Inception

17,699 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MW03
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i know this is 1000 years old, but i just saw the movie.

Anyway, Juno and Cobb know Saito is dead because Cobb says to her "Saito is dead by now" based on how long they had been going. I think it was an estimation that he was dead, nothing else.

Anyway, loved the movie.
The Milkman
AG
Got it on netflix today...watching it now for the first time since theaters. Think I'm understanding better this time around haha
Martin Q. Blank
One question, Saito and Cobb are apparently in limbo for decades to the point that they barely remember their arrangement. When they wake up, Saito makes a call to clear Cobb's record and remembers the phone number?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. A decade later and that's your question.
Martin Q. Blank
Just seems odd. Moments earlier they can barely remember each other and have to piece it together. Wake up and remember a phone number from 100 years ago.
AverageJones
AG
CalvinMurphy said:

Ellen page makes me rock hard.
PatAg
AG
AverageJones said:

CalvinMurphy said:

oh no
The Porkchop Express
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
The Collective
AG
Quote:

TCTTS
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Just seems odd. Moments earlier they can barely remember each other and have to piece it together. Wake up and remember a phone number from 100 years ago.

It's decades to his subconscious/dream mind, not necessarily his conscious mind. So when he wakes up, it's not like he feels like he was asleep for actual, real-world decades. It's not literal. Yes, I'm sure it felt like a long time, but it probably also just felt like a super disorienting dream as well. It's more about the catharsis while in the dreamworld than the amount of dream time.
The Porkchop Express
I could have used a pop-up video version of Inception in the theaters because I was definitely too dumb to get everything.
WoMD
The Porkchop Express said:

I could have used a pop-up video version of Inception in the theaters because I was definitely too dumb to get everything.

Have you seen Tenet? That makes inception feel like a childrens story. At least to me. Talk about mental fatigue after trying to make sense of what's happening along the way. I've never felt mentally exhausted coming out of a movie before.
The Porkchop Express
WoMD said:

Have you seen Tenet? That makes inception feel like a childrens story. At least to me. Talk about mental fatigue after trying to make sense of what's happening along the way. I've never felt mentally exhausted coming out of a movie before.
I downloaded tenet the day it came out from boredom and I was lost about 30 minutes in so I just watched it for the special effects. The Pitch Meeting for Tenet is fantastic.
Duncan Idaho
I just watch that pitch meeting. That.was.perfect.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
AverageJones said:

CalvinMurphy said:

Well I'm guessing neither the poster nor Ellen will be getting rock hard anytime soon.
jackie childs
WoMD said:

I enjoyed both Inception and Tenet, but yeah, they're exhausting.

i know these films were made to be seen on the big screen, but my first time seeing Tenet though was VOD and i think that helped me enjoy it more because i actually went back after the first viewing and re-watched some parts.
Belton Ag
AG
I hated this movie and didn't like Tenet either.

Nolan is must watch, but for me when he misses he misses bigly.

hunter2012
AG
If we're digging this thread up. I would like to proclaim that I know the ending with 99.9% certainty. Yes the moral is that it doesn't matter because Dom accepts that reality as THE reality, but there is still a correct answer. The answer goes back to their explanation of the totems. The whole point of the totems is that you have your own and you know it's weight or it's properties so that if you are in someone else's dream those properties will change and you can tell it is behaving abnormally. It means nothing if you are in your own dream. The spinner is Mal's and so while Cobb doesn't know the properties of the spinner, but he's in his own dream so he thinks it does. The spinner wobbles as it is losing momentum so it will fall, however he is still dreaming and the whole heist is either inception on an outsiders' part or his own mind trying to bring his journey to a conclusion in the hopes of waking him up. Remember his own worlds about the mind wanting catharsis, for Dom that would be returning home to his kids. Sounds like a dream ending to me...

Personally, I think it's an outside party, because of some of the statements addressed to him, such as "Come back to reality Dom." There are several other suggestive lines throughout the movie, but they're always particular characters. But I feel like this part is speculation.

The point is, the top will fall, but he's still dreaming. After a decade later, you're welcome.
Lathspell
AG
The answer is simple:

His children are the same age they were when he originally left. He is still dreaming.
CoppellAg93
AG
CalvinMurphy said:

All yours dude.

The Collective
AG
Seems to fit.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a huge crush on Ellen Page at the time of this movie, too.
Sea Speed
AG
The Collective said:

Quote:

This may be the best use of this gif ever. I truly can't imagine how it could be topped.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

topped

MW03
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

The answer is simple:

His children are the same age they were when he originally left. He is still dreaming.

You silly *******

Phillippa Cobb
- Early appearances portrayed by Claire Geare (age 3)
- End sequence portrayed by Taylor Geare (age 5)

James Cobb
- Early appearances portrayed by Magnus Nolan (20 months)
- End sequence portrayed by Jonathan Geare (age 3)

(Shortly after posting about this movie in 2011, I went fully down the rabbit hole and became obsessed with it, so I am actually the real silly *******)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.