Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,297 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could be, just doesn't make too much sense since he was burning the armor himself.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Any theories on who could've obtained Vader's burned helmet, and why?
yes someone is collecting dark artifacts.

Are we talking theories here? I think that instead of Leia and Han having kids, Luke found a girl and had kids. The person talking is Lukes son (thus sounding like luke)... that could clear up the My father has it, I have it, My sister has it.

Not really close. It's pretty straightforward, but in a more roundabout way.
Dro07
AG
worth a shot
AMW2010
AG
My thoughts, are that is Luke with r2 burning Vader? Cause you can see a fire to the left... And in RotJ, his hand is damaged I believe and exposes the robo hand ... So there he just doesn't have a glove on it anymore... Maybe like a flash back to link the stories together? I'm reaching but it makes sense to me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How many views do we think this gets before midnight tonight?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I knew about that, but he'd be far too young to be on Endor after Jedi to snatch the helmet.

Yeah. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Andy Serkis' character (the voice over from the first trailer) is much older - more of the "mentor" villain - and he's the one who snatches it somehow. Kylo might then be shown it. Something like that.
Dro07
AG
what if Vader was cloned?
Simplebay
AG
is this panel over? i missed it
wangus12
AG
I remembering saying she was addicted to coke while filming ESB and even had an overdose at that point
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Are those red lines reflection or painted on to the helmet? Reason I ask is because in Star Wars Rebels, the only individual that is a TIE pilot that has shown up was Baron Valen Ruhdor and he distinctly has a red stripe on his helmet. Will they be giving us an opposite number to Poe?
Knife_Party
So like, is it just me or does the way the footage is ordered make it look like Finn just watched a massacre by some stormtroopers? And maybe that is the moment he decides to defect?
Ag Since 83
AG
Ok back in my hotel finally. Sorry this is gonna be a lot of rambling. And I am typing on my iPhone so pardon any typos

-that entire panel was amazing. I never thought I'd be so emotional about being there

-seeing BB-8 roll out may have been my first "wow this is amazing tech stuff" Star Wars moment since I was a kid. To see him not CG but actually real and moving like that was mind blowing

-speaking of droids, until yesterday when I saw some during my volunteer orientation, I never would have thought R2 units were that big in real life

-love the new cast. The crowd loves Boyega and Isaac's comment about being the best freaking pilot was gold

-the trailer. Wow holy ****. Jaw dropping. So many great moments, but the two I will call out as causing the craziest reactions were the slow Star Destroyer reveal and the Han cameo

-I hope it was as fun for you guys as it was for us in the arena. Now to try and get some sleep. If I can
AliasMan02
AG
Looks like a reflection to me. Like the black/pilot version of a chrometrooper.
Mr. White
Did JJ have an orange, uh, aura or whatever, around him?
TCTTS
AG
Gonna make a bold claim. Pure speculation that MIGHT end up being legit, so don't read if you don't want this floating around in your head....

... that's NOT Hamill doing the voice over. Listen closely. It's Domhnall Gleeson doing his best Skywalker impression. And you know that means...
Ag Since 83
AG
Intriguing TC
Knife_Party
He's Luke's son.
tremble
hurleyag
AG
quote:
alright did you guys listen to the part where he says. The force is strong in my family?

My father has it.
I have it.
my sister has it.

Im sorry but my saying has and not had... does this mean that Darth could still be alive?!

I noticed that too. I was thinking more of the Anakin Ghost, ala Obi Wan in the originals.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Ok back in my hotel finally. Sorry this is gonna be a lot of rambling. And I am typing on my iPhone so pardon any typos

-that entire panel was amazing. I never thought I'd be so emotional about being there

-seeing BB-8 roll out may have been my first "wow this is amazing tech stuff" Star Wars moment since I was a kid. To see him not CG but actually real and moving like that was mind blowing

-speaking of droids, until yesterday when I saw some during my volunteer orientation, I never would have thought R2 units were that big in real life

-love the new cast. The crowd loves Boyega and Isaac's comment about being the best freaking pilot was gold

-the trailer. Wow holy ****. Jaw dropping. So many great moments, but the two I will call out as causing the craziest reactions were the slow Star Destroyer reveal and the Han cameo

-I hope it was as fun for you guys as it was for us in the arena. Now to try and get some sleep. If I can

So awesome to hear. Glad it was worth it. Thanks so much for being and honorary TexAgs correspondent!
Dro07
AG
quote:
... that's NOT Hamill doing the voice over. Listen closely. It's Domhnall Gleeson doing his best Skywalker impression. And you know that means...
no i don't so just say it
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Are those red lines reflection or painted on to the helmet? Reason I ask is because in Star Wars Rebels, the only individual that is a TIE pilot that has shown up was Baron Valen Ruhdor and he distinctly has a red stripe on his helmet. Will they be giving us an opposite number to Poe?
It looks to me like those are strips that are cut out of the helmet and covered in a transparent material, and underneath the character is wearing a red hood or something. the reason I say that is if you notice at the top of the helmet where the red lines start, there is a drop shadow, which indicates there is some depth there.
Knife_Party
Or maybe it IS from a flashback and Gleeson is playing a younger Luke who is telling Kylo Ren about having the ability to use the force and Ren is a long lost relative.

