Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

224,707 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aeon-ag
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boy09 said:

This thread is reminding me that "high value male/man" is maybe the cringiest phrase i've ever heard.

AliasMan02
AG
boy09 said:

This thread is reminding me that "high value male/man" is maybe the cringiest phrase i've ever heard.

Especially juxtaposed against the same conversation that casually talked about the declining value of women with age.
Green2Maroon
AG
AliasMan02 said:

boy09 said:

Especially juxtaposed against the same conversation that casually talked about the declining value of women with age.
I think in a lot of ways our value has actually increased for both genders. I'm quite a bit more mature now than I was ten years ago. Finances in far better shape, much more stability with my career and definitely happier overall. No doubt a lot of women my age are better off now also than they were a decade ago.
DuncanLEO
Green2Maroon said:

I do okay these days, definitely not broke, but a lot of women my age make more than I do in my city. The old paradigm of the man making all or most of the money is no longer true for a lot of us anymore.
It is true for all or most of us, just not you.
agracer
AG
southernskies said:

What is our oldest and ever married person on here? I want to hear their story.
https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3273862/replies/61560079

but I don't think I'm the oldest.
TexasRebel
AG
Doesn't that contradict the "never married" part.
Not a Bot
AG
I'm just stopping by on this thread again to remind everyone that I'm single, available, and somewhat normal.
superunknown
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I'm just stopping by on this thread again to remind everyone that I'm single, available, and somewhat normal.

if this guy is too good for you, I am single, available, and absolutely trash.
agracer
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay, so there are 4 posters that are parroting each other on the same stuff, saying that these are facts, and biology, and woman at 35 is basically SOL on getting a valuable partner..then following it up with "we are telling you this out of love" behavior.

If your team's argument was compelling! OMG WE ALL BELIEVE YOU GOSH, US UNMARRIED WOMEN, MUST LOWER OUR STANDARDS AND ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT COMES OUR WAY and the married (or very very recently divorced) women should cling to their man, regardless of his behavior and praising his every move, such as hanging out with his own children, then someone in a position such as Nervy, who has openly admitted that she is in the process of divorce and probably a year out from dating, would rightfully look at this thread and feel woe. Woe that if you are right, she is fooked and even if y'all are wrong, y'all exist and are out there in the dating pool.

Knowing that if I were single again and I could end up on a date with someone with your mindset, is actually pretty dreadful.
Reading comprehension, you suck at it.
TexasRebel
AG
superunknown said:

Captain Positivity said:

if this guy is too good for you, I am single, available, and absolutely trash.

If these guys aren't good for you, I'm single, available, and juuuuuuust right.
agracer
AG
TexasRebel said:

Doesn't that contradict the "never married" part.
'ever married'.....typo in the post I responded to but if that's what they meant, then yes.
chiken
AG
a/s/l?
chiken
AG
I'm your huckleberry
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
superunknown said:

YouBet said:

Green2Maroon said:

Sea Speed said:

You have built up this image of this person in your mind that has her being the end all be all to your relationship needs and that isn't necessarily the case. This image is based off of one date a decade ago. Be prepared for reality to be completely different than this image in your mind.

This is quite possible. It would just bother me for the rest of my life if I didn't go back and see what that reality is today.

Hey, good luck here. It could happen.

I was just in a waiting room this week and listening to some old couple (95 and 94) who met back up later in life after both their first marriages failed and they've been married now for 42 years. They got into random conversation with another old person and all started talking about life.

my mom married her high school sweetheart a few years ago after they reconnected on Facebook. His wife died, my dad died and now they're together. I think old people just don't want to die alone. Cowards, all of them.

also thank you staff for the vacation, I am well rested now and ready to resume shhtposting.

Plot Twist. Your "new step-dad" was actually your biological father!
713nervy
AG
agracer said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay, so there are 4 posters that are parroting each other on the same stuff, saying that these are facts, and biology, and woman at 35 is basically SOL on getting a valuable partner..then following it up with "we are telling you this out of love" behavior.

