Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,837 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
6th grade.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I took it as sarcasm. Hopefully.

I really enjoy the AOTC as well though. Across the Stars is a great track.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I like Across the Stars and some of the other tracks, just don't like all the re-use of TPM music in the Geonosis scenes.
Jacques
quote:
Phantom Menace is the best soundtrack of the PT by far, and maybe even better than ROTJ. AOTC is the soundtrack that sucks.

My favorite piece from all the movies is the music playing in ROTJ when Vader is trying to draw Luke out by saying he will go after his sister and the light saber battle that follows.
The Collective
AG
My friends and I skipped school to go hang out and then watch TPM. One of my buddies and I were big Star Wars fans and had talked a few other people into it being a big deal. I never lived down hyping that $*** storm.
Knife_Party
Guys. Guys. Less than 24 hrs for the trailer. I feel like a child the day before christmas. I hope i can sleep tonight.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I never lived down hyping that $*** storm.

I still get sh*t to this day for doing the exact same thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Guys. Guys. Less than 24 hrs for the trailer. I feel like a child the day before christmas. I hope i can sleep tonight.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
My friends and I skipped school to go hang out and then watch TPM. One of my buddies and I were big Star Wars fans and had talked a few other people into it being a big deal. I never lived down hyping that $*** storm.

I'll never forget my buddies and I getting into our trucks after school and racing over to the movie theater to pre-buy movie tickets to TPM the week before it came out(which was a big deal in itself since if you could buy tickets early before that movie, we had never heard of it).

Then the excitement leading up to it and seeing the crawl...to the final credits and everyone looking at each other saying, "That was it?" After watching it again, it's not THAT BAD, but even if it was the best movie ever made, it still wouldn't have lived up to the insane hype leading up to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Hologram/Binary Sunset track just came up. Can we at least agree that is probably the best track in the entire Star Wars saga?
The Collective
AG
Yep. We pre-bought as well but it was morning of the movie, and then hung around Grapevine Mills doing hoodrat stuff. They were showing the move on a ridiculous # of screens, if I remember correctly. It was a fun event up until I started getting mocked about what "weesa gon do next".
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Hologram/Binary Sunset track just came up. Can we at least agree that is probably the best track in the entire Star Wars saga?

Chills, bro. Every time.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
I still get sh*t to this day for doing the exact same thing

Yup. Me too.

My wife and I had just got engaged. She knew nothing about star wars. Had never even seen any of the movies. So haul her to TPM literally giddy to what was 16 years in the making. When it was over she looks at me with this "you're a f***ing imbecile" face and says "really, that's star wars huh?"

TCTTS
AG
Reading all this soundtrack talk got me thinking... you guys think The Force Awakens will have that signature "Dual of the Fates"/"Across the Stars" track that releases with a custom music video and what not? Or just more of a standard score with no official stand-out?
redline248
AG
quote:
Reading all this soundtrack talk got me thinking... you guys think The Force Awakens will have that signature "Dual of the Fates"/"Across the Stars" track that releases with a custom music video and what not? Or just more of a standard score with no official stand-out?

When I think Star Wars music, I don't think of either of those as signature pieces. Not saying they are bad, but original score is the signature music.

Disney will probably have a new piece they market the shtt out of.

Edit: I just read your post again and realized I misunderstood what you asked. So nm on my first comment.
Keegan99
AG
DotF is signature in my mind. AtS considerably less so.
redline248
AG
I think it's signature to Ep I, not the entire saga...which I guess isn't what tctts was asking. No big deal.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Disney will probably have a new piece they market the shtt out of.

Is One Direction still whole enough to record a pop version for mass marketing?
Ag Since 83
AG
At the convention center. Got my volunteer assignments and my autograph tickets
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
quote:
DotF is signature in my mind. AtS considerably less so.

Sorry, I meant "signature" in an actual, official capacity. Each of the prequels had an official track that released with an actual, official music video...

The Phantom Menace = "Duel of the Fates"

Attack of the Clones = "Across the Stars"

Revenge of the Sith = "Battle of the Heroes"

Just wondering if there'll be one for The Force Awakens as well, though I'm guessing there probably won't be. Seems like that'll be something left in the past.

Regardless, those first two really bring back memories. I remember DotF premiering on Total Request Live, and that being such a big deal.
Saxsoon
AG
For me, Duel of the Fates is probably one of the defining pieces of music of my childhood
AliasMan02
AG
Rolling the despecialized ESB right now. So exciting.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I believe the Imperial March is the best piece of Star Wars music. How many times have you heard that played during a football game since 1980?
Ag Since 83
AG
In the campout hall in one of the Celebration Stage lines. 15 hours to go!
Gig-Em2003
AG
My favorite version of the Force Theme - first 45 seconds:

AliasMan02
AG
So far watching the despecialized Empire, there have already been a couple of things that made me a little angry.

1. Vader and the Emperor both talk about adding Luke as an ally, turning him to the Dark Side. Even if they were planning to use Luke to betray each other (which all evidence suggests they were), it's clear that there is no such thing as the Rule of Two.

2. Yoda giving his famous speech to Luke about the Force. "Life creates it. Makes it grow..." It's so great, but it's all basically ruined by the midichlorian nonsense.

But, the whole sequence on Hoth is maybe the best thing in all six movies. The stop-motion really looks great, even after all this time. The back and forth between Han and Leia, the speeder battle with the AT-ATs... all really great.

So excited for the new trailer.
Knife_Party
As far as number 1, it's possible that once Sidious took over the galaxy, fulfilling the lifelong dream of all Sith ever, he started playing a little fast and loose with the "rules." Spot on for number 2 though. Hopefully we'll get to see a true to form Star Wars movie in 8 months.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pics!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
My favorite version of the Force Theme - first 45 seconds:

Dude. Come on.

TCTTS
AG
quote:
In the campout hall in one of the Celebration Stage lines. 15 hours to go!

Gotta say, it's pretty cool to have someone from the board who's actually there.
Ag Since 83
AG

Sorry if it's a bit blurry. A lot of toy light sabers here, including some of the new ones with the hilt
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From one of the Celebration booklets:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Hopefully this one is better

First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.