Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,090 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

Let's be honest here, the reductive stances come from the people who hate the trilogies. I don't hate them by any stretch but they aren't great either.

You mean like, "I hate the prequel trilogy" vs. "I hate the original trilogy"? Are there people who actually hate the original trilogy?
Meant to add prequel to that. oops. And shouldn't have written trilogies.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't know if anyone noticed, but on the digitial version, the 20th Century Fox Fanfare is gone. It's just a LucasFilm intro. So we know what the new movies will have.

Not necessarily. No 20th Century Fox logo obviously, but it could very well be replaced with the Disney logo on all future films. Yes, Disney owns the old movies now, but they didn't make those movies. May have just been out of respect. I'd be shocked if Disney didn't put their logo in front of Episode VII.
That's going to be an interesting call. I think most people would be very surprised at the number of "Disney" movies they've seen that didn't have that logo. Though I think in those cases, Disney had a reason for distancing the Disney name from those movies it doesn't have here.

Yeah, it's hard to say. Disney doesn't put their logo in front of Marvel movies since they don't produce those movies (only own them). But Disney did use their logo for something like Tron Legacy (and it was pretty bad ass), since they produced that movie outright. With Lucasfilm, it's hard to say. I know Disney is more hands on with Star Wars, but I'm not sure if Lucasfilm/Bad Robot is handling the producing aspect 100% or not. As for the Bad Robot logo, it's been in front of every Abrams directed movie - and SW is physically being edited at the Bad Robot offices in Santa Monica as we speak - so I assume it'll be used again here, but who knows.
That Disney opening in Tron was on another level of awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I agree with that though, in my experience it's usually the people who hate the prequels who want to debate and convince us how terrible they are, and how bad we are for liking them.

Neither side will ever convince the other, tbh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'd be totally onboard with this:
TCTTS
AG
I'd say this all but confirms the general public will get to see the trailer...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-celebration-live-stream/

Can't wait to see the panel itself as well!
TCTTS
AG
Also, re: that earlier convo...

Devin Faraci
@devincf

That 4k STAR WARS where Han shoots first? They also redid (but didn't remove) the CG Jabba.

Devin Faraci @devincf
This week at Celebration I'll ask around to find out what plans Lucasfilm has for this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'd be totally onboard with this:

That's pretty much what I envisioned.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I agree with that though, in my experience it's usually the people who hate the prequels who want to debate and convince us how terrible they are, and how bad we are for liking them.

Neither side will ever convince the other, tbh.
Nerds gonna nerd.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp. Work productivity for Thursday and Friday will be about 0.00% for me.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'd say this all but confirms the general public will get to see the trailer...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-celebration-live-stream/

Can't wait to see the panel itself as well!
Right on! I'll definitely be streaming this and listening in the background while I work. They better have their servers ready though. I won't be surprised if my ability to stream is interrupted by countless nerds trying to do the same thing.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, the Abrams panel for The Force Awakens, which will officially kick off the celebration, and will presumably debut not only the new trailer but the first poster as well, is from 10-11 AM Pacific on Thursday.

Knife_Party
You mean I have to wait until lunch time for the trailer on Thursday?
jr15aggie
AG
Force Theme

I can't see them not using this as the opening. Subtle and somewhat short Disney / Bad Robot logos and as the music builds we see the Lucasarts logo and then fade to silence before "A long time ago..." appears. I think it works really well, especially when they re-record this specifically for the intro and they can pace it and make the music rise and fall in intensity so that it's just right.
TCTTS
AG
Hearing now that there MIGHT be additional footage shown that could be blacked out on the stream. 99% certain we'll get the trailer, but there could other footage just for attendees.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Force Theme

I can't see them not using this as the opening. Subtle and somewhat short Disney / Bad Robot logos and as the music builds we see the Lucasarts logo and then fade to silence before "A long time ago..." appears. I think it works really well, especially when they re-record this specifically for the intro and they can pace it and make the music rise and fall in intensity so that it's just right.

Would absolutely love that. The first 53 seconds of that track are ideal.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Force Theme

Would absolutely love that. The first 53 seconds of that track are ideal.

Btw, VERY reminiscent of the awesome logos/music before Abrams' Star Trek / Star Trek Into Darkness...

TCTTS
AG
[Double post.]
jabberwalkie09
AG
To be fair, music playing from the Paramount logo through the title credits has been done in every Star Trek movie IIRC so it is kind of expected.
AgMarauder04
AG
What's that from?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fan-made, just found it on google images.
AgMarauder04
AG
Still love it.
The Collective
AG
Just to set the record straight for this thread:

I saw TCTTS...[pauses] killing younglings
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Just to set the record straight for this thread:

I saw TCTTS...[pauses] killing younglings

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Official SW twitter says the live stream will show all panel footage.

TCTTS
AG
^ Ha, whoa. That's so weird. That guy had literally just tweeted at me...

jabberwalkie09
AG

Star Wars fans' heads will be exploding Thursday.
Aggie_Journalist
AG

I've kept this^ open on a tab in my cell phone's browser since the first trailer came out.

Yeah, I'm excited.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And this is why there's no Star Wars panel at Comic Con.

Star Wars will own the internet on Thursday.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm working from home on Thursday.

Well, without the working part.
Mr. White
So noon Thursday, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently listening to the Phantom Menace soundtrack at work. Plan on listening to Star Wars music until tomorrow's live stream.
The Collective
AG
That soundtrack sucks. Lucas micromanaged the brass section of the orchestra.
Knife_Party
I **** you not, I listened to that on the bus ride to school every day when I was in 8th grade months before I ever saw the movie. I was super popular in middle school.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Phantom Menace is the best soundtrack of the PT by far, and maybe even better than ROTJ. AOTC is the soundtrack that sucks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I **** you not, I listened to that on the bus ride to school every day when I was in 8th grade months before I ever saw the movie. I was super popular in middle school.
It saddens me that you were in 8th grade in 1999.
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.