Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

223,766 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aeon-ag
Pirate04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The men on this board are the reason I will choose to stay single no matter how much y'all shame me for being a never married, no kids, and over 35 female. Well done ****tards.
swimmerbabe11
Pirate04 said:

The men on this board are the reason I will choose to stay single no matter how much y'all shame me for being a never married, no kids, and over 35 female. Well done ****tards.
I think you are falling off the horse on the other side.
BenFiasco14
AG
OasisMan said:

The generalities being thrown are spot on

https://igotstandardsbro.com/

Hold on while I send this to all my male friends who are single.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Pirate04 said:

You're hot though. None of this applies to you
Green2Maroon
AG
I'm really a better guy than my account of that night would indicate.
Pirate04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Pirate04 said:

I think you are falling off the horse on the other side.

I don't understand what you mean.
Petrino1
Im a single guy in my mid 30's, and I date more women in their 20's now than I did in my 20's lol. Im much more successful with women now due to a number of things, but mainly because I gained a lot of confidence from being successful in my career, plus Ive traveled the world and experienced a lot of things. Ive also been able to stay in good shape exercising and eating healthy, while a lot of my guy friends have let themselves go.

From my experience, most single women in their 30's tend to be more jaded, depressed, emotionally unavailable, bitter, angry, tons of baggage etc. Almost every single woman in their 30's I've talked to, had a really toxic/abusive ex which made it hard for them to trust men again or be emotionally available. I feel like I have to break down all the walls with women in their 30's, and its not like that at all with women in their 20's.

I think a lot of us realize in our 30's that our career isnt going the way we want and that tends to depress a lot of people, but mainly women. Then they tend to self-medicate themselves with wine, zanax, and cats.
swimmerbabe11
When you are horseback riding, and you lean too far on one side, you'll fall off...but if you overcorrect too far, you're just going to end up on your ass on the other side of the horse.

it's like my favorite country sayin.
HossAg
AG
What a great thread
Martin Q. Blank
BenFiasco14 said:

Pirate04 said:

You're hot though. None of this applies to you
For now...
Stat Monitor Repairman
ea1060 said:

Im a single guy in my mid 30's, and I date more women in their 20's now than when I was in my 20's lol. Im much more successful with women now due to a number of things, but mainly because I gained a lot of confidence from being successful in my career, plus Ive traveled the world and experienced a lot of things. Ive also been able to stay in good shape exercising and eating healthy, while a lot of my guy friends have let themselves go.

From my experience, most single women in their 30's tend to be more jaded, depressed, emotionally unavailable, bitter, angry, tons of baggage etc. Almost every single woman in their 30's I've talked to, had a really toxic/abusive ex which made it hard for them to trust men again or be emotionally available. I feel like I have to break down all the walls with women in their 30's, and its not like that at all with women in their 20's.

I think a lot of us realize in our 30's that our career isnt going the way we want and that tends to depress a lot of people, but mainly women. Then they tend to self-medicate themselves with wine, zanax, and cats.
AggieArchitect04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

713nervy said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

How so when majority of divorces as stated are started by women where the basic reason was they weren't happy anymore .?.it's common knowledge

This is false.

The majority of divorce decrees are FILED by women. This does NOT mean that the divorce was initiated / desired / sought by the wife. It just means that the woman was the one to do the work. And "is no longer happy" is not one of the 7 options you check when filing for divorce, FYI. So maybe not exactly "common knowledge." Kthx
First off, you don't file a decree - the decree is the final order of the divorce.

Petitions on the other hand are filed with the court and served on the other party of the suit. If one is filing it (which costs money and usually an attorney) it stands to reason they are also the one initiating, desiring, seeking out the divorce.

Statistically, more women are filing the petitions. Ipso facto - they are the ones initiating the divorce.

It looks like you were so busy "well actually'ing" Nervy about the semantics, that you didn't actually absorb the point of her post.
There was no point to her post.

If you're going to the trouble of filing a petition, you're starting the divorce. It's not really an argument, it's just a point of fact. This made up belief that men are so horrible that they're leaving women no choice but "to do the work" to divorce them is laughable.

Also, one loses credibility when they don't know what they're talking about.
Proposition Joe
swimmerbabe11 said:

When you are horseback riding, and you lean too far on one side, you'll fall off...but if you overcorrect too far, you're just going to end up on your ass on the other side of the horse.

swimmer getting old on us real quick
GAC06
AG
Pirate04 said:

You're feeling shamed? Who is saying to get a man?
pinkdog
Can't imagine why any woman would feel ashamed around here as we have a few posters who are educating us and informing us that we (at least generally speaking) are less valuable as we get older and fatter. We would not have figured it out.
Eliminatus
AG
Pirate04 said:

You were traveling the world and doing things though. No time for baggage like dudes and kids. Believe it or not, that is entirely respectable by the vast majority of dudes I know. ****, I think it's actually pretty hot. Give me a well traveled and intelligent mid 30 woman vs a vapid, early 20 year old that I can't stand to be around. Don't care how hot she may be. There is not just an age gap these days. There is a STRONG culture gap as well.

