Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

227,131 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aeon-ag
hillcountryag86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yea he was legimately incredulous at the thought of LupinusTexensis' station in life.

Incredulous aka creepy
LupinusTexensis
TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

maroon barchetta said:

LupinusTexensis said:

I appreciate you and the other men who validated my experiences as possible so other men could imagine that a young (but not for much longer) person can in fact achieve goals with planning, sacrifice, and some luck.

Mostly I'm just jealous you can go backpacking whenever you want. And planned well enough to get a house where there is great backpacking!

It's nice being able to fly fish after work. There's nothing more peaceful than listening to the river and maybe making a catch or too. I'm sad it's too hot right now most days.
What kind of fly fishing is around Pagosa - I'm familiar with the San Juan and Animas but there's gotta be something closer to Pagosa.

Fishing is everywhere… above Piedra Falls, 4 mile creek, turkey creek, wolf creek right off the highway up the pass. The San Juan is nice cuz you're less likely to get caught up and it runs right though downtown… can't get much closer than that.
TheMasterplan
LupinusTexensis said:

TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

maroon barchetta said:

LupinusTexensis said:

I appreciate you and the other men who validated my experiences as possible so other men could imagine that a young (but not for much longer) person can in fact achieve goals with planning, sacrifice, and some luck.

Mostly I'm just jealous you can go backpacking whenever you want. And planned well enough to get a house where there is great backpacking!

It's nice being able to fly fish after work. There's nothing more peaceful than listening to the river and maybe making a catch or too. I'm sad it's too hot right now most days.
What kind of fly fishing is around Pagosa - I'm familiar with the San Juan and Animas but there's gotta be something closer to Pagosa.

Fishing is everywhere… above Piedra Falls, 4 mile creek, turkey creek, wolf creek right off the highway up the pass. The San Juan is nice cuz you're less likely to get caught up and it runs right though downtown… can't get much closer than that.
Sweet - thanks for that. I used to live in the area and disappointed I didn't get into fly fishing when I lived there.

On topic - I care more about fly fishing than dating I wouldn't make any plans on the weekend and leave it all for fly fishing. I guess I'll be checking back in here when I'm 35+.
cisgenderedAggie
TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

maroon barchetta said:

LupinusTexensis said:

Sweet - thanks for that. I used to live in the area and disappointed I didn't get into fly fishing when I lived there.

On topic - I care more about fly fishing than dating I wouldn't make any plans on the weekend and leave it all for fly fishing. I guess I'll be checking back in here when I'm 35+.

maroon barchetta
TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

TheMasterplan said:

LupinusTexensis said:

maroon barchetta said:

LupinusTexensis said:

If you are a guy it doesn't matter once you reach 35. According to this thread you will only increase in value.
Anchorhold
Buck up losers. Two of my 35+ female friends are posting honeymoon pictures lately and didn't have to go to "the end of the world" (until now).
I do have questions about this one though:
maroon barchetta
I've heard a fisterra can be painful.
Ribbed Paultz
I am always wrong
Has anyone on this thread hooked up with someone else from this thread yet? Share your stories.
maroon barchetta
Fear InoculAg said:

Has anyone on this thread hooked up with someone else from this thread yet? Share your stories.

How?

They are so old they would have to hook up before the nightly news is on. [/TexAgs, probably]
Sea Speed
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Fear InoculAg said:

How?

They are so old they would have to hook up before the nightly news is on. [/TexAgs, probably]

You jest but we get in bed at like 830 sometimes depending on when kids go down. It would be funny if it weren't so sad, and only one of us is over 35.
TexasRebel
AG
It's 8:30 somewhere.
Sea Speed
AG
Unfortunately I'm working until probably 0130 or 0200 and back out again at 0600. I'll be doing my sleeping during the day tomorrow.
Sea Speed
AG
Ddp
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

Unfortunately I'm working until probably 0130 or 0200 and back out again at 0600. I'll be doing my sleeping during the day tomorrow.

Who is driving the ship?
The Fife
maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

Who is driving the ship?
Everything's ok, it's on cruise control.
Sea Speed
AG
The Fife said:

maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

Who is driving the ship?

Its called auto pilot TYVM
maroon barchetta
The Fife said:

maroon barchetta said:

Sea Speed said:

Who is driving the ship?
Sea Speed
AG
Ag_N_Houston
AG
maroon barchetta
Get ready for some inappropriate jokes.
Sea Speed
AG
How do you feel about Malaysians and indians?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
swimmerbabe11
Malaysian food is great
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

Malaysian food is great

Komodo dragon kabobs
Sea Speed
AG
There was a 35+ couple on what I presume was their first date sitting next to us at garth brooks Saturday. She was probably a real world 6-7 and I would say he was the same, but good lord he was the worst personality wise. He probably mentioned his daughter 15 times in the 2.5 hours we were next to each other and I could actually hear the conversation and he talked about MMA a handful of times.

I actually felt bad for the girl.
maroon barchetta
Sea Speed said:

There was a 35+ couple on what I presume was their first date sitting next to us at garth brooks Saturday. She was probably a real world 6-7 and I would say he was the same, but good lord he was the worst personality wise. He probably mentioned his daughter 15 times in the 2.5 hours we were next to each other and I could actually hear the conversation and he talked about MMA a handful of times.

I actually felt bad for the girl.

She's over 35. She's lucky to have a date. [/GB dudes]
swimmerbabe11
My sales partner is only 24, thinks he's a ten, and will only swipe right on 10s that don't drink. His longest relationship was 3 days of talking to a girl. He's on dating apps and watching him decide to swipe left on literally everyone is amazing.
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

My sales partner is only 24, thinks he's a ten, and will only swipe right on 10s that don't drink. His longest relationship was 3 days of talking to a girl. He's on dating apps and watching him decide to swipe left on literally everyone is amazing.

You must not think he is a 10.

Where do you rank him?
swimmerbabe11
He's a 24 year old who is into RC cars, doesn't drink, and really does a fabulous Trump impression almost daily.
He does not fall on my ranking system.
The Fife
You sure he's 24 and not 14?
maroon barchetta
The Fife said:

You sure he's 24 and not 14?
MAS444
AG
He sounds gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
AggieArchitect04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

He's a 24 year old who is into RC cars

What a chick magnet!

Rvvvvvvvvvvvvvrrrvvv
AggieVictor10
AG
Winner winner

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.