* * * Boardwalk Empire Season 2 Thread * * *

34,081 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Heisenberg
The D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm wondering if she's stashing cash because she's afraid Nucky is in over his head and wants cushion, preparing for life after Nucky, or saving to do something for her family.

If I remember in last season, one of the other mistresses her current neighboorhood told her how she always takes money from her rich boyfriend also.
Heisenberg
thats right, the one whos sugardaddy got caught up in the ponzi scheme. Margaret took good notes it seems.
Tree Hugger
AG
I also think she stashes the money in case she needs to skip town in case her "history" catches up with her.
Spaceship
AG
ttt for tonight
tamuagk
AG
Sniper time with 1/2 face?
zgood10
AG
Harrow is such a BAMF. Such a great episode. The bro fight was intense and Eli's unraveling was just so well done.
Spaceship
AG
Eli is not very smart and really bad at playing "the game". Richard is a sympathetic character but a total badass at the same time. The scalping was very bold - it will be interesting to see how this turns out for Jimmy.

A good episode - a little slow at times but good. Any episode lacking Rothstein, Luciano, Lanskey and Capone is never great though.
turfman80
AG
Did not want to lose the Richard character. Glad the dog arrived.
zap
AG
"These woods are for living."
Invincible Aggie
Great episode. The most bloody since last season's finale. Amazing the emotion Harrow displays with half a face. I think Eli's game playing ability is going to improve now that he's all in with Jimmy. Could a man that old survive a scalping?
Stive
AG
Mother of pearl that was a violent episode!!! A pipe wrench and a live scalping!!!! WOWZER!!!!!!!!

Eli's unraveling and Nucky's response to it have pretty well sealed for me that this thing is irrepairable at this point for both Eli and Jimmy.
aCosmicBandito
AG
Crazy violent episode. That scalping scene was brutal!

The Harrow character is great and hope they keep him around for a while. Also, Nuckys maid is crazy hot.

This really was a pretty limited episode as far as scope. No updates on Chicago, New York, or Philly and nothing from Chalky or Van Alden.
jobu93
AG
"Would you fight for me?"

"To the last bullet."

Then you knew bad juju was going to go down on someone.

OnlyForNow
AG
It was a great build up episode. Who gets shot in the previews for next week?
aCosmicBandito
AG
This episode was like a boiling pot of rage from lost expectations for all the characters.

Richard Harrow hates knowing the way his life could've turned out if he wasn't disfigured. I think the life of killing and working for Jimmy isn't what he wants at all but Jimmy is the only person in his life that 'will fight for him' and that's good enough for now because he doesn't have anything better.

Jimmy and Eli both boiled over and took drastic violent action to curtail their disappointment and problems over the Commodores stroke and the setbacks it's caused in their business. Jimmy was in more control of his actions and emotions to send a message though while Eli just acted out without thinking as always. You knew something bad was going to happen later when Jimmy didn't respond after getting cracked with that cane.

Mrs. Shroeder seems to flip flop and go back and forth on whether she regrets her decision to join Nucky. She was definitely not excited to have to walk Eli out of her house with a gone wondering aloud if 'this is to be their life.' And she definitely seems to be jealous of the orgasms being had from the Irish enforcer by her maid down the hall.

Even Nucky seems uncomfortable and unhappy in his setting and station. He seemed tired and weary when that man asked to put in a good word for him about future business dealings. Everyone always asks Nucky for help but no one offers to help fix his problems. He can't bring himself to forgive Eli even after he admits everything he did wrong because he sees is as only someone else wanting to take something from him. The final scene, all his supposed friends are enjoying themselves with booze and hookers while Nucky keeps himself shut off from that world. I think he has finally realized the position he is in without a guarantee his trial will go away and his politicking days are over unless he becomes more of a full on gangster to survive.

I'm sure we are going to see some moving and shaking and some back room deals an killings in the next few weeks.

[This message has been edited by acosmicbandito (edited 10/24/2011 12:06p).]
Stive
AG
How many more episodes this season?
JonSnow
I don't think Ms. Shroeder is jealous of the orgasims. She heard them as screams for help and worried for her children's safety.
Invincible Aggie
7 more episodes. Season finale on Dec 11.
aCosmicBandito
AG
Yeah, I know that's not the reason she got up. Was more of a joke but you can tell she is jealous of the way the Irish soldier looks at the maid. She stopped being friendly and changed her mind about paying the help more after they started flirting.
OnlyForNow
AG
Gotta agree with berma.

