Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

223,749 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aeon-ag
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

So you had the 6"4 ripped guy but dumped him ? Let me guess you weren't happy /

You are just proving my point

These sorts of posts are pretty revealing because they show people's projections and inferences.
TexasRebel
AG
Her definition of tall is probably 5'10" or worse.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

You sound like a man that could benefit from a lot of therapy.
Why? Because he called a spade a spade and the ugly face of the reality he described is something that you don't like or want to confront?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
If you think that no woman over the age of 35 has value, you need therapy too.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

My wife is over 35 and she definitely has value. Its a fluctuating cost that can be tied to half of our net worth and assets.
AliasMan02
AG
Ags4DaWin said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

You sound like a man that could benefit from a lot of therapy.

Why?

Have you found anything I have stated to be inaccurate?

I am genuinely curious why you think that.

What you suggest certainly rings true for some cases but you project an awful lot of specific behaviors and motivations on basically the entire human population.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

That certainly wasn't his point. The point is that broadly put, at the age of 35, a woman's value is in sharp decline. It isn't a wholesale truth.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Feels relevant

chiken
AG
look - can we just draw the line where I, as a 42 year old, fat but adorable single brown, without kids, fall in the line of people that want to bang?
jwoodmd
BenFiasco14 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

BigOil said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

I'm not ugly or damaged. I am picky. At this stage of life, I'm not willing to settle.

Had a friend like that. No issue whatsoever with that mindset. Buuuut, he flipping whined and complained about not finding anyone or dwelling over old flames non stop. Either be picky and shut up, or loosen your tolerances for higher chance of success.

Disney has taught them they deserve a 6"5 ripped millionaire

Don't forget said millionaire should also be responsible for all house and yard work, ontop of his daily workouts, meal prep (to stay ripped), and job that pays millions.

Oh he also has to take care of all vehicle and home maintenance. He also needs to manage all of the finances.
Sounds like you've hooked up with the perfect partner.
jwoodmd
Ag_N_Houston said:

Personally, I think women are their prime in the 32-45 range.
chiken
AG
Ags4DaWin
Ag_N_Houston said:

I did not say she has value.

I was very specifically referring to percieved value.

Men and women place value on certain wualities of the other sex.

Men place value on physical attraction which is closely tied to indicators of fertility.

Fertility and indicators of fertility decline sharply in women at 35.

Women value 1) Competence in their professional and personal luves which is closely tied to the ability to provide for the family and be able to be relied on in the day to day and times of crisis. A man who is successful professionally at 35 is valuable because to be successful professionally you have to be a competent individual. Women find this appealing and valuable.
2) Money- closely tied to ability to provide. Unless you inherited, accumulation of resources to the level a woman would find appealing usually takes 10-15 years.

These two highest values that women place on men increases from 20-35.

The highest value men place on women- indicators of fertility decreases exponentially after 35. couple that with other things women today will usually be tied to at 35- babies from other men, and fertiliry issues if they haven't had kids.

these values are built into our DNA. I am not promoting this or saying that this is good. I am observing its existence in reality.

Men who take on a long term relationship woth a 35+ year old woman are taking on alot of baggage and negative factors that they don't have to deal with if they simply date down in age.

women do not take these things into consideration when they make decisions early in life or when they take their husbands for granted.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ags4DaWin said:

Yeah...you might be able to take the ex in the divorce but good luck finding anything approximating good after.
Know about a half dozen dudes that got kicked in the nuts with a middle age divorce.

About a year later most are dating multiple women in the late 20s to early 30s range and are happy af.

Their biggest problem is that the ex is in a death spiral of trying to cope with the reality of the situation and the instability is bleeding over into the kids home life.

Bottomline is most men I know upgrade with relative ease. As for the exes, it ain't as easy as it looks on tv.
jwoodmd
chiken said:

Ags4DaWin
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Ags4DaWin said:

Yeah...you might be able to take the ex in the divorce but good luck finding anything approximating good after.
Know about a half dozen dudes that got kicked in the nuts with a middle age divorce.

About a year later most are dating multiple women in the late 20s to early 30s range and are happy af.

Their biggest problem is that the ex is in a death spiral of trying to cope with the reality of the situation and the instability is bleeding over into the kids home life.

Bottomline is most men I know upgrade with relative ease. As for the exes, it ain't as easy as it looks on tv.

and then the women resent it when dad brings his upgrade around the house.

