Star Wars Discussion Thread

4,231,749 Views | 36546 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MGS said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Our scrummaster just made a "we have the high ground" reference on our sprint planning meeting.
Always two there are, no more no less, a scrum master and a scrum apprentice.




So what's more evil, the Dark Side or Scrum?
I'd say the Dark Side, but pretty sure all my developers would say Scrum.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Confession: have seen the OT dozens of times. Maybe over a hundred as a collective?

I had no idea what the hell the dice thing was in Solo nor the significance. Still have no idea where that even showed up in the OT.
The dice were placed in the cockpit set for the Falcon in the original movie as a joke. The set designers were constantly playing pranks by placing mundane objects all around the set. Many of the joke objects were found and removed before they made it on screen. The dice made it through.

YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly said:

YouBet said:

Confession: have seen the OT dozens of times. Maybe over a hundred as a collective?

I had no idea what the hell the dice thing was in Solo nor the significance. Still have no idea where that even showed up in the OT.
The dice were placed in the cockpit set for the Falcon in the original movie as a joke. The set designers were constantly playing pranks by placing mundane objects all around the set. Many of the joke objects were found and removed before they made it on screen. The dice made it through.


Never noticed that.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mentions the "Deathstar," so this technically qualifies as Star Wars content...

Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently at a big 100+ team Star Wars Trivia night. Currently in 4th place out of 106.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn 3rd round made me think. Now in 6th. My wife's moral support isn't helping against the teams that actually have multiple people

wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There some mofos googling answers in this *****. Plus I hit the wrong button on 2 question and there's no takebacksies. Now in 11th out of 110
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

There some mofos googling answers in this *****. Plus I hit the wrong button on 2 question and there's no takebacksies. Now in 11th out of 110


That's the worst.
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting....

Claude!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

There some mofos googling answers in this *****. Plus I hit the wrong button on 2 question and there's no takebacksies. Now in 11th out of 110


You should've trusted in the Force and switched off your targeting computer.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took your advice. Got the last 15 questions in a row and finish 8th out of 112
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Great, kid! Don't get cocky.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Currently at a big 100+ team Star Wars Trivia night. Currently in 4th place out of 106.
Spilner and I once beat a team of Lucas, Favreau and Dave Filoni head to head on Star Wars Trivia night.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

wangus12 said:

Currently at a big 100+ team Star Wars Trivia night. Currently in 4th place out of 106.
Spilner and I once beat a team of Lucas, Favreau and Dave Filoni head to head on Star Wars Trivia night.
Well, duh. If Lucas knew anything about Star Wars the prequels wouldn't have continuity problems.
Dad Jokes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

There some mofos googling answers in this *****. Plus I hit the wrong button on 2 question and there's no takebacksies. Now in 11th out of 110
Those people are the scum of the Earth.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG












Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

especially considering how much of his backstory they crammed into a single movie
If that was a problem in Solo, then I imagine you loathed cramming all of Indiana Jones' back story into the opening 20 minutes of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I legitimately thought Vader was looking at his cell phone in the snowtrooper picture
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had a chance to start the Bad Batch, but Disney+ released three other things for May 4.

1) A three-minute short crossover of The Simpsons and Star Wars with Maggie and BB8 that has about 6 million sight gags in it.

2) Star Wars Flythroughs - Takes you inside the Falcon and a First Order Star Destroyer .

3) Star Wars Biomes - my favorite; it's a lot like Soarin' at Epcot/California adventures and takes you over the vistas of several familiar and unfamiliar planets. There are all sorts of Easter Eggs obvious and not, I need to watch it on the TV, my phone didn't do it justice.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
Think it's a lightsaber in a box
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bluefire579 said:

YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
Think it's a lightsaber in a box
I bet it holds the head of a youngling.
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
It's the same lightsaber Vader is holding, just in a box. I'm not sure whose lightsaber it is. Parts of it look like Anakin's original saber, but I can't really think of what the context is for the image. Luke had that lightsaber when Vader attacked the Rebel base on Hoth.
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Five said:

YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
It's the same lightsaber Vader is holding, just in a box. I'm not sure whose lightsaber it is. Parts of it look like Anakin's original saber, but I can't really think of what the context is for the image. Luke had that lightsaber when Vader attacked the Rebel base on Hoth.
Why is it in a box? That's weird.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

wangus12 said:

Currently at a big 100+ team Star Wars Trivia night. Currently in 4th place out of 106.
Spilner and I once beat a team of Lucas, Favreau and Dave Filoni head to head on Star Wars Trivia night.
Well, duh. If Lucas knew anything about Star Wars the prequels wouldn't have continuity problems.


Lucas wins automatically. Whatever **** he makes up at the time of the trivia is Canon.
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Five said:

YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
It's the same lightsaber Vader is holding, just in a box. I'm not sure whose lightsaber it is. Parts of it look like Anakin's original saber, but I can't really think of what the context is for the image. Luke had that lightsaber when Vader attacked the Rebel base on Hoth.
It's Ahsoka Tano's from the end of the Clone Wars series. She survives order 66 because Vader thinks she's dead, she left the lightsaber at the site of the crashed Republic cruiser. The box was where Anakin kept her light sabers because he was hoping she would come back to the order. So the picture is a reflection of Anakin's hope vs Vader's belief that she's dead.
Maveric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Five said:

YouBet said:

What is Anakin holding in that mirror image? Looks like file folders. Files on all Jedis he's going to murder?
It's the same lightsaber Vader is holding, just in a box. I'm not sure whose lightsaber it is. Parts of it look like Anakin's original saber, but I can't really think of what the context is for the image. Luke had that lightsaber when Vader attacked the Rebel base on Hoth.
In the new episodes of Clone Wars, Anakin gives Ahsoka a set of lightsabers in a wooden box. Those are the ones that he finds on the ice planet where she buried them when he is Vader at the end of the series.
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah thanks. I haven't made it through the end of clone wars yet, need to go back and finish it.
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Five said:

Ah thanks. I haven't made it through the end of clone wars yet, need to go back and finish it.
The show builds momentum so that by the end it's extremely good. Watching it in chronological order helps too.
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hunter2012 said:

Red Five said:

Ah thanks. I haven't made it through the end of clone wars yet, need to go back and finish it.
The show builds momentum so that by the end it's extremely good. Watching it in chronological order helps too.
Those last 4 episodes would be the best Star Wars movie if they were combined in to 1...outstanding
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

hunter2012 said:

Red Five said:

Ah thanks. I haven't made it through the end of clone wars yet, need to go back and finish it.
The show builds momentum so that by the end it's extremely good. Watching it in chronological order helps too.
Those last 4 episodes would be the best Star Wars movie if they were combined in to 1...outstanding
Seriously outstanding storytelling and action.

I enjoyed Clone Wars but never had quite the love for it than others did, but the end of s7 is exceptional.
First Page Last Page
Page 1031 of 1045
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.