Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

224,608 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aeon-ag
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can someone just tell me what Agracer's son did already?
BenFiasco14
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Can someone just tell me what Agracer's son did already?

THIS
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
maroon barchetta
proc said:

agracer said:

southernskies said:

What is our oldest and ever married person on here? I want to hear their story.
https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3273862/replies/61560079

but I don't think I'm the oldest.

Married 32 years and I also met my wife on the A&M campus, in American Literature at the Blocker building. It was a whirlwind romance culminating in a surprise pregnancy, a Summer apart so we could determine whether were in love enough to be married, a surprise proposal at the LSU yell practice, and an engagement ring under the Century Oak.

Blocker truly was the T&A building for me.

Was the pregnancy initiated in Blocker??
proc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

proc said:

agracer said:

southernskies said:

Married 32 years and I also met my wife on the A&M campus, in American Literature at the Blocker building. It was a whirlwind romance culminating in a surprise pregnancy, a Summer apart so we could determine whether were in love enough to be married, a surprise proposal at the LSU yell practice, and an engagement ring under the Century Oak.

Was the pregnancy initiated in Blocker??
No, though it was on campus.
YouBet
AG
proc said:

agracer said:

southernskies said:

You sure it's yours? Blocker was Redstone's haunt and he was prowling that building before many on here realized it's potential.

He was one of the first that realized this, actually.
maroon barchetta
So the couches upstairs outside at Rudder Auditorium.

Got it.
_lefraud_
AG
35 / M / DFW

Divorced + kids = prime social value
713nervy
AG
Well this has been fun.
OasisMan
AG
713nervy said:

agracer said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay, so there are 4 posters that are parroting each other on the same stuff, saying that these are facts, and biology, and woman at 35 is basically SOL on getting a valuable partner..then following it up with "we are telling you this out of love" behavior.

If your team's argument was compelling! OMG WE ALL BELIEVE YOU GOSH, US UNMARRIED WOMEN, MUST LOWER OUR STANDARDS AND ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT COMES OUR WAY and the married (or very very recently divorced) women should cling to their man, regardless of his behavior and praising his every move, such as hanging out with his own children, then someone in a position such as Nervy, who has openly admitted that she is in the process of divorce and probably a year out from dating, would rightfully look at this thread and feel woe. Woe that if you are right, she is fooked and even if y'all are wrong, y'all exist and are out there in the dating pool.

Knowing that if I were single again and I could end up on a date with someone with your mindset, is actually pretty dreadful.
Reading comprehension, you suck at it.

... the generalized heterosexual male population believes that a woman's value declines as a potential mate after the age of 35...
this is a scientific fact -- eggs decline with age

Per the Google -- "The average number of oocytes at the age of 30 would be around 72,000 (12% of maximum pre-birth levels). How many eggs does a woman have at 40? By the time a woman reaches 40, she'll be down to about 18,000 (3% of her pre-birth egg supply)."

That doesn't mean anything about her value as a person, certainly she is wiser from her prior experiences, likely has a more stable job than at 23, hopefully well read, etc
Green2Maroon
AG
Combat, dating, and careers are the 3 hardest things in life.
jwoodmd
Green2Maroon said:

Parenting beats all three by a long shot.
Green2Maroon
AG
jwoodmd said:

Green2Maroon said:

Parenting beats all three by a long shot.

I haven't done that yet but you might be right.
B-1 83
AG
ea1060 said:

OasisMan said:

in general, when looking for wifey material, guys don't care what the girl makes

B/c a guy does not want a woman working 60+ hrs a week for that 100+k and all that comes with the working extra/hard

Certainly my bank account would love to be 2X'ed on income -- but I would never get to see her and enjoy her
Spot on. People try to brag that a girl is a lawyer or a doctor, and that doesnt really appeal to me. All that tells me is that shes going to work long hours and be obsessed with her career. No thanks. I'd rather marry a teacher or a secretary.
Be careful what you wish for…….
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Pirate04
AG
_lefraud_ said:

35 / M / DFW

Divorced + kids = prime social value

Almost 36/F/Tampa

Never married + no kids + No time for social life = no social value
TexasRebel
AG
Almost 39/m/OKC

Never married + no kids = Too good to be true, apparently.
Green2Maroon
AG
Almost 38/M/Denver

Never married, no kids, but doing the best I ever did and seeking to build on it.
OasisMan
AG
TexasRebel said:

Almost 39/m
haha

If only it were that easy
YouBet
AG
Some of y'all late 30s single people should simply go out on a date and see if you match. Won't hurt anything to see. I've dated women from this site back in the day and it was fine.
TexasRebel
AG
It's too easy, really.

Yesterday I was 26.
Green2Maroon
AG
Wish I would have been smarter and more mature when I was 26.
Beerosch
AG
Couldn't sleep and decided to read the first several pages of this thread…it didn't disappoint. This is thread is the GB I used to love.
chiken
AG
I had a date last night with a 49 year old never married no kids male. And we are going out again Monday. I suppose I was able to hide my decrepitness well enough, eh boys?
Green2Maroon
AG
Must have been a good date.
maroon barchetta
Green2Maroon said:

Must have been a good date.

She will be posting about it for ten years.
chiken
AG
Calm down. It wasnt a lights out date. If anything I will only mention his SSN, DOB, and address like any sane person on an internet message board.
Green2Maroon
AG
Pretty good guy though?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
chiken
AG
Do it when you feel ready. I have been divorced for 18 months and didnt even think about dating until the dating app thread was started. Now its really just for fun. I might be one of the few, but I enjoy dating. You get to meet new people and hear their life stories. And the anticipation is fun.
NCNJ1217
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

I think I might get back on the app. I've been single almost 2 months, so I should probably go on a date again. I will be looking for men between 38 and 48. No kids, or older kids.

Wish this low value lady some luck!
My kid is 10. Too young?
Green2Maroon
AG
chiken said:

Do it when you feel ready. I have been divorced for 18 months and didnt even think about dating until the dating app thread was started. Now its really just for fun. I might be one of the few, but I enjoy dating. You get to meet new people and hear their life stories. And the anticipation is fun.

I'm trying to get back out there again too. Definitely excited to meet some fascinating people again.
Beerosch
AG
chiken said:

And the sechs
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Ag_N_Houston
AG
chiken
AG
You seem like you turned a corner in your happiness too, which is great to see.
YouBet
AG
Y'all, I'm on my second marriage, so I'm pretty experienced at the relationship thing. Can provide advice if anyone needs any because even with my level of experience things can go awry.

For example, last night my wife was kind of in a weird place and I couldn't really tell why or what's going on. So, to help resolve whatever she's upset about....I ignored it, opened a nice bottle of wine for myself, and went into the media room and watched Star Wars until 1am. As an aside, I noticed a couple of odd things in the Disney+ version of Star Wars that I have noted on the Star Wars thread on the Entertainment board.

If anyone is interested, I can catalog relationship hacks like this and maybe put them on 3x5 notecards I could send out. Will need you to cover postage of course.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.