Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,040 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

Did she say something controversial like Greedo shot first?

I think this tweet is the one that has drawn the most ire of so many trying to maintain a certain type of purity to Star Wars.

YouBet
AG
Oh. Well, I guess I can see why she's already pissed off the fan base now.
redline248
AG
My favorite sorts of things are people telling other people to not tell other people what to do.
PatAg
AG
More power to her for standing up in something she believes in, but there are costs to doing so. Sometimes they are financial, it's either worth it or it isnt. Mega companies don't want to hire talent that are controversial
double aught
AG
Can I move to Mars yet? This planet is wearing me out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Man the Star Wars fanbase can be a true dumpster fire at times. The comments on that SW tweet...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
stay off Twitter and you reduce your interaction with idiots by like 93%
AliasMan02
AG
PatAg said:

More power to her for standing up in something she believes in, but there are costs to doing so. Sometimes they are financial, it's either worth it or it isnt. Mega companies don't want to hire talent that are controversial

Lucasfilm is all in on her. Twitter gave her the checkmark yesterday, too.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man the Star Wars insert any company/product/sports fanbase can be a true dumpster fire at times. The comments on that SW tweet twitter...
yell_on_6th st
AG
https://boundingintocomics.com/2021/01/22/newly-announced-star-wars-the-high-republic-host-krystina-arielle-calls-all-white-people-are-racist/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mr. White
She seems repugnant
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Krystina is a mouth-breathing idiot who seems to offer nothing of value to society.
YouBet
AG
Mr. White said:

She seems repugnant

After reading that article I don't understand how she even got hired. My goodness she is a raging racist. Wow.
redline248
AG
Did star wars say they don't support the bullying of Gina Carino?
AliasMan02
AG
The messages she's getting are unreal. Not a one of them that she's shared is postable here without "getting around filters."
Saxsoon
AG
exitone said:

israeliag said:

You know it's dangerous, these are all dumb, you don't reference your "source", yet you still went with it.

Yep, I did. I would rather read this type of stuff than see another meme or see someone complaining about how Kylo sucks for the 50th time. Because if you ask me, while this may not be true, it brings up two points.

1) I completely believe the High Republic team had no idea that Luke was going to throw down in the Mandalorian. And I could see how they would feel some of their thunder was taken away since this basically all happened at the same time. The High Republic was a massive effort across books, comics, etc that was launching a completely new timeline to Star Wars. And it got a 'luke warm' reception (pun intended).

2) Galaxies Edge is cool, but its giving us the character and stories that people only have half an interest in. The concept is great in that it starts from a point in time and evolves from there. But in reality, people want to see Luke, Han, original Storm Troopers, Vader, etc. And that translates into more attendance and more money. I guarantee you there have been at least discussions at Lucasfilm about how they might be able to include some of the 'older' non-timeline characters.

Here is the source.

https://www.piratesandprincesses.net/category/disney-rumors/

**** tier source
TXAG 05
AG
redline248 said:

We do not stand for racism and bullying, but we support this racist bully. Amazing.
gougler08
AG
AliasMan02 said:

The messages she's getting are unreal. Not a one of them that she's shared is postable here without "getting around filters."

I'm sure the messages she gets are foul, but so is what she has tweeted over the past year when you read that article so I don't feel all that bad for her
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Man the Star Wars fanbase can be a true dumpster fire at times. The comments on that SW tweet...

You mean the people crying about Rose being shut out of Rise of Skywalker? Agreed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean the endless amount of *****ing.

People call out Lucasfilm for not firing Gina Carano.

People call out Lucasfilm for not standing up for Gina Carano.

People call out Lucasfilm for Rose being terrible.

People call out Lucasfilm for not standing up for Kelly Marie Tran.

It's a never-ending cycle. It's exhausting.
TXAG 05
AG
Unfortunately that is the world we live in. People get bent out of shape over every little thing and a lot are pretty hypocritical like this Arielle person.

SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Back to regular Star Wars talk:

Has anyone else read the the Thrawn origin novel and alliances?

I'm finishing alliances now, and would love for these books to be made into any type of series, whether live action or animated or movie.

Such fun reads
ChipFTAC01
AG
When are they set?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Between ROTS and EpVI ish
mazag08
AG
TXAG 05 said:

redline248 said:

We do not stand for racism and bullying, but we support this racist bully. Amazing.

Yup
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean the endless amount of *****ing.

People call out Lucasfilm for not firing Gina Carano.

People call out Lucasfilm for not standing up for Gina Carano.

People call out Lucasfilm for Rose being terrible.

People call out Lucasfilm for not standing up for Kelly Marie Tran.

It's a never-ending cycle. It's exhausting.
Most of us wouldn't know about it if certain people stopped sharing it on this thread.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Roughly concurrently with Rebels?
AliasMan02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah it even dips in and out of Rebels a little bit, I think. Like... there was a time that Thrawn was called away from Lothal and that's in one of the books.
AliasMan02
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

Back to regular Star Wars talk:

Has anyone else read the the Thrawn origin novel and alliances?

I'm finishing alliances now, and would love for these books to be made into any type of series, whether live action or animated or movie.

Such fun reads
I do wonder if they'll ever adapt any of the other media to series or movies. You'd have to think that if one REALLY blew up, they would consider it.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AliasMan02 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah it even dips in and out of Rebels a little bit, I think. Like... there was a time that Thrawn was called away from Lothal and that's in one of the books.

reading the book alliances and it talks about thrawns defeat at atollon. I had to go back and watch rebels to remember it.

It dips a bit into clone wars too
AliasMan02
AG
Wow

AAggie
wangus12
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CKg-No7BsZr
fig96
AG
TCTTS
AG
That would legit scare the crap out of me. Imagine hearing his dialect/speech pattern in some kind of deep, gravely, animalistic tone. Would be so creepy and tragic. Jar Jar becomes such a sad, desperate figure that he essentially turns into the Gollum of the Star Wars universe, tempted by the dark side. He becomes a literal monster and terrorizes some remote corner of the galaxy. Except in the end, he's redeemed in some way just before he dies...
First Page Last Page
Page 1014 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.