, with a special crystal that turns you to the sith... Obi wan gets it, then gives it to lUke... Then Vader cuts off his arm and saves Luke from turning... Then someone finds the saber in cloud city...and then years later it's given to the princess... And maybe it cause someone in her side of the family to go rouge...

I don't remember how he gets his light saber tho?... I know when they are in that factory his gets smashed and destroyed... And then when they are in the arena, they are rescued, and a random Jedi throws him a light saber... But that was clone wars... I'm drawing a blank from there...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Friend just sent this to me.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I will eat my hat if wrong, but this "special saber that turns you into a Sith" sounds like utter hogwash.

Trailer has been up on YouTube for 12 hours, 13.694 million views.
redline248
AG
quote:
I don't remember how he gets his light saber tho?... I know when they are in that factory his gets smashed and destroyed... And then when they are in the arena, they are rescued, and a random Jedi throws him a light saber... But that was clone wars... I'm drawing a blank from there...
The simplest and most logical explanation is he got back to the Jedi temple after the Geonosis battle and built a new, practically identical lightsaber on his own. Honestly, if Palpatine gave him a light saber don't you think Anakin would be like...uh, wtf...where did you get this?
TCTTS
AG
http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/32v2zy/comparison_audio_of_lukes_lines_from_rotj_and_tfa/
Jacques
I just want to point out...no Disney logo before that trailer. Just sayin'.....
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I just want to point out...no Disney logo before that trailer. Just sayin'.....

Didn't even think about that. Good eye.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
The simplest and most logical explanation is he got back to the Jedi temple after the Geonosis battle and built a new, practically identical lightsaber on his own. Honestly, if Palpatine gave him a light saber don't you think Anakin would be like...uh, wtf...where did you get this?

This is honestly prolly what happened, but after reading everyone's thoughts, it has plausibility... There is always stuff in movies that happens off screen in movies, that either you should just know, expect, or find out about later...
TCTTS
AG
Hands downs the best analyzation of the trailer yet...

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-teaser-2-images/
wangus12
AG
quote:

Yeah that was me in my office yesterday
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-teaser-2-images/

Great stuff. They've convinced me that the voiceover is Luke, which I'm glad of.
double aught
AG
quote:
analysis?
lunchbox
quote:
First off, let me say, I was a doubter. From the very beginning I thought making another trilogy was a turrible idea. It is Disney. Too PC, feel-good, girl-oriented crap. My main gripe is/was that grew up reading the Expanded Universe (EU), and I hated (and still hate) the idea that it is all disappearing... or being relabeled as "Legendary" or whatever. That ****'s real!

The first trailer looked good but I still had my doubts. This one comes out and HOLY CRAP! This totally changed my outlook! I went from being a cynic to really excited! That opening scene on Tatooine with the X-Wing and SD, then Vader's helmet with the ROTJ quote....chills....
Just FYI - it isn't Tatooine. It is a planet named Jakku per the panel yesterday and I'm assuming we haven't heard of it before b/c Wookieepedia has almost nothing on it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah that was me in my office yesterday
Ha!

I posted this on reddit and it got me on the front page and reddit gold. I feel so special.
AgMarauder04
AG
Does anyone else get the feeling that the smile on Solo's face at the end wasn't just acting of Solo being happy? It's almost as if Harrison Ford himself felt joy at being back on the Falcon.
URDeparted
I just listened/watched that scene from ROTJ with Luke and Leia and it's definitely the same audio just reordered a bit for the voice over
URDeparted
I agree. That's how I felt watching it. You have to know that those actors are happy to be back in those roles
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that the smile on Solo's face at the end wasn't just acting of Solo being happy? It's almost as if Harrison Ford himself felt joy at being back on the Falcon.
That easily was the best part to me, and brought a smile to my face. I dunno how you could NOT be happy to be back on board for more Star Wars!
Ag Since 83
AG
I've been thinking about what JJ said yesterday about having some fun over the next few months revealing other characters. Maybe we're not far enough removed from yesterday yet, but at this point I am wondering why do that at all. That was essentially the trailer equivalent of a microphone drop and walking off the stage, and at this point, I kind of want JJ to give us nothing else for 8 months and just let us watch that trailer over and over again. I mean, I think he has hit maximum hype with minimum spoilers at this point
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, I hope they continue with the trend of giving away nothing in the trailer. And as much as the world wants to see it, don't show us Luke until we're sitting in the movie theater.

The reaction to seeing him for the first time in 32 years will be epic.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Honestly, I hope they continue with the trend of giving away nothing in the trailer. And as much as the world wants to see it, don't show us Luke until we're sitting in the movie theater.

The reaction to seeing him for the first time in 32 years will be epic.
I saw him playing the Trickster in The Flash TV series the other day. Does that count?
Knife_Party
So when do we get the first full length trailer? I'm hoping it won't be a month before the actual movie comes out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
20 million views in 20 hours.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I kind of want JJ to give us nothing else for 8 months and just let us watch that trailer over and over again. I mean, I think he has hit maximum hype with minimum spoilers at this point.

I feel the same way, yet at the same time, my insatiable thirst calls for more and I want it now.

quote:
20 million views in 20 hours
Half of that is from me.

I also agree that the smile from Ford isn't acting. That is what genuine happiness looks like.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I think it's rather telling in regards to how popular this movie is, and beyond leaked spoilers at sites like MSW, the trailers have given away barely anything.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Is it possible to break YouTube?
agmag90
quote:
So when do we get the first full length trailer? I'm hoping it won't be a month before the actual movie comes out.
I know it's 8 months away, but I almost don't want anything more. Just want to be blown away with all the new images and scenes in the theatre.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just in case some of y'all haven't recognized it. An upside-down Super Star Destroyer.

For scale. (Regular Star Destroyer on left, the crashed ship we see in the opening desert shot.)
Ag Since 83
AG
I saw this somewhere else (I think on Ain't it Cool): that was the first shot of Han and Chewie in the Falcon since ESB. The only time they are in the Falcon in Jedi is when they are leaving Tatooine, and we hear Han talking to Luke, but we only see Luke in his X-wing
Teacher_Ag
AG
I have seen enough now that I'd pay several hundred dollars to see the movie in theaters if that's what they charged. I don't want to see anything else until I sit down in the theater seat and open my chocolate covered raisins.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just in case some of y'all haven't recognized it. An upside-down Super Star Destroyer.
Recognized it yesterday, it could mean that there were, or are, more super star destroyers out there in the galaxy than just the Executor. Which really, really excites me because when you saw that ship in ESB it was hard to not see it as the incarnation of death and embodiment of fear.
twilly
AG
quote:
I have seen enough now that I'd pay several hundred dollars to see the movie in theaters if that's what they charged. I don't want to see anything else until I sit down in the theater seat and open my chocolate covered raisins.
I felt the same way back in '99 before TPM came out. In fact I paid $300 to see it at a charity screening 3 days before the general public.

I remember leaving the theater saying, "At least it was a tax deduction."
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
I felt the same way back in '99 before TPM came out. In fact I paid $300 to see it at a charity screening 3 days before the general public.

I remember leaving the theater saying, "At least it was a tax deduction."
Yeah, but this just FEELS different/ Someone said it earlier, the prequels didn't even feel like Star Wars. This most definitely does.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.