Why is dating after 35 such a beating?

223,754 Views | 1575 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aeon-ag
Green2Maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just took out the cross street information.
Green2Maroon
AG
Have you dated anyone since you've been up here?
Uncle Howdy
S
Green2Maroon
AG
Well she wanted some kind of proof here...
infinity ag
Are you crazy?
You want to deal with BSC all over again??
Teacher_Ag
AG
I always look back and am grateful toward college me for meeting the Mrs while at A&M. I feel like that was the best hunting ground I'd ever have and if I hadn't made use of it I'd have had a much harder time finding someone perfect (for me). Bonus is that I have a helper in the Aggie indoctrination of our offspring.
Eliminatus
AG
It is definitely more different than early 20s. I think because there is so much more expectation now. Or maybe self conscious.

It's easier when everyone is young and dumb and just trying to lay down pipe/get piped. Now there is stuff like careers, mortgages, kids, "what does this mean now" kind of garbage getting in the way. It really is that simple I think.

Plus trying to find a woman with no kids by this age is hard in most urban areas. Not saying kids are a deal breaker, but also, they kinda are for most. Even if they won't admit it.
GAC06
AG
Solution: don't look for women your age
Green2Maroon
AG
In Denver there are a lot of single women in their 30s. Many also have better jobs and make more money than many of us guys do with the same education and a similar background.
Wicked Good Ag
TexasAggie81 said:

vmiaptetr said:

I can set you up with my 38 year old SIL. She's legitimately hot. Not just in the forbidden fruit type of way.

EDiT: meant to quote OP.

I'll set you up with my 28-year-old if you live in Dallas. She has all the essentials, a great job, a dog, a house, a fancy car, and a good social life . But … she's a Longhorn (twice) and a lot like her mom (which means she can be a real ***** at times). Thoughts?
You are pimping out the daughter on Texags General Board

hmm

do we even ask about rule 1?
Eliminatus
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

TexasAggie81 said:

vmiaptetr said:

I can set you up with my 38 year old SIL. She's legitimately hot. Not just in the forbidden fruit type of way.

I'll set you up with my 28-year-old if you live in Dallas. She has all the essentials, a great job, a dog, a house, a fancy car, and a good social life . But … she's a Longhorn (twice) and a lot like her mom (which means she can be a real ***** at times). Thoughts?

hmm

Yes, yes we do. Considering I just moved to Dallas. Like, today.
Sea Speed
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

TexasAggie81 said:

vmiaptetr said:

hmm

You know, an OB poster once did the same for his daughter and that is how one of the very first texags babies was born.
OasisMan
AG
Sexual Market Value

Keep your head up Kings
BigOil
AG
Ag_N_Houston said:

I'm not ugly or damaged. I am picky. At this stage of life, I'm not willing to settle.

Had a friend like that. No issue whatsoever with that mindset. Buuuut, he flipping whined and complained about not finding anyone or dwelling over old flames non stop. Either be picky and shut up, or loosen your tolerances for higher chance of success.
Sea Speed
AG
Id like to loosen her tolerances IYKWIM
Sea Speed
AG
Just kidding I'm happily married
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
This is like the chart wbt posted yesterday that staph deleted, except this one starts at 15 years old instead of 10, which I guess is a slight improvement.
jmm
713nervy said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

It sucks.
Why does it have to suck?

I'm about a year away from reentering the dating pool and I'll be 37. I'm dreading it very, very, very much.

It sucks because people don't know what they want, or they have a lot of unresolved sh/t that they've failed to / refused to deal with which makes them infuriating or hella f/cking annoying,

Understand waiting for a specified time period to enter the dating pool. In the meantime, for company, do you have a pet rabbit?
Stat Monitor Repairman

24 second visual representation of dating after 35.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

This is like the chart wbt posted yesterday that staph deleted, except this one starts at 15 years old instead of 10, which I guess is a slight improvement.
Unless you're a man in their mid-40's ... who apparently have the same SMV as a 15 year old girl.

^That's a bitter pill right there.
Hydrocele_aggie
BigOil said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

I'm not ugly or damaged. I am picky. At this stage of life, I'm not willing to settle.