****ty because the overwhelming majority of divorces are initiated by women.

so women ovwhelmingly put themselves in this position and responsible for their own unhappiness and then complain about it.

and then you try to educate them and they tell you you need therapy.

I LOVE women.

I care enough to tell them the truth instead of lie and set them up for misery.

and yeah that sounds arrogant. i will admit that.

but i hate the fact that the media and OTHER women have set up this big and spoon feed it to women their entire lives and set them up to be unhappy for life. its not fair and its a disgrace and it infuriates me. and women are responsible for it.
chiken
AG
I just want you to know none of your theories apply to my situation. And I hope you realize that while your broad perspective is true for some, it is not accurate for everyone.

And you look like an ass when you assume the worst in every situation.

Arent you a therapist??
Ags4DaWin
I am not.

Also, I realize this does not apply to everyone. I have had my own relationship difficulties All of which i still continue to learn from. I am nowhere near perfect.

I don't know everything and I know I can come across as an ass sometimes.

I am sorry for that.
Hydrocele_aggie
The wall is undefeated
Hydrocele_aggie
AliasMan02 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

These sorts of posts are pretty revealing because they show people's projections and inferences.

How so when majority of divorces as stated are started by women where the basic reason was they weren't happy anymore .?.it's common knowledge
Hagen95
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

How so when majority of divorces as stated are started by women where the basic reason was they weren't happy anymore .?.it's common knowledge
While a factual statement, many of the divorces I have seen are because the women weren't happy any more because the man was sleeping with other women.
Hydrocele_aggie
Hagen95 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

While a factual statement, many of the divorces I have seen are because the women weren't happy any more because the man was sleeping with other women.

That tends to happen when the woman gets fat and stops giving regular sex
713nervy
AG
Lol this guy

Keep your "realism" to yourself; it makes other people feel like sh/t and that's not helping anyone.
713nervy
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

This is false.

The majority of divorce decrees are FILED by women. This does NOT mean that the divorce was initiated / desired / sought by the wife. It just means that the woman was the one to do the work. And "is no longer happy" is not one of the 7 options you check when filing for divorce, FYI. So maybe not exactly "common knowledge." Kthx
BenFiasco14
AG
This is an awesome thread. Props to OP.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
OasisMan
AG
The generalities being thrown are spot on

https://igotstandardsbro.com/
Post removed:
by user
GIF Reactor
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

Hagen95 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

That tends to happen when the woman gets fat and stops giving regular sex
The AND statement here is interesting.
Ryan34
AG
Best GB thread in a while. Enjoy the lonely, miserable life ladies.
Pirate04
AG
Eff it.
EFE
AG
Ryan34 said:

Best GB thread in a while. Enjoy the lonely, miserable life ladies.
Look at what the cat threw up!
AggieArchitect04
AG
713nervy said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

This is false.

The majority of divorce decrees are FILED by women. This does NOT mean that the divorce was initiated / desired / sought by the wife. It just means that the woman was the one to do the work. And "is no longer happy" is not one of the 7 options you check when filing for divorce, FYI. So maybe not exactly "common knowledge." Kthx
First off, you don't file a decree - the decree is the final order of the divorce.

Petitions on the other hand are filed with the court and served on the other party of the suit. If one is filing it (which costs money and usually an attorney) it stands to reason they are also the one initiating, desiring, seeking out the divorce.

Statistically, more women are filing the petitions. Ipso facto - they are the ones initiating the divorce.
DeangeloVickers
AG
OasisMan said:

The generalities being thrown are spot on

https://igotstandardsbro.com/
Whoever made this website deserves an award!
GAC06
AG
I can only speak for myself but the facts being posted here aren't to make women feel bad, it's to inform men and women, young and old. I didn't create our species and I didn't make men attracted to young women or women attracted to older men. It just is that way.
swimmerbabe11
AggieArchitect04 said:

713nervy said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

This is false.

First off, you don't file a decree - the decree is the final order of the divorce.

Petitions on the other hand are filed with the court and served on the other party of the suit. If one is filing it (which costs money and usually an attorney) it stands to reason they are also the one initiating, desiring, seeking out the divorce.

Statistically, more women are filing the petitions. Ipso facto - they are the ones initiating the divorce.

It looks like you were so busy "well actually'ing" Nervy about the semantics, that you didn't actually absorb the point of her post.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.