Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,498 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
chase128
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

Luke's old light saber? Or obi-wan?
Looks like Luke's IMO. Interesting thing to note that I saw on another forum regarding that scene. The person on the right handing off the lightsaber is not human, and in the screen grab I saw is most definitely orange.

It looks like Luke's first lightsaber which was blue.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I thought tht same thing about the hands on the right... The fingers just looked weird... Reminded me of the creatures in the clone wars that made the clones with the long necks..
Reminded me of Anakins padawan... orange body

I just totally believe that Ahsoka will show up in Ep VII as the bridge across the Clone Wars and Rebels. In my nerd heart I want her and Luke to meet so she can tell him about Anakin.
Asohka "We used to call him Sky Guy!"
Luke: "I hate you."
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I thought tht same thing about the hands on the right... The fingers just looked weird... Reminded me of the creatures in the clone wars that made the clones with the long necks..
Reminded me of Anakins padawan... orange body

I just totally believe that Ahsoka will show up in Ep VII as the bridge across the Clone Wars and Rebels. In my nerd heart I want her and Luke to meet so she can tell him about Anakin.
Bingo. That's who I am thinking it could be. Though, when you consider her position in Rebels now, they will have to explain at some point either in Rebels or in TFA where the hell she was during the OT.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
orange armed woman has facial striping like Ahsoka but a tiny little nose. Freeze at .52
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
alright did you guys listen to the part where he says. The force is strong in my family?

My father has it.
I have it.
my sister has it.

Im sorry but my saying has and not had... does this mean that Darth could still be alive?!

Interesting
"The force is strong in my family.
My Father has it.
I have it.
My sister has it.
You have that power, too."

Aren't those basically the same lines Luke used to reveal to Leia she was his twin in RoTJ?

Just double checked and, yup, it's very similar:

Luke: If I don't make it back, you're the only hope for the Alliance.
Princess Leia: Luke, don't talk that way. You have a power I don't understand and could never have.
Luke: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.
Princess Leia: I know. Somehow, I've always known.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Video from celebration with the reaction of the trailer.
Dro07
AG
quote:
orange armed woman has facial striping like Ahsoka but a tiny little nose. Freeze at .52
can't make it out... the picture is too dark for me to tell if there is face marking.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
can't make it out... the picture is too dark for me to tell if there is face marking.

The screen grab I saw on the other forum. Whoever snapped that was quick on the button. I totally dismissed it at first as Rey handing it off to Leia.
Dro07
AG
DAMN kinda looks like her
wangus12
AG
I'm totally thinking its Ahsoka now, which is awesome, cuz she is awesome.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'm totally thinking its Ahsoka now, which is awesome, cuz she is awesome.

Could be a Togruta, but too small to be Ashoka, I think.
Dro07
AG
well she is old so maybe she shriveled at her old age?
wangus12
AG
True, but there is no reason to create another character, especially one that appears so very similar, when they have a fan favorite with those sort of ties to the story. Let me dream for a time.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
True, but there is no reason to create another character, especially one that appears so very similar, when they have a fan favorite with those sort of ties to the story. Let me dream for a time.

Trust me, I'm right with you.
Ag Since 83
AG
Focus on the nose guys. It's clearly Michael Jackson. That JJ is a miracle worker
jr15aggie
AG
I don't think there is any doubt who the characters are during Luke's speech in the trailer:

1. My father has it (Vader Mask)

2. I have it (Cloaked figure with Cyborg hand... Luke)

3. My sister has it (Leia being handed lightsaber).

4. You have that power too (unknown).

I don't think there are coincidences in anything JJ showed us. He's painting us a very vague picture... Love it!
Dro07
AG
quote:
I don't think there is any doubt who the characters are during Luke's speech in the trailer:

We don't know if its Luke
Knife_Party
There's just enough vagueness in the trailer to send us COMPLETELY in the wrong direction. If it's so obvious, maybe it's only that way because they want us to think it's obvious.
wangus12
AG
2.5 hours after the release and I still feel like my heart is racing. I have done literally nothing productive since the trailer came out. and I'm still giddy as a 5 year old in the candy store
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
We don't know if its Luke
Hehe... I think it's fun to speculate too... but yeah, it's totally Luke!

PS: I'll be completely surprised if Oscar Isaac the person and Poe Dameron the character aren't massively popular after this movie. I think somebody said it best that he will be Wedge Antilles but with a crucial role.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
There's just enough vagueness in the trailer to send us COMPLETELY in the wrong direction. If it's so obvious, maybe it's only that way because they want us to think it's obvious.
So we are having one of these moments then?

Ag Since 83
AG
Wedge was crucial. survived two Death Star runs, including destroying the 2nd one with Lando

This idea it might not be Luke doing the voice over intrigues me. Would be a great misdirect, like the Redford voice over in the Captain America trailer that everyone assumed was said to Rogers, but was actually said to the winter soldier
txagman1998
AG
quote:
Luke: You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force runs strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. And... my sister has it. Yes. It's you, Leia.

My hypothesis is that they simple overlaid Luke's words from ROTJ onto this trailer, just rearranged. It would be easy to make the necessary adjustments with editing software. Or, they simply could have asked Mark Hamill to re-record those lines for use in the trailer. Either way, the scene speaks to the Force being strong in the Skywalker family. And as has already been mentioned, in the trailer, it's not clear who the line, "You have that power too" is directed towards.
vwbug
what's the best site for spoiler info/speculation?
Knife_Party
If you look closely at the scene where the stormtroopers are gathering and there is a speaker, it is occurring on an ice planet. This could possibly be the same ice planet we see Kylo Ren's lightsaber activate on in the first trailer.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
what's the best site for spoiler info/speculation?

http://makingstarwars.net
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
So we are having one of these moments then?

I just want to side step to point out how perfect this gif is regarding all the speculation.
AliasMan02
AG
Watched again. Definitely not Luke doing the voice-over.
Knife_Party
Oh another thought. The overarching theme of this trailer is that we are going to be introduced to another person who is likely of the Skywalker clan that has the ability to use the force. If you think back to the voice over in the first trailer, they mention that there has been an awakening. The name of the movie is "The Force Awakens." I think what we are in essence hearing about is that another Skywalker has come to realize they have the ability to use the force. And, this entire movie will be about that person in the beginning of their journey, just like Episode IV was about the beginning of Luke's journey.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Watched again. Definitely not Luke doing the voice-over.

It's either ROTJ-era Hamill/Luke, or it's Gleeson. It's NOT present day Hamill.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Oh another thought. The overarching theme of this trailer is that we are going to be introduced to another person who is likely of the Skywalker clan that has the ability to use the force. If you think back to the voice over in the first trailer, they mention that there has been an awakening. The name of the movie is "The Force Awakens." I think what we are in essence hearing about is that another Skywalker has come to realize they have the ability to use the force. And, this entire movie will be about that person in the beginning of their journey, just like Episode IV was about the beginning of Luke's journey.

We know from the first trailer that something is happening in the Force... the light and the dark. Powerful beings on both sides emerging? Two Skywalkers?
Knife_Party
Could be. No idea. It's fun to speculate though isn't it?
Dro07
AG
Why can't it be December already dammit!
TCTTS
AG
I don't know why, but this really made me laugh...

David Thorpe @Arr
BREAKING: JJ Abrams brought in George Lucas to write dialogue for Luke's new sidekick, an adorable "force goblin" named Rudy Beepo
wangus12
AG
I would do a lot of terrible things if I could have the movie come out tomorrow
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.