Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,845 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
they just delivered pizza that rumor is JJ paid for
redline248
AG
Bunch of nerds in there
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Bunch of nerds in there
I am am really jealous.
TCTTS
AG
Please tell me you're getting some of this, Ag Since 83...

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Bunch of nerds in there
I am am really jealous.

I'm a little jealous
Ag Since 83
AG
Not yet TC, but when the last round came through they said they were 150 more coming
TCTTS
AG
Holy crap.
Ag Since 83
AG
Just got my slice. This poor lady is overwhelmed and promising those who haven't gotten any yet that a lot more is coming. We did applaud her though
fig96
AG
Even if JJ Abrams made crappy movies, I'd want to have a beer with him.

The fact that he's a pretty damn good director too makes it even better.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like we have a TA correspondent there, this is awesome.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I feel like we have a TA correspondent there, this is awesome.

Ha, this. Love it.
Ag Since 83
AG
If I am still awake when the inevitable lightsaber tournament breaks out I will keep you posted. Quite a few potential George Michael Bluths in here
Keegan99
AG
quote:
If I am still awake when the inevitable lightsaber tournament breaks out I will keep you posted. Quite a few potential George Michael Bluths in here

double aught
AG
Thanks for the updates ag
double aught
AG
quote:

But, the whole sequence on Hoth is maybe the best thing in all six movies. The stop-motion really looks great, even after all this time. The back and forth between Han and Leia, the speeder battle with the AT-ATs... all really great.
I always liked when the guy is like "Your TaunTaun will freeze before you reach the first marker!"

Han replies with "Then I'll see you in hell!"

It's like, damn Han, that was outta nowhere, and pretty harsh. The guy was just looking out for you.

I bet that guy totally went off in a corner and cried.
double aught
AG
quote:
Hopefully this one is better

"Who is feeding your pet snake and/or tarantula?"
Ag Since 83
AG
TC, any rumors about who JJ's "special guests" are? Any chance of them introducing the new actors like they rolled out the avengers at Comic Con a few years back?
Ag Since 83
AG
James Arnold Taylor (voice of ObiWan in the Clone Wars) just walked by and teased us about tomorrow without really given any spoilers. Also gave out some autographs to some kids, and helped a dad prank his kid by taking a picture next to the kid sleeping
jr15aggie
AG
I can't imagine being there. I once went to Gamestop with a friend for the midnight release of Halo 3. My gosh, the nerds were out in force and I was ashamed to be in the crowd. Some had zero social skills, some smelled, some were uber nerds and had an air of superiority around them. Sure, there were plenty of what I'd call normal people too, but I still felt uncomfortable. I decided I just don't fit in and belong at such events.
jeffk
AG
Was Triumph the Insult Comic Dog there?
jr15aggie
AG
Wow, hopefully my post above doesn't sound too snobbish or insulting... Wasn't my intention. I'm laughing when I say everybody is happier if I stay home and stream it online.
Knife_Party
Just woke up. Less than 6 hours to go. Have to do something at noon so I'll be a half hour behind.
jr15aggie
AG
The stream starts at 12 Texas time? I'll be on job sites this morning... I MIGHT be back in the office by then. Would be a fun lunch break if I can make it. Maybe it will work out for me.
Ag Since 83
AG
To be clear, my George Michael comment was a joke. I'm actually impressed with how diverse the group here is, and everyone I've talked to has been really cool.

I think I managed to get 3ish hours of sleep. Just 90 minutes until wrist bands.
Ag Since 83
AG
FriendlyAg
We are vicariously living through you
Knife_Party
Does anyone have a pre-link link to where the trailer might be posted online? I know itll be live streaming but I'm certain I won't be able to watch it live.
wangus12
AG
I'm so freaking excited
Ag Since 83
AG
Got my wrist band
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Do we know how long the panel will be an approximately when they will show the trailer. I assume the trailer will be at the end, but no idea how long these things typically last.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
I can't imagine being there. I once went to Gamestop with a friend for the midnight release of Halo 3. My gosh, the nerds were out in force and I was ashamed to be in the crowd. Some had zero social skills, some smelled, some were uber nerds and had an air of superiority around them. Sure, there were plenty of what I'd call normal people too, but I still felt uncomfortable. I decided I just don't fit in and belong at such events.
I have been to the midnight releases at Gamestop and there are some interesting people, but most were pretty cool

Volunteered at Emerald City Comic-Con a few weeks back and they get about 80,000 people, which makes it the 4/5 largest con in the country. Of course there were interesting people, but most were just regular Joes and Janes much to my surprise. LOTS of families, and even quite a few Grandparents. Nerd "culture" has come a long way.
wangus12
AG
I'm finishing paperwork listening to all the music, only scheduled 2 patients so come noon, I will shut my door for the duration of the show.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.