Totally spitballing here.
jr15aggie
AG
Even the spoiler people aren't sure about the family ties in the characters. It's been long thought Rey's character is a Solo, but many reasons to doubt this. There have been rumors that the Kylo Ren would be a Solo gone bad (like what happened in the book series). No worries about spoilers, because nobody appears to know for sure last I checked.

But I will say that Luke talking about the family and then saying "you have it" is a good sign there might be a Skywalker baby in the mix. It's obviously not Fin (race card played)... could it be Rey or... yelp... Kylo Ren? Brings up some interesting debates.

And dang it... who does Andy Serkis play! Sure looks like there is a Sith (voice from 1st trailer) that we haven't even been introduced to yet. Well played Abrams... well played!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Or maybe it IS from a flashback and Gleeson is playing a younger Luke who is telling Kylo Ren about having the ability to use the force and Ren is a long lost relative.

Totally spitballing here.

Gleeson ISN'T playing a younger Luke. 100%. His character is rumored to be a general of some sorts playing both sides. Like a double agent or something... who MIGHT end up being Luke's son. That said, none of that is even remotely confirmed. There's a lot of speculation with that character.
twilly
AG
Ok, if you guys are saying what I think you're saying...
...then who is Luke's daughter?
TCTTS
AG
High-quality, downloadable 1080p version is finally up...

http://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/lucasfilm/starwarstheforceawakens/swtfa-358fz9G-tlr1_1080p.mov
hurleyag
AG
quote:
quote:
Any theories on who could've obtained Vader's burned helmet, and why?

Do you really want to know?

*** potentially very minor spoilers ***

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) apparently collects Sith relics. He's like a Sith uber-fanboy. It's more complicated than that, but I don't want to spoil anymore.
Please don't. I have been avoiding the spoiler thread successfully so far and don't want to give in this close to the movie!
Ag Since 83
AG
Oh, and I was begging for somebody to make the short storm trooper joke
Dro07
AG
its obvious
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either... tell us what you are thinking. Not a spoiler cause it's just your guess.

I can't imagine Gleeson having a huge role in the film because he hasn't even been introduced yet... not even a set photo. Then again, JJ does his darnedest to keep stuff a secret... maybe he's intentionally hiding one of the most crucial characters from us for a very good reason.
sayas2005
AG
I'm just going to say it: I don't/didn't want to like this movie. I wanted to not see it out of some blinding principle.

I wore out my VHS copies of Star Wars growing up. I played X-Wing and TIE Fighter on my 386 PC and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I read all the books.

Then, throughout most of high school two things happened: I began to really get into Star Trek more, and then, a couple of years later, the prequels.

JJ Abrams remade the Star Treks by tossing everything that was Star Trek out the window. He made decent summer blockbuster tent pole movies, (that I even somewhat enjoyed), but they weren't Star Trek.

But he moved over to Star Wars. This was sacred to me. I haven't been into Star Wars for 15 years. (Other than watching the originals, completely unedited, unmolested and unaltered a couple of times.) I haven't watched the prequels other than once, each, in the theater and have never seen the George Lucas *******izations of the originals. But you never forget your first.

Then, I click on this thread and see the Star Destroyer wrecked in the desert.

Damn you JJ Abrams. I am going to watch this movie.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either... tell us what you are thinking. Not a spoiler cause it's just your guess.

I can't imagine Gleeson having a huge role in the film because he hasn't even been introduced yet... not even a set photo. Then again, JJ does his darnedest to keep stuff a secret... maybe he's intentionally hiding one of the most crucial characters from us for a very good reason.

I already said it. Gleeson might be Luke's son. Just a guess, though. But that does raise the question... if it's Gleeson doing the voice over, who's his sister? Everything I've heard so far, there's no indication that Luke has a daughter (or even a son).
LHIOB
jabberwalkie09
AG
Interesting speculation there. I've never heard him speak before, but I am glad you thought of it. However, now that you have mentioned it I had initially shrugged it off as Luke mentioning Vader/Anakin, but when you realize the implied character after "My father has it" is said that kind of forces you to look at the dialogue differently there with that bit of speculation.
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.