Had a friend like that. No issue whatsoever with that mindset. Buuuut, he flipping whined and complained about not finding anyone or dwelling over old flames non stop. Either be picky and shut up, or loosen your tolerances for higher chance of success.

Disney has taught them they deserve a 6"5 ripped millionaire
Ag_N_Houston
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

BigOil said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

Don't forget said millionaire should also be responsible for all house and yard work, ontop of his daily workouts, meal prep (to stay ripped), and job that pays millions.

Oh he also has to take care of all vehicle and home maintenance. He also needs to manage all of the finances.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ags4DaWin
Ag_N_Houston said:

Hydrocele_aggie said:

BigOil said:

Ag_N_Houston said:

My last boyfriend was 6'4" and ripped. He was not a millionaire.

And yet he was not good enough to marry.
You think you are proving us wrong.
You are just proving us right.

A woman's social value goes down after 30 and exponentially down after 35. So a woman over 35 either has to stay single, settle, or loosen her standards.

All the good men in the 35+ dating pool are either married or flush with tail from dating 20 year olds. They can do this because their social value is high. As a group they don't need or want a 35 year old woman because she brings nothing to the table.
chiken
AG
Dont be a dick. She didnt choose to break up with him.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
When did I say he wasn't good enough to marry? I still think he's a great person. There were factors that lead to us breaking up that had nothing to do with either of us not being good enough. You need to lighten up, Nancy.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
chiken said:

Dont be a dick. She didnt choose to break up with him.

Thanks Chiken.
Ags4DaWin
Being a realist is not being a dick.

And that is the other half of my point.

women 35+ have a difficult way of it and noone warns them what a single 35 ywar old woman struggles with, especially the media who glorifies it in shows like Sex and the City. and this leads women to making ****ty decisions in their 20's and 30's the two biggest- dating ******bags and valuing scumbags, the second of which is not properly cultivating their relationship with their husband during marriage.

The reality is that male value goes up as we age because the pool of good males decreases as we are taken off the market by marriage, and death.

so even a mediocre male above 35 is valuable. a mediocre woman with kids is bottom of the barrel. a high powered woman over 35 will not value the men who are available because they are likely less professionally successful amd professionally successful is not as appealing or valuable to a man as a 25 year old with perky tits.

women should think twice before divorcing and/or letting themselves go.

because the reality is that the relationship world for them gets harder after 35.

For guys my advice is not to settle at 20 because ur value only skyrockets as you hit 30 and 35. then at that point you get your pick. so work on yourself 20-30...date sporadically and watch the opportunities increase when you hit 30.

for women my advice is to not be so foolish in your 20's dating ******bags. at 20 be picky and once you get a guy value and cultivate the relationship instead of turning into a shrew 5-10 years in.

Yeah...you might be able to take the ex in the divorce but good luck finding anything approximating good after.

and life gets awfully lonely when your 55 and single and your kids have their own thing going on.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
You sound like a man that could benefit from a lot of therapy.
Hydrocele_aggie
So you had the 6"4 ripped guy but dumped him ? Let me guess you weren't happy /

You are just proving my point
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
AliasMan02
AG
Why do lurkers come out on threads like this to try and pile on.

Also, lots of people showing their ass on this thread. Can confirm ANH keeps it tight.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Y'all overthink this **** way too much. You don't need charts and theories. You're hot, I'm hot, let's bang. That's it.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Hydrocele_aggie said:

So you had the 6"4 ripped guy but dumped him ? Let me guess you weren't happy /

You are just proving my point

I work with / know of exactly one hot, single, never married, no kids woman over the age of 35. Problem is she's picky and wants a tall, hot, successful, never married, no kids, Baptist that's around 40. She still wants kids and doesn't want to be a "mom" to anyone else sex trophies.

What she and her tight little ass can't seem to comprehend is that any man that meets those criteria isn't looking for a hot 38 year old, he's looking for a hot 30 year old.

She's a never driven 2010 Porsche sitting on the lot next to 2022 models wondering why no one wants to spend new money on out dated tech.
Ags4DaWin
Ag_N_Houston said:

You sound like a man that could benefit from a lot of therapy.

Why?

Have you found anything I have stated to be inaccurate?

I am genuinely curious why you think that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.