Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,851,366 Views | 43782 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Any theories on who could've obtained Vader's burned helmet, and why?

Do you really want to know?

*** potentially very minor spoilers ***

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) apparently collects Sith relics. He's like a Sith uber-fanboy. It's more complicated than that, but I don't want to spoil anymore.
Please don't. I have been avoiding the spoiler thread successfully so far and don't want to give in this close to the movie!

Even though it's based on somewhat solid rumors, it's all speculation. No one knows for sure. No one's going to get into heavy spoilers here. That said, now that TWO trailers have been released, it's basically open game to kind of see what sticks and try to piece all of these trailer elements together. Its only natural. If you want to know nothing, frankly, it's probably not a great idea to follow a thread on the internet discussing the movie. But again, no one knows anything for sure. Like I said, I thought I knew a lot - stuff that people had said was basically confirmed - and this trailer definitely disproved a couple of those things. There's so much up in the air right now.

(That said, the trailer also confirmed quite a few things as well.)
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
... that's NOT Hamill doing the voice over. Listen closely. It's Domhnall Gleeson doing his best Skywalker impression. And you know that means...
no i don't so just say it
Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either... tell us what you are thinking. Not a spoiler cause it's just your guess.

I can't imagine Gleeson having a huge role in the film because he hasn't even been introduced yet... not even a set photo. Then again, JJ does his darnedest to keep stuff a secret... maybe he's intentionally hiding one of the most crucial characters from us for a very good reason.

I already said it. Gleeson might be Luke's son. Just a guess, though. But that does raise the question... if it's Gleeson doing the voice over, who's his sister? Everything I've heard so far, there's no indication that Luke has a daughter (or even a son).

It does bring up a super interesting point and changes everything. Let's say you are correct... Gleeson plays Luke's Son and that is his voice. It answers the question of "my father has it" being present tense because he's talking about Luke (and using a very cool flashback to Lukes Jedi dialogue with Leia). You can only assume, then, that he's talking to Finn (and Rey is the sister he references). The only thing that makes it cooler is if Kylo is indeed a Solo and it's one big family Jedi fight.

But that's probably taking it too far. I think the simpler thing is to assume that is Luke talking about his family and then telling his new protege "I see the same power in you" (talking to either Rey or Finn). But the conversation is fun so all theories are welcome at this point.
Dro07
AG
Has Rey been confirmed has Leias daughter?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
What's crazy is you still havent seen a single image of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Lupita Nyong, or Andy Serkis (that we know of) yet, and it already looks unreal.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
No. Rumors have circulated since the first cast photo was revealed. Solo / Skywalker offspring have been speculated, but nothing confirmed. In the spoilers that I've read (which are purely educated speculation), they have just as many reasons saying yes as they do no.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Nope. Not by long shot.
hurleyag
AG
I'm fine with the speculation so far and what has been said, but "It's more complicated than that, but I don't want to spoil anymore." is what I didn't want you to expand on.
Mr. White
Has it been 100% confirmed that it's Serkis doing the voiceover in the first teaser? If I hadn't heard that, I'd bet my life that it's Cumberbatch.
Simplebay
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Generally speaking, JJ has said publicly that he's kept an eye on the rumors/spoilers. Some are accurate and some are way off.

I've read just enough to know that there is some truth starting to show through some rumors I've read, but it's all very broad plot points (many of which were confirmed in the forum earlier). Where characters start, how some of them meet and join up, etc. Very general plot stuff (Finn is a Stormtrooper, Rey is a scavenger on a desert planet, Poe is an ace pilot that meets Finn and starts the adventure).

Based on all that, I personally believe JJ and Co. have kept the major plot points involving Luke, Sith, etc. tightly under wraps. The fact that the rumors have been all over the place regarding some of those characters tells me we are in for some surprises (hoping they can keep it guarded between now and December).
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Any theories on who could've obtained Vader's burned helmet, and why?

Do you really want to know?

*** potentially very minor spoilers ***

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) apparently collects Sith relics. He's like a Sith uber-fanboy. It's more complicated than that, but I don't want to spoil anymore.
Please don't. I have been avoiding the spoiler thread successfully so far and don't want to give in this close to the movie!

Even though it's based on somewhat solid rumors, it's all speculation. No one knows for sure. No one's going to get into heavy spoilers here. That said, now that TWO trailers have been released, it's basically open game to kind of see what sticks and try to piece all of these trailer elements together. Its only natural. If you want to know nothing, frankly, it's probably not a great idea to follow a thread on the internet discussing the movie. But again, no one knows anything for sure. Like I said, I thought I knew a lot - stuff that people had said was basically confirmed - and this trailer definitely disproved a couple of those things. There's so much up in the air right now.

(That said, the trailer also confirmed quite a few things as well.)
I also don't think Abrams is going to let much leak. I'm expecting some surprises no matter what we think we "know".
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Has it been 100% confirmed that it's Serkis doing the voiceover in the first teaser? If I hadn't heard that, I'd bet my life that it's Cumberbatch.
I'm almost positive it was confirmed to be Serkis by JJ. But nothing else was given other than it was indeed his lines.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I have not done a single bit of work in 3 hours.
AMW2010
AG

This new sand planet must be near endor... Cause when these were destroyed they crashed here... Also I didn't noticed the crashed x wing first time around..

Maybe Vader had more than one helmet? And they was found In the crash?

Luke's old light saber? Or obi-wan?

