Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,185 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nerds.

nerds.

all of you.
FriendlyAg
quote:
alright did you guys listen to the part where he says. The force is strong in my family?

My father has it.
I have it.
my sister has it.

Im sorry but my saying has and not had... does this mean that Darth could still be alive?!

Interesting
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
alright did you guys listen to the part where he says. The force is strong in my family?

My father has it.
I have it.
my sister has it.

Im sorry but my saying has and not had... does this mean that Darth could still be alive?!

Interesting
meh. the living force, or whatnot.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

MASAXET
AG
Ok, I've been excited about this movie. Have generally followed along with news, but nowhere near as much as you all seem to be. I was also stoked seeing the last trailer, but more so out of anticipation for anything star wars after so long, I think. I haven't been so much anticipating this one but was interested to see it nonetheless.

But, after seeing that trailer . . .

HOLY **** I'M FREAKING OUT!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!
TCTTS
AG
This may sound weird, but what I love about that voice over is that it sounds like LUKE and not real life Hamill, if that makes sense. There's a subtle difference, and it's just so awesome to hear.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
amercer
AG
quote:

Coolest part.

You know, until they ACTUALLY FLY INTO IT
Ag Since 83
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that opening shot is one of the coolest openings to a trailer I've ever seen. Seeing that on a giant IMAX screen is going to be insane.
Kooch 3:16
AG
OMG.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
This may sound weird, but what I love about that voice over is that it sounds like LUKE and not real life Hamill, if that makes sense. There's a subtle difference, and it's just so awesome to hear.
Not only that, but an aged Luke. I love how it directly gives you that nostalgia factor. So much awesome in that trailer.

As a side note, I have been trying to get onto forums over at theforce.net.... The site must be hitting absurdly peak numbers right now b/c I haven't actually been able to get on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

wangus12
AG
quote:
Agreed. All I could here and see in my mind is this guy:

jr15aggie
AG
So what are the facts/details people are seeing?

1. Luke says "Father has it"... present tense. Play on words or flashback scene.

2. That has to be Luke and his robot hand touching R2 right? It would appear all isn't right with him if he no longer has skin covering the prosthetic.

3. Kylo Ren is working with the storm troupers. So is the Sith still in charge of the Empires remnants?

4. Han says, "We're home" in the Falcon... so I guess he lost it at some point and gets it back.
wangus12
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
Chrome Troopers, they exist apparently and are canon.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Luke says "Father has it"... present tense. Play on words or flashback scene.

I'm thinking it doesn't really mean anything. More like talking about his Life Force
TCTTS
AG
Cannot wait for the Making Star Wars / TheForce.net / SlashFilm deep dives analyzing every single frame. I know the backstory in a lot of the shots, but there are a few that came out of nowhere.
AMW2010
AG
This was the only thing that bugged me tho...

Oh and the way Carrie was talking and breathing weird... Anyone else notice?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
So what are the facts/details people are seeing?

1. Luke says "Father has it"... present tense. Play on words or flashback scene.

2. That has to be Luke and his robot hand touching R2 right? It would appear all isn't right with him if he no longer has skin covering the prosthetic.

3. Kylo Ren is working with the storm troupers. So is the Sith still in charge of the Empires remnants?

4. Han says, "We're home" in the Falcon... so I guess he lost it at some point and gets it back.

Spot on. Except there IS a flashback scene, but I'm pretty sure it's not Luke telling the flashback.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
This was the only thing that bugged me tho...

Oh and the way Carrie was talking and breathing weird... Anyone else notice?
"You're a little short for a Stormtrooper."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What, the different heights?

And yeah, I did notice Carrie's breathing.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Yep.
tremble
AG
Holy ****
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Carrie FIsher chain smoked and did drugs for about 35 years. It's a wonder she can breathe and talk at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any theories on who could've obtained Vader's burned helmet, and why?
TCTTS
AG
One of my favorite shots, if only because it looks so retro in the best way possible. Abrams NAILED the look of this thing...

AMW2010
AG
Ya, they were all in order by height, that was the short side and the one if the right was the shortest of them all... I'd say almost 4-5 inches shorter than the tallest one

And ya when she would breath she would like audibly suck in air... It was weird
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Villain of the film is rumored to have a Sith obsession.
Dro07
AG
quote:
yes someone is collecting dark artifacts.

Are we talking theories here? I think that instead of Leia and Han having kids, Luke found a girl and had kids. The person talking is Lukes son (thus sounding like luke)... that could clear up the My father has it, I have it, My sister has it.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Do you really want to know?

*** potentially very minor spoilers ***

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) apparently collects Sith relics. He's like a Sith uber-fanboy. It's more complicated than that, but I don't want to spoil anymore.
AMW2010
AG
Luke? He was the one who burned him last... That would be the logical answer...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I knew about that, but he'd be far too young to be on Endor after Jedi to snatch the helmet.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Empire had to sell all its merchandise after the second Death Star blew up because it was still in debt from the first Death Star. Sorta like when OJ sold his Heisman.

My favorite shot so far is the Empire base on the ice planet with all the leadership up on the platform and all the stormies and TIEs and gun platforms behind.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.