If your team's argument was compelling! OMG WE ALL BELIEVE YOU GOSH, US UNMARRIED WOMEN, MUST LOWER OUR STANDARDS AND ACCEPT ANYTHING THAT COMES OUR WAY and the married (or very very recently divorced) women should cling to their man, regardless of his behavior and praising his every move, such as hanging out with his own children, then someone in a position such as Nervy, who has openly admitted that she is in the process of divorce and probably a year out from dating, would rightfully look at this thread and feel woe. Woe that if you are right, she is fooked and even if y'all are wrong, y'all exist and are out there in the dating pool.

Knowing that if I were single again and I could end up on a date with someone with your mindset, is actually pretty dreadful.

I don't know how anyone could read what has been posted on this thread and not takeaway that many of the men posting have made it absolutely clear that the generalized heterosexual male population believes that a woman's value declines as a potential mate after the age of 35. That is what they have repeatedly stated.

Perhaps her reading comprehension does not suck. Perhaps you are unable to have the same reading experience and takeaways as we do when we read something like that because you're not a ~35 year old woman.
Green2Maroon
AG
713nervy said:

agracer said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I don't know how anyone could read what has been posted on this thread and not takeaway that many of the men posting have made it absolutely clear that the generalized heterosexual male population believes that a women's value declines as a potential mate after the age of 35. That is what they have repeatedly stated.

I have a lot of trouble agreeing with that opinion here. I think many of us in our late 30s are better now and have more to offer than we ever did. This applies to both genders.
713nervy
AG
I'd be careful who you tell this to or else you might be labeled one of those libtard men who sees women as more than an object.
maroon barchetta
713nervy said:

I'd be careful who you tell this to or else you might be labeled one of those libtard men who sees women as more than an object.

He just sucks at flirting.

That was him asking you out since you are both in Denver.
TexasRebel
AG
That's not what I said at all.

Their worth goes down when they perpetuate the genes of people they don't like.
Green2Maroon
AG
maroon barchetta said:

713nervy said:

He just sucks at flirting.

That was him asking you out since you are both in Denver.

Well I can't date an object or have a future with one.

And if you want to pivot my opinion into asking her out, I'm down for that too.
maroon barchetta
She's pretty smart. I think she will figure it out.
BenFiasco14
Green2Maroon
AG
I like smart.
Green2Maroon
AG
I'm here and ready for anything and anyone. Going up to Wyoming this weekend but coming home Monday. If you want to meet up after that, I'm down.
TexasRebel
AG
Why not have a first date in Wyoming?
Green2Maroon
AG
We can do that.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Green2Maroon said:

I'm here and ready for anything and anyone. Going up to Wyoming this weekend but coming home Monday. If you want to meet up after that, I'm down.

Not that it was likely to happen anyways, but I gotta think that recounting your night with the last chick anytime a female was mentioned on this site isn't going to help your chances of scoring a date on here.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
What's going on here
YellAgs
AG
The usual TA train wreck
Sea Speed
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

What's going on here

I think green2maroon is under the impression this is a dating app.
Green2Maroon
AG
I'm not looking for a repeat of that night, but I'm also aware that this is not a dating site.
agracer
AG
713nervy said:

agracer said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I don't know how anyone could read what has been posted on this thread and not takeaway that many of the men posting have made it absolutely clear that the generalized heterosexual male population believes that a woman's value declines as a potential mate after the age of 35. That is what they have repeatedly stated.

Perhaps her reading comprehension does not suck. Perhaps you are unable to have the same reading experience and takeaways as we do when we read something like that because you're not a ~35 year old woman.
That's not at all what has been stated but by all means continue to read what isn't there.
proc
AG
agracer said:

southernskies said:

What is our oldest and ever married person on here? I want to hear their story.
https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/3273862/replies/61560079

but I don't think I'm the oldest.

Married 32 years and I also met my wife on the A&M campus, in American Literature at the Blocker building. It was a whirlwind romance culminating in a surprise pregnancy, a Summer apart so we could determine whether were in love enough to be married, a surprise proposal at the LSU yell practice, and an engagement ring under the Century Oak.

Blocker truly was the T&A building for me.
Mort Rainey
This thread is absolutely nuts
713nervy
AG
agracer said:

713nervy said:

agracer said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

That's not at all what has been stated but by all means continue to read what isn't there.

Would love your take then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.