Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

224,781 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by aeon-ag
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You have built up this image of this person in your mind that has her being the end all be all to your relationship needs and that isn't necessarily the case. This image is based off of one date a decade ago. Be prepared for reality to be completely different than this image in your mind.
Green2Maroon
AG
Sea Speed said:

You have built up this image of this person in your mind that has her being the end all be all to your relationship needs and that isn't necessarily the case. This image is based off of one date a decade ago. Be prepared for reality to be completely different than this image in your mind.

This is quite possible. It would just bother me for the rest of my life if I didn't go back and see what that reality is today.
I am always wrong
This is getting deep.
Green2Maroon
AG
I had an intense flashback about this a few nights ago. Woke up at oh dark thirty in a cold sweat and just freaked the F out. Probably worse than any memories of Iraq.
scd88
AG
Awesome. We are now back to light hearted fantasy posts from Green2Maroon. These are better than the hyper personal, age based "worth" ones from earlier in this thread/blog.

Thanks, Green!
maroon barchetta
Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

I just unmatched than answer.

This is partly why you're still single. Can't recognize jokes. I mean for Fs sake you're not really a contract killer for the CIA, so he wasn't really asking how much you make.

Not as bad as meeting the coolest girl in the world when you were 28 and not talking again after that.

Seems there's more to the story here. Who dumped who and why?

This was 2012 so about 10 years ago. Met her online and we went on a date. Had a pretty good time and found her quite fascinating. But after that, I remember being kind of scared and uncertain about it. I meant to hit her up again but never did.

Fast forward a whole decade now. I recently split up with this girl I was dating for almost that whole decade. Reached out finally to the one date girl and we'll see if she replies.

Ever heard the phrase "**** or get off the pot?"
Green2Maroon
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

Well first he asked where I work, so my plain response to that is "I'm a contract killer for the CIA" because I'm not going to randomly tell people where I work. Duh.

Then he asked "what is your GS level" which is asking what pay status i'm on. I ignored the first question and tried changing the subject. He answered my next question and then asked again my GS level.

This is partly why you're still single. Can't recognize jokes. I mean for Fs sake you're not really a contract killer for the CIA, so he wasn't really asking how much you make.

Not as bad as meeting the coolest girl in the world when you were 28 and not talking again after that.

This was 2012 so about 10 years ago. Met her online and we went on a date. Had a pretty good time and found her quite fascinating. But after that, I remember being kind of scared and uncertain about it. I meant to hit her up again but never did.

Fast forward a whole decade now. I recently split up with this girl I was dating for almost that whole decade. Reached out finally to the one date girl and we'll see if she replies.

Ever heard the phrase "**** or get off the pot?"

Ummmm……yeah. I'm glad to finally, finally, finally be out of that rabbit hole.
GAC06
AG
Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

If she was 28 in 2012 then she's too old now
Green2Maroon
AG
GAC06 said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

I was 28 then. I think she was 26-28 too.
713nervy
AG
Sounds like it's her time to go to "the farm."
maroon barchetta
Green2Maroon said:

GAC06 said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

I was 28 then. I think she was 26-28 too.

She's got kids age 9, 6, and 4 now.
Green2Maroon
AG
No, not as far as I know.
maroon barchetta
I see. She's also been afraid of commitment for the past decade.
Green2Maroon
AG
That might be true.
Anchorhold
Did you mention that one time in Baton Rouge when y'all made out in the rain?
Green2Maroon
AG
Lol we didn't do that.
Green2Maroon
AG
I have another dating related story, not involving me directly. My old platoon sergeant from Korea died last night and it was initially reported as a suicide. This morning the news came through that his girlfriend killed him.

He was one of the finest people I ever knew or served with.
Green2Maroon
AG
RIP SFC John Welch
May 12, 1968 - May 20, 2022
maroon barchetta
Damn. He just had a birthday. Should have been a happy time for him right now.
Green2Maroon
AG
He was the craziest guy I've ever met in my life and also the kind of soldier, tanker, and leader that everyone wanted to become.
Green2Maroon
AG
They also just had a kid a few months ago.
maroon barchetta
Good lord.
Green2Maroon
AG
My world was fairly normal until about mid-April. Not sure why everything just started changing so fast.
XXXVII
Green2Maroon said:

My world was fairly normal until about mid-April. Not sure why everything just started changing so fast.

The hotter weather just makes people go crazy.
Green2Maroon
AG
It must be something like that. My life doesn't normally go ape**** in 5 or 6 weeks.
713nervy
AG
Green2Maroon said:

Totes obvi bc Mercury went into retrograde, duh.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
One common theme in dating is constant texting. If you want to communicate, in person is my preference.
713nervy
AG
So you can put your wiener in her, AMIRITE?! HIGH FIVE
YouBet
AG
Green2Maroon said:

Sea Speed said:

This is quite possible. It would just bother me for the rest of my life if I didn't go back and see what that reality is today.

Hey, good luck here. It could happen.

I was just in a waiting room this week and listening to some old couple (95 and 94) who met back up later in life after both their first marriages failed and they've been married now for 42 years. They got into random conversation with another old person and all started talking about life.
maroon barchetta
713nervy said:

Green2Maroon said:

Totes obvi bc Mercury went into retrograde, duh.

And Neptune's in Uranus.
BenFiasco14
AG
713nervy said:

So you can put your wiener in her, AMIRITE?! HIGH FIVE

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
superunknown
AG
YouBet said:

Green2Maroon said:

Sea Speed said:

I was just in a waiting room this week and listening to some old couple (95 and 94) who met back up later in life after both their first marriages failed and they've been married now for 42 years. They got into random conversation with another old person and all started talking about life.

my mom married her high school sweetheart a few years ago after they reconnected on Facebook. His wife died, my dad died and now they're together. I think old people just don't want to die alone. Cowards, all of them.

also thank you staff for the vacation, I am well rested now and ready to resume shhtposting.
maroon barchetta
superunknown said:

YouBet said:

Green2Maroon said:

Sea Speed said:

my mom married her high school sweetheart a few years ago after they reconnected on Facebook. His wife died, my dad died and now they're together. I think old people just don't want to die alone. Cowards, all of them.

also thank you staff for the vacation, I am well rested now and ready to resume shhtposting.

B-1 83 has a sig line about staff retreats.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

Green2Maroon said:

XXXVII said:

chiken said:

I had a girlfriend all 4 years at A&M despite us having very different views religiously. Both Christian but she was fundamentally different. Still a really nice person. A lot of people told me it'd never work out but I was stubborn. I also think, for me (and maybe others), change can be uncomfortable.

Once I graduated I moved to another town while she finished at A&M. We didn't last a year. Once there was distance between us I started to think more independently. It was one of the easiest breakups for me but I think she took it hard. She was still reaching out years down the road, but I was done.
TexasRebel
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

if the listed height is under 5'8" it is accurate

f he says 5'8" in the bio, he's 5'6" or 5'7"

If he says he's 6', he's 5'10 or 5'11"

over that and it's honest.

just like a baseball roster

So, what if I actually AM 5'8"?

(Only not-above-average thing I've ever done in my life)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.