Scariest movie/scene you saw as a little kid

15,504 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
SEC Champs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This was a fun topic at dinner last night.

Mine was a b-list Disney movie from the late 50s called "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". There was a scene where a banshee appears in the night and starts wailing and trying to kill Darby. Then it's followed by a "stagecoach of death". Pretty crazy stuff for a kid.

TecRecAg
AG
Not scary but when Wes Hightower drank the worm I remember feeling sick for like a week.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
The Blob. The original, with Steve McQueen. Scarred my 7 year old self for life.
Ghost91
My parents love to brag that they took me with them to see 'The Exorcist' at a drive-in. I was 4.
Two years later they took me with them to see 'Jaws' at the same drive-in.
Vernada
AG
Event Horizon

EOT
Mathguy64
AG
Jaws. The head popping out of the hole in the boat underwater freaked me out. I still do not like being in the surf.
GIF Reactor
AG
90's TV mini series of IT.

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight.
OldAg92
AG
Salem's Lot. That movie scared (and scarred) the crap out of me. I was nine or ten years old, and at 50 I still can't watch it again
GIF Reactor
AG
Vernada said:

Event Horizon

EOT

Did not get the hype for this one.
RebelE91
AG
Friday the 13th, where the guy is laying in bed flat on his back and he gets stabbed through the neck with an arrow. Wouldnt sