Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

227,156 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by aeon-ag
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea but you have 2 not 4. There's a big difference between those imo.
_lefraud_
AG
Did he say he had no kids or just leave it blank? Asking someone if they have kids (and how many) seems like a pretty basic question to ask BEFORE meeting in person.
jwoodmd
This was a pretty fun thread, but got to admit it has turned sad. Way too many people on here who disqualify people based on some box you check. Everyone has different paths in life. This reads like people want to order off a "you customize" it menu.
TexasRebel
AG
Don't want to deal with ex you made copies of: check.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
The Fife said:

Sea Speed said:

Yea i wouldnt want you to and i wasn't insinuating that he cheated or anything I was just saying that splitting after 4 YOUNG kids seems insane. I mean, they had to just have had the last one pretty recently and it sure seems like you could see the inevitable coming before knocking out kid 4. Unless they are stupid and had another kid to save a marriage.

Either way, they are both gonna have issues finding the next one for very similar reasons.

Eta: Also, I do think it is a little naive to buy the guys story on a first date, especially since he wasn't up front about having nearly a full basketball team worth of kids.
Honestly, things can happen. I'm only halfway joking around when I say that I was already a single parent when I said things were over. The separation started when my youngest was 9 months old. She was a lot easier than the first, which was my ex's reasoning for not really doing much in the way of parenting but it was just a bad environment for either of the two to be around. They got in the way of screwing around on her iphone and macbook and I didn't like seeing the older one get yelled at for being a kid or wanting attention.

The signs were there already, even long before the first was born but it can be hard to see them until after the fact.
Wait so your ex was more interested in fiddling with devices than interacting with her kids? Weird (and, honestly, sad).
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Is a lie of omission still a lie?

I come across it all the time... they dont specify if they have kids, but their profile has their pictures with small kids...

When you make the dating profile, it asks you if you have kids, you have to intentionally skip that question to finish building the profile...

AGC
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

The Fife said:

Sea Speed said:

Yea i wouldnt want you to and i wasn't insinuating that he cheated or anything I was just saying that splitting after 4 YOUNG kids seems insane. I mean, they had to just have had the last one pretty recently and it sure seems like you could see the inevitable coming before knocking out kid 4. Unless they are stupid and had another kid to save a marriage.

Either way, they are both gonna have issues finding the next one for very similar reasons.

Eta: Also, I do think it is a little naive to buy the guys story on a first date, especially since he wasn't up front about having nearly a full basketball team worth of kids.
Honestly, things can happen. I'm only halfway joking around when I say that I was already a single parent when I said things were over. The separation started when my youngest was 9 months old. She was a lot easier than the first, which was my ex's reasoning for not really doing much in the way of parenting but it was just a bad environment for either of the two to be around. They got in the way of screwing around on her iphone and macbook and I didn't like seeing the older one get yelled at for being a kid or wanting attention.

The signs were there already, even long before the first was born but it can be hard to see them until after the fact.
Wait so your ex was more interested in fiddling with devices than interacting with her kids? Weird (and, honestly, sad).

Pretty common. Basically describes most families in a given restaurant, parents at the neighborhood pool, soccer practice, etc.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Interesting. I'm going to start observing this a little more to see if it really is accurate.

I wonder why.
AGC
AG

Interesting. I'm going to start observing this a little more to see if it really is accurate.

I wonder why.

They're addicts (the parents). They don't want to be alone with their thoughts. It's hard to play with kids or attend to them constantly (lots of energy) but they'll shut up if you give them an iPad. Makes a trip to the doctors office or karate easier with multiple kids.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
My kids have screen time from time to time. It's just a reality of having kids. But my iPhone is pretty much for work stuff -- especially when I'm around my kids. It's a thing I have to have because of the reality of modern professional life, not a thing I like having.
Green2Maroon
AG
It's been pretty interesting so far to date at 38. I have found one girl to stand out and we'll see how that goes.
Anchorhold
Parents rejoice when they learn they can just park their kids infront of a tv / phone / ipad. That's how I was raised and I turned out tv.
maroon barchetta
Anchorhold said:

Parents rejoice when they learn they can just park their kids infront of a tv / phone / ipad. That's how I was raised and I turned out tv.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Anchorhold said:

Clearly.
Uncle Howdy
S
Ags4DaWin
Anchorhold said:

LOL
NCNJ1217
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

At least 13, which is pretty common for men in their 40s.

It's not a hard line. If I met a guy that I was really compatible with and he had a 12 year old, I wouldn't run away.

My kid is 11 in two months, but why wait till next year?
BenFiasco14
AG
Anchorhold said:

Hi tv, nice to meet you. I'm dad.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Gotta watch the whole clip:

The Fife

The Fife said:

Sea Speed said:

Yes, it was probably at the point of addiction. She'd routinely stay up until 2, 3, or sometimes later on group chats and whatnot. It got in the way of sleeping (obviously), socialization in real life, and hygiene since she was taking a shower every 3 days or so. Sometimes longer.

The only electronics the kids get at home that they play with are an ipad with Angry Birds for my 6 year old as a reward for finishing his homework before bedtime.
BenFiasco14
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CfvF_DgLGmq
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
_lefraud_
AG
I'd guess she was molested by a family member growing up.

She's a lovely looking girl
Sea Speed
AG
Wtf
maroon barchetta
BenFiasco14
Uncle Howdy
S
AggieArchitect04
AG

The Fife said:

Sea Speed said:

My ex was the same way. Except now she's graduated to giving the kids unlimited screen time so she doesn't have to deal with them.
JobSecurity
AG
Okay new dating topic

My ex and my daughter apparently have the two most common female names of all time. Also my name happens to be evenly split between male and female (thanks a ton, mom)

I think I could deal with dating someone with my ex's name but not my daughter. I would be willing to date someone with my name for the future story if nothing else. GB thoughts?

chiken
AG
I have had people with my ex's name. I havent swiped right on one of those people yet. It would be too weird for me right now.
aglaohfour
AG
My ex has a common name that also has three pretty common nicknames associated with it. I've always called him by his full first name, but a lot of people use one of the nicknames. I couldn't date someone who went by either of those, but could deal with someone who went by one of the other nicknames.
Sea Speed
AG
I think his name was Robert
chiken
AG
Whats your first name?
I am always wrong
AgEng06
AG
Sea Speed said:

I think his name was Robert

Or William
Sea Speed
AG
Yea thst was my second guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.