I don't think she trusts the irish guy and that is why she is acting weird. She also now fills stange about the serving girl.

I think she'll catch them canoolding and the maid will get fired by maraget.
MW03
AG
I think she wants Irish's lank. Also, I hate her character and wish she would die off.

The scalping scene was brutal, but the pipe wrench to the dome scenes were unbearable. Thanks to a lifetime of mob movies and video games, very little turns my stomach. I actually had to look away when he was caving in that dude's skull.
zap
AG
Based on next week's previews, it looks like Manny (Philly butcher) has someone hanging in his freezer. Get ready for some more blood and guts.
Stive
AG
quote:
it looks like Manny (Philly butcher) has someone hanging in his freezer. Get ready for some more blood and guts

Saw that! YIKES!!!
HtownAg92
AG
It won't be Jimmy, but remember the only reference to Philly was Jimmy's comment to his mom about his inability to fill Manny's booze order. If I recall correctly, Jimmy told Manny that Richard would be handling the order. I'll bet that's Richard.

So thankful for the dog. I was screaming "NO" when Richard put the barrel in his mouth.

Don't know if Warren Harding's ******* kid was revealed during his presidency in real life, but I can see Nucky dropping the hammer on Shooter McGavin/the AG if he doesn't come through on his favor. Nucky's showed pure disgust at having to wine and whooor the feds after they refused to give him a guarantee.

The scalping happened so fast, I didn't notice if Richard and Jimmy had on masks. I guess it won't matter if the old dude dies, but if it was a message and they let him live (awesome payback for the massacred Indians), could be important.

Notable absence of Chalky, Van Alden, the NY boys and the Commodore this week. Previews seemed to show that they are back in force next week.

I know that it had to be written as an equal fight and Nucky had to be shown with some power, but Eli would kick the crap out of Steve Buscemi.

[This message has been edited by HtownAg92 (edited 10/24/2011 3:37p).]
Stive
AG
quote:
I know that it had to be written as an equal fight and Nucky had to be shown with some power, but Eli would kick the crap out of Steve Buscemi.

I may have dreamed this up, but I believe I remember reading somewhere that Nucky Johnson (the guy Steve Buscemi's character is based off of) was a really big dude.

That's hard for me to wrap my brain around since I'm used to Buscemi playing scrawny little weasel characters....but so be it.
zap
AG
Supposedly the real Nucky had more of a James Gandolfini type physique...
OnlyForNow
AG
I don't think the guy was Richard. He seemed too fat for that. The guy (and I'm pretty sure that there was two of them) were both portly guys.
tylercsbn9
AG
Last nights show was just flat out incredible. Not much else you can say other than that. Amazing series.
turfman80
AG
Finally placed the actor who plays Manny Horvitz, the Philly butcher. It's the guy opposite John Goodman who breaks out of prison in Raising Arizona..."Awful good cereal flakes Ms. Mcdonough"

And yes, Katie is smokin!
MW03
AG
Yeah. He's been in a lot of movies.

The Rock
Dick Tracy (played Flat Top)
The Substitute

Spaceship
AG
The acting, writing and authenticity of the sets/wardrobe/etc continues to amaze me each week. Such a terrific show.

So far we've seen Owen Slater take on Richard at the alcohol shipment, build a bomb and bag a hottie. Not a bad intro for his character.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
Finally placed the actor who plays Manny Horvitz, the Philly butcher. It's the guy opposite John Goodman who breaks out of prison in Raising Arizona..."Awful good cereal flakes Ms. Mcdonough"

"Do those blow up into funny shapes at all?"

"You hear that, Hayseeds? We're usin' code names."
thepriceisright24
AG
For me the scalping scene was worse than the face cutting scene from last year and the Eli skull bashing scene. I had to look away.
Earp16
AG
The wrench beating was by far the worse for me. I cringed when I saw the butcher had a guy hanging in next weeks episode.
AJ02
AG
I guess I'm just too desensitized. None of those scenes bothered me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.