Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,026 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Yousa don't know the power of the Dark Side, okieday?"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Back to regular Star Wars talk:

Has anyone else read the the Thrawn origin novel and alliances?

I'm finishing alliances now, and would love for these books to be made into any type of series, whether live action or animated or movie.

Such fun reads
I really liked the Origin one. I didn't like alliances as much, but the third one was solid. I'm almost done with Ascension now, took me a while to get into because it's 100% Chiss, but it's starting to have a lot of intrigue.
Duncan Idaho
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Back to regular Star Wars talk:

Has anyone else read the the Thrawn origin novel and alliances?

I'm finishing alliances now, and would love for these books to be made into any type of series, whether live action or animated or movie.

Such fun reads
I really liked the Origin one. I didn't like alliances as much, but the third one was solid. I'm almost done with Ascension now, took me a while to get into because it's 100% Chiss, but it's starting to have a lot of intrigue.
alliances had too much padme and anikin in alliances for me to get into it. i ended up putting it down a few chapters in.
Saxsoon
AG
Hava youssa evah heard the tragedy of Daath Plageuis the Wisa, Little Ani
israeliag
AG
"The dark side of the force issa pathway to muoy muoy abilities some consider to be notta natural."
PatAg
AG
I prefer to think that that he speaks completely normally when he is being a sith, and JarJar is a front.
jeffk
AG
With a British accent, of course.
israeliag
AG
PatAg said:

I prefer to think that that he speaks completely normally when he is being a sith, and JarJar is an affront.

Fify
bluefire579
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Starting a 365-days of the year inspirational quote book and words to live by project today. The question is, how many Star Wars quotes can I work in there without the client starting to think WTF is this guy doing.
Decay
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Starting a 365-days of the year inspirational quote book and words to live by project today. The question is, how many Star Wars quotes can I work in there without the client starting to think WTF is this guy doing.
I'd stick to no more than 90% Star Wars quotes.

"Spinning. That's a good trick."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
January 1 - "Droid, please."
MGS
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Are you afraid the client will alter the deal?
Decay
AG
Perhaps he finds their lack of faith disturbing.
Saxsoon
AG
On a given Friday put "This is when the Fun begins."
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Ulrich
I think you should use quotes from Sith Lords, but cut them off early. For example:

You have controlled your fear. Now release your anger.

If you wish to become a complete and wise leader, you must embrace a larger view.

You do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power.
Saxsoon
AG
For Valentine's Day

Ooh, mooey mooey, I love you!
cbr
AG
Saxsoon said:

For Valentine's Day

bluefire579
AG
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
redline248
AG
After a vacation:

I'm out of it for a little while and everbody gets delusions of grandeur.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jan 1: "Hello there."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
July 4: "Sand -- rough, and coarse, and irritating...and it gets everywhere."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Feb 14: "Do it."
redline248
AG
Friday the 13th: I have a bad feeling about this
Saxsoon
AG
cbr said:

Saxsoon said:

For Valentine's Day

You're welcome for the stars.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Feb 14: "Do it."

Girlfriend gave me a "yoda one for me" tshirt for Valentine's day.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This near-life-long Star Wars nut has a question related to the opening scene of the first movie.

I've been doing a Star Wars rewatch - a movie a day in story order, last night was Rogue One and today will be Star Wars.

At the end of Rogue One, the action was happening over Scarif when Princess Leia's blockade runner escapes from Darth Vader's star destroyer. The very ships that we will see above Tatooine at the beginning of Star Wars. Where is Tatooine in relation to Scarif? Presumably that is a trip requiring a hyperspace jump, although we never see either ship jump into hyperspace or emerge from it. Yet in The Last Jedi, I seem to recall Leia and company being surprised when they were tracked while in hyperspace.

So if this was a new capability by the time of the ST, how exactly did Vader track his daughter's fleeing blockade runner?
ski-man
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

This near-life-long Star Wars nut has a question related to the opening scene of the first movie.

I've been doing a Star Wars rewatch - a movie a day in story order, last night was Rogue One and today will be Star Wars.

At the end of Rogue One, the action was happening over Scarif when Princess Leia's blockade runner escapes from Darth Vader's star destroyer. The very ships that we will see above Tatooine at the beginning of Star Wars. Where is Tatooine in relation to Scarif? Presumably that is a trip requiring a hyperspace jump, although we never see either ship jump into hyperspace or emerge from it. Yet in The Last Jedi, I seem to recall Leia and company being surprised when they were tracked while in hyperspace.

So if this was a new capability by the time of the ST, how exactly did Vader track his daughter's fleeing blockade runner?
Someone must have been just laying in bed thinking last night and was not able to fall asleep.........
Let's go ski-man!
YouBet
AG
Dec. 25: "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Williams' one and only ever European concert as conductor -- Vienna 2020.

Throwing in some non-Star Wars ones as well.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1616120/the-reason-princess-leia-was-at-the-battle-of-scarif-in-rogue-one
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The band had to ask Williams to play the Imperial March.

Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

there are imperial troops on Tatooine. maybe there was a ship near there, spotted them and then told Vader.
israeliag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

First Page Last Page
Page 1015 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.