* * * Boardwalk Empire Season 2 Thread * * *

34,109 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Heisenberg
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The scene with Richard about to blow his brains out was way worse than the scalping scene for me. Probably because I've seen Inglorious Basterds about 5 times since it's been on cable.
Spaceship
AG
I feel bad for Richard. His war experience and disfigurement have led to a life of isolation back home. It would be hard to be upbeat in his position. I hope he "wins" in the long run.
MSFC Aggie
AG
I think Richard's story will end in tragedy. He seems like that kind of classic character...kind of like Quasimodo.
Spaceship
AG
MSFC - I could see that as well, but in a heroic gesture...like sacrificing himself to save the life of a child or something.
Crown
AG
quote:
I guess I'm just too desensitized. None of those scenes bothered me.

^This

Falcon punches need to be dealt out to people that post things like "ZOMG Drive was so violent, I had to walk out of the theater" or some of the posts I've seen on this thread.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
like sacrificing himself to save the life of a child or something.

...or Jimmy. I think there was foreshadowing of this in the last episode "Will you fight for me?...to the last bullets"

[This message has been edited by MSFC Aggie (edited 10/26/2011 1:01p).]
double aught
AG
Good episode, but what a bait and switch it was from the preview. That made it appear that Richards was in some big fight to the death in the woods. I guess he was, in a sense.
zap
AG
For me, the scenes were surprising because everthing happened so quick. I knew Jimmy would seek violent retribution (these guys are physcopathic criminals), but thought he would just beat the dude up or something. I wonder if he will bring the scalp to the next board meeting?

Love how Eli tells his boy, "Your old pop can fix anything." Ummm, not this time, Eli.
The D
AG
I'm still suprised they didn't get into the van aldin(sp) stuff with his agents being messed up.

I guess that will come next week, but seemed like a big storyline to ignore
Spaceship
AG
ttt for tonight. This should be a good one.
Spaceship
AG
The scene in the woods was awesome. I'm excited to see how that storyline progresses.
Stive
AG
quote:
The scene in the woods was awesome. I'm excited to see how that storyline progresses.

Agree. I think you just saw how Lansky and Luciano came to power.

Too much Lucy screaming in this episode. Geez...

double aught
AG
Agreed. Whenever it cut back to her I kept thinking "I don't care about you or your baby!"
Btron
AG
Filler episode. But even on the down weeks this is still on awesome show.
Muy
AG
That chick's nasty, should have stepped off a stairwell already.
Stive
AG
Van Alden has him one PISSED off wife. I didn't see that one coming at all (her being there).

And boy did I overrate the Jewish butcher's position in the whole thing. I figured him for a big boss...but when I saw him out in the woods with Jimmy, I quickly realized he's not on the same grounds as the big boys yet.

The D
AG
When I saw his wife there I thought he was just dreaming it at first for some reason
double aught
AG
As soon as I saw the lemons in the bowl, I knew he had a scorned wife on his hands.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
Too much Lucy screaming in this episode. Geez...

hoping that character has run it's course. she drives me up the wall. like a 4 year old in a woman's body. her voice drives me nuts.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
quote:
As soon as I saw the lemons in the bowl, I knew he had a scorned wife on his hands.

same here.

1. desperate phone call home to his wife when he thought he was busted. sounded like a spoken suicide letter.
2. realizes he's good to go after his confession is interrupted by burn guy's childhood flashbacks.
3. new confidence with the bag full of lemons and baby. goes to get a doc.
4. clean kitchen with lemons in bowl = fooked.
PatAg
AG
That storyline so completely disinterested me I had to fast forward through it. Thanks for filling me in. I like his character when he is doing is lawman thing, but I don't care at all about his family or his religion.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
?

That's a pretty big story line.
zgood10
AG
Van Alden's descent into sin is a pretty big part of the show. Demonstrates what effect Atlantic City has on people.

Looks like Capone is back next week. Awesome.
Tree Hugger
AG
The way Lucy was smiling at the baby leads me to believe that she isn't going to give it up. I think the reason they kept going back to her in the labor scenes was to build up her "connection" with the child.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Mrs. VA move in to take care of Lucy and the baby, thus alienating VA from both the women in his life.
LHIOB
AG
Van Alden is about to go completely off his rocker. His wife will side with the ***** and the baby leaving him nothing.

He is going to go down in a blaze of glory and take everyone with him.
Btron
AG
Isn't this Lucy's last season since the actress has been involved with a lot of crazy actress publicity? She gets naked and beats up other women at bars...
"Wats wurong daaaddddyyy"
Catch
AG
quote:
Isn't this Lucy's last season since the actress has been involved with a lot of crazy actress publicity? She gets naked and beats up other women at bars...
"Wats wurong daaaddddyyy"

I just GISed her. I did not realize how ugly she actually is. Jeez.
David_Puddy
AG
Yikes! You aint lyin Catch

[This message has been edited by David_Puddy (edited 11/2/2011 3:06p).]
Stive
AG
Gotta be honest...in most of her scenes last season I wasn't looking at her face.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Just exchange the merkin for a paper bag
David_Puddy
AG
Nucky & Margaret's housekeeper Katie, on the otherhand is smoking
PatAg
AG
I just meant, any scene involving van alden and her, this season, just doesn't interest me. I agree, he is definitely building up to something crazy.
HtownAg92
AG
Has anyone ever seen Paz and Steven Tyler in the same room?

Stive
AG
quote:
Has anyone ever seen Paz and Steven Tyler in the same room?

PatAg
AG
Wow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.