Scariest movie/scene you saw as a little kid

15,494 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
AggieBand2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4stringAg said:

Chick with a dick holding human head. Sleepaway Camp.

That's Kathy Griffin on Twitter, not a movie. And the head was fake.
Cromagnum
AG
Too soon?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Satellite of Love
Your Mom And Them said:

Red Dawn....great movie, but every time I heard a helicopter overhead I thought it was Russian paratroopers dropping in on us.

Damn was Nam that traumatizing?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Satellite of Love
Jaw freaked me out as a kid enough to where taking a bath was scary. I sat at the back with everything in front of me.

My first was probably House on Haunted Hill (1950s B&W version) at a friend's house. They had a kill surround system that was loud and we watched it at the witching hour!
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
aggiegal99
I'm so glad that several people already mentioned Watcher in the Woods. That was so scary! I probably watched it a dozen times at various slumber parties, and it terrified me every time!
The Dirty Sock
The Dirty Sock said:

Watcher in the woods (chick always appearing in mirrors)
Alice in Wonderland (Jabberwocky)
Never ending story, horse
Chitty chitty bang bang, "candy children, candy"

A few more to add to my list:

Mothman prophecies
The day after
Dark crystal
doctorAg13
AG
The Legend of Boggy Creek bathroom scene. Dude is on the toilet when the creature suddenly reaches through the window at him. Yeah, I'm old.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MR Gadsden
The new taco Bell commercial freaked me out the first time I saw it.
Come Out Roll
AG
The scene from "The Birds" when the mom goes to check in on a friend, and walks on to see him dead with his eyes poked out....
That was scary chit in the very early 70's....
CoppellAg93
AG
Pretty sure it was this one for me ....

THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I've never seen this movie, but I've seen so many clips and parodies I feel like I've seen it
AggieBand2004
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I've never seen this movie, but I've seen so many clips and parodies I feel like I've seen it

I know it's a universal sentiment, but read the book instead
Then read Nos4a2 by Joe Hill, then Doctor Sleep by King
Hwy30East
deadhead aggie said:

snuck intoThe Amityville Horror with my buddy.....never looked out of my window the same way again.....

I read the book in Jr. Highschool and it scared the hell out of me!
oldschool87
AG
I was like 3 or 4 asleep in the backseat at a drive in with my parents. I remember watching butch and Sundance jump off the cliff...

Only thing I remembered...
justcallmeharry
S

Yes, I am that old...
NoahAg
Not "scary" movies but 2 paranoia inducing films I watched too young:

Red Dawn. Started having to look over my shoulder for Russians. Scanning the horizon around my school for attack choppers.

The original Lord of the Flies. Just really freaked me out at 8 years old.

Also, I never saw Children of the Corn but I vividly remember the movie poster w/ the corn field, sickle, and red background. It made me really scared of the vacant lot across the street.
Dad-O-Lot
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Large Marge disturbed me more than it should have.
All I do is Nguyen
Vernada said:

Event Horizon

EOT
YES I loved this movie
No matter what
Alte Schule
Them - Although there were several scenes that frightened me such as the little girl at the beginning walking through the desert in a trance and the two boys trapped in the sewer pipe I think, for me, the most frightening part was where the giant ant came out of the desert nest with the human rib cage, letting it roll down the outside of the nest until the camera froze on a pile of human bones with the missing highway patrolman's pistol belt front and center.

Forbidden Planet was another one with the invisible nightmare beast from the ID stomping around although a young Ann Francis in various states of dress and undress was enough to push the thoughts of a frightened 10 year old aside.
[url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]
All I do is Nguyen
Fire in the sky when he's on the ship scared the piss outta me
No matter what
Rock582
AG
All time scariest were several scenes from Jaws already mentioned here when I was in junior high.

As a little kid I saw The Wizard of Oz on TV and the flying monkeys scared me so bad that I had a nightmare!
Scoopen Skwert
AG
agracer
AG
Aliens...still gives me the heebeejeebees
Cromagnum
AG
This scene in All Dogs Go To Heaven.

AlamoCaTxAg
Post removed:
by user
DR OK
Creature of the Black Lagoon. Couldn't put my legs off bed or end of bed for years
texsn95
AG
This movie when I was 5 or 6.

JoeAggie5
IT - We had a storm drain in front of our house, blood coming out of the sink scene
Candy Man - holy crap i still don't look in the mirror with the lights off
Jaws - went to the beach every summer and still do but as for the water, I will maybe go waist deep for 5 minutes, but that's it
Killer Klowns from Outer Space - gives me the chills just thinking about that
Cabin Fever - makes me almost forget the nude scenes

I think the most disturbing (not as scary) movie that I've seen is The Ring, that was the last scary movie I've seen, I don't watch them anymore.
SEC Champs
AG
Times have changed. My kids get scared when cartoon characters get worried or scared. Nothing like it was in the 80's. WTH were our parents thinking?
Post removed:
by user
ValleyRatAg
AG
My mom made me go to scary movies with her as a little kid. She couldn't stand to watch the scary scenes so she made me watch. I saw almost all of the from 1980 to 1995. I saw Jaws when I was around 5 years old on HBO. That movie messed me up. Like a previous poster I was scared to take a bath. Can't get in the oven without thinking well this is it.

Pet Semetary and that damn scene with Zelda messed me up as well. I'd almost bring my self to a panic every time I opened the door to a room in our house.

Watching Excorcist, Children of the Corn, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Poltergeist, etc had me so scared of the dark I could hit the light switch in my room and be in bed before the light went out.

Reanimator was just sick.

The really messed up part was she let me see all the gore but if a titty popped out shed cover my eyes.
Aggie521
AG
Freddy freakin Kruger! My older brother would tape pencils to his fingers and tap on my door at night. Lot of sleepless nights around that time!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.