It has its price though of course as the next thing ya know, you wake up and are mid 30s and feel like you missed out on the suburban side of life. Or might just be me. I am mid 30s as well and just graduated. I love that but damn me if I feel like I am just now getting started in life and almost panicking at thinking at how late in life I am and just starting a big boy career. I know that's stupid thinking but tell that to my irrational side of my brain...

All that to say, you don't fit the normal profile of the BSC used up, unintelligent, ex housewife that I think most on here are thinking and talking about. Because those women DO exist and they kinda suck. And not in the good way.

Plus, you know how to fly helicopters. That gets you so many bonus points in most dudes eyes.
swimmerbabe11
You know someone can "separate" or move out without filing paperwork, yes? Or a couple can make a decision, then only one of them files?
Eliminatus
AG
Proposition Joe said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

swimmer getting old on us real quick
Swimmy going off the deep end. She is now that old country dude that says things like, "Better make sure to shear the goat from the bottom to the top or the wing gonna blow that tree down!" At which point you just quietly nod as if you understood that gibberish and back away slowly...

swimmerbabe11
my probability of meeting someone was like 2.5% then I realized that I didn't click to exclude married.

1.1%

better stick with the asian I got then.
Hydrocele_aggie
713nervy said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

How so when majority of divorces as stated are started by women where the basic reason was they weren't happy anymore .?.it's common knowledge

This is false.

The majority of divorce decrees are FILED by women. This does NOT mean that the divorce was initiated / desired / sought by the wife. It just means that the woman was the one to do the work. And "is no longer happy" is not one of the 7 options you check when filing for divorce, FYI. So maybe not exactly "common knowledge." Kthx

It's irreconcilable differences meaning I'm not happy get a clue and your other comment is completely false
BenFiasco14
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

my probability of meeting someone was like 2.5% then I realized that I didn't click to exclude married.

1.1%

better stick with the asian I got then.

It's cool, we all have to make sacrifices.
swimmerbabe11
Oh when I modified it to just his stats it said 0 and that I didn't belong on this planet.
That thing is a little silly.
BenFiasco14
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Oh when I modified it to just his stats it said 0 and that I didn't belong on this planet.

Says the person who doesn't belong on this planet
swimmerbabe11
ea1060 said:

but mainly women. Then they tend to self-medicate themselves with wine, zanax, and cats.

I feel like most of y'all read a Cathy comic strip once and thought "yes, that is what all women are like!"
Eliminatus
AG
After thinking about it a bit, I also think location has a HUGE part of how it plays out. I spent the good majority of 20s on the west coast when I was stateside. I burned out fairly quickly and I swear I hit that mindset of rather just stroke one out and go to bed than trying to navigate the dating scene in a major urban center a lot faster than normal.

There be some BSC women out there and I think most rotate through California at some point where I met them.
Green2Maroon
AG
Eliminatus said:

Pirate04 said:

You were traveling the world and doing things though. No time for baggage like dudes and kids. Believe it or not, that is entirely respectable by the vast majority of dudes I know. ****, I think it's actually pretty hot. Give me a well traveled and intelligent mid 30 woman vs a vapid, early 20 year old that I can't stand to be around. Don't care how hot she may be. There is not just an age gap these days. There is a STRONG culture gap as well.

It has its price though of course as the next thing ya know, you wake up and are mid 30s and feel like you missed out on the suburban side of life. Or might just be me. I am mid 30s as well and just graduated. I love that but damn me if I feel like I am just now getting started in life and almost panicking at thinking at how late in life I am and just starting a big boy career. I know that's stupid thinking but tell that to my irrational side of my brain...

All that to say, you don't fit the normal profile of the BSC used up, unintelligent, ex housewife that I think most on here are thinking and talking about. Because those women DO exist and they kinda suck. And not in the good way.

Plus, you know how to fly helicopters. That gets you so many bonus points in most dudes eyes.

100% this. And both of you are among the coolest people on here.
713nervy
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

713nervy said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

This is false.

Numerous studies have shown this. In fact, nearly 70 percent of divorces are initiated by women. This is according to a 2015 research study conducted by the American Sociological Association (ASA) which suggests two-thirds of all divorces are initiated by women. Among college-educated women, this number jumps up to 90%.

How do they define "initiated"?
swimmerbabe11
BenFiasco14 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean, it told me my boyfriend doesn't exist
southernskies
What is our oldest and ever married person on here? I want to hear their story.
JobSecurity
AG
This thread portrays a very different dating app experience for men than anything else I've read on the Internet. The otherwise universal response seems to be that it's all hot garbage
BenFiasco14
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean, it told me my boyfriend doesn't exist

That sounds like a personal problem to me
AggieArchitect04
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

You know someone can "separate" or move out without filing paperwork, yes? Or a couple can make a decision, then only one of them files?

Yes I did know that.
I also know that none of that changes the statistic in question.

I'm not even sure what argument you're trying to make. Are you suggesting that men around the country are moving out and leaving the wife to file? Even if that were true, it still doesn't change the statistic. :shrug:
I am always wrong
Pirate04 said:

You're only 35?? Yeesh
Duncan Idaho
Pirate04 said:

I thought you were a lesbian? Or am I mixing you with someone else?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.