I snapped this one, and after I noticed the tie fighter in the top left shooting at them!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I already said it. Gleeson might be Luke's son. Just a guess, though. But that does raise the question... if it's Gleeson doing the voice over, who's his sister? Everything I've heard so far, there's no indication that Luke has a daughter (or even a son).
It makes you think about the dialogue in a different light that is for sure. I still want to believe that it is Hamill doing the voice over though as it would make the most sense for him to be the one saying it. At least at this stage it does.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm going to guess there's been more than 1 Star Destroyer and X-wing battle in the 30 years since Endor.
jr15aggie
AG
There is a bloody hand print on Finns Stormtrooper helmet right before he takes it off. He is definitely involved in a bloody mess of something (led by Kylo Ren) and he rethinks his life.

No doubt this is how the movie opens and serves as the most basic of tools. Much like how IV opened with a start destoryer and Vader... we knew right away who the awesome bad guy was. We will see right away who Kylo Ren is (by his actions) and Finn wants no part of it.
TCTTS
AG
I'll give the very basic gist of what's currently being rumored, family-wise, because it's hard to do all this speculating without knowing what the current status quo of thinking. That said, for the dozenth time, none of this is even remotely confirmed. It's big time speculation. And I'd say this trailer even hints at parts of it not being true. So we're still in the same boat...

Basically, Rey and Kylo may in fact be brother and sister; Han and Leia's kids, separated as children. Not purposefully separated, though. Luke may have run a Jedi Academy post-ROTJ, and there might have been an attack on it of some kind, potentially by a Sith (or group of Sith). Kylo and Rey may have been students, and Kylo was potentially taken by the Sith, while Rey somehow escaped, and ended up on the desert planet.

Now, how Gleeson fits into that potential scenario is anyone's guess. Maybe he's their cousin (and thus Luke's son), maybe not. Or maybe Rey's his sister and Kylo's their cousin? Really, it's anyone's guess, and we're pretty much right back where we started. Just presenting the current running theory, but as you can see, there are still way too many unknown factors. All we really know is that Rey/Kylo/Gleeson may be related in some way, but maybe not.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Rey really is Han and Leia's daughter. It just seems too random for her to get swept up in this whole thing, and then just happen to end up back with her parents at some point, who didn't know where she is, and also happen to be two of the most popular people in the galaxy. But who knows...
TCTTS
AG
quote:
There is a bloody hand print on Finns Stormtrooper helmet right before he takes it off. He is definitely involved in a bloody mess of something (led by Kylo Ren) and he rethinks his life.

No doubt this is how the movie opens and serves as the most basic of tools. Much like how IV opened with a start destoryer and Vader... we knew right away who the awesome bad guy was. We will see right away who Kylo Ren is (by his actions) and Finn wants no part of it.

Bingo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Looks like Luke's IMO. Interesting thing to note that I saw on another forum regarding that scene. The person on the right handing off the lightsaber is not human, and in the screen grab I saw is most definitely orange.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Oh ****.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

Looks like Luke's IMO. Interesting thing to note that I saw on another forum regarding that scene. The person on the right handing off the lightsaber is not human, and in the screen grab I saw is most definitely orange.

Person on the left is very likely Rey. Just FYI. I know who the alien is, but that's getting a little too spoilery, probably.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Ok, if you guys are saying what I think you're saying...
...then who is Luke's daughter?

I bet Luke and Leia finally managed to overcome his gayness and produced a little Princess Luke.
AMW2010
AG
I thought tht same thing about the hands on the right... The fingers just looked weird... Reminded me of the creatures in the clone wars that made the clones with the long necks..
Mr. White
Luke's(?) voiceover sounds like it has an echo, signifying a flashback.....
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm much too amped to sleep right now. So I'll tell you about another great moment. As the trailer ends, and the crowd is going nuts over Han and Chewie in the Falcon and just processing the whole thing, the guy from EW comes out and says "so who wants to watch it again?" and the whole place goes even more bonkers.

And it's a good thing too, because I had no idea what Han said the first time because the cheers were so loud
TCTTS
AG
Big blogger heavyweights currently analyzing the trailer on the livestream...

http://www.starwars.com

(that's Devin Faraci on the right, from Badass Digest, the guy I'm always linking to)
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Person on the left is very likely Rey. Just FYI. I know who the alien is, but that's getting a little too spoilery, probably.
I'd be interesting in knowing who the alien is, but yeah, that would be too spoilery for this thread. I figured that was the alternative of it being Rey.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I thought tht same thing about the hands on the right... The fingers just looked weird... Reminded me of the creatures in the clone wars that made the clones with the long necks..
Reminded me of Anakins padawan... orange body
Keegan99
AG
Don't we have a spoiler thread somewhere? Can you post it there, please?
Dro07
AG
quote:
Don't we have a spoiler thread somewhere? Can you post it there, please?
twilly
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Person on the left is very likely Rey. Just FYI. I know who the alien is, but that's getting a little too spoilery.
Whoever that is on the right is either kneeling, or is shorter than "Leia" since the hand is slanting upwards.
It's probably Warrick Davis since he's short and I have no information whatsoever to back it up.
Simplebay
AG
So is that new music for part of the trailer, maybe some of John Williams' new stuff? particularly the 1:05-1:20 where each scene steps an octave higher? The music here felt new and amazing.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Anyone think there might be some infighting going on between the remaining Imperial forces? We've seen two types of storm trooper armors, a new red Imperial flag on the ice planet, plus a shot of a TIE fighter attacking a hanger of other TIE fighters. Perhaps the Sith are one Imperial faction and Boyega is from a secular faction that's getting its butt handed to it, causing him to desert after losing a battle?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
Reminded me of Anakins padawan... orange body

I just totally believe that Ahsoka will show up in Ep VII as the bridge across the Clone Wars and Rebels. In my nerd heart I want her and Luke to meet so she can tell him about Anakin.
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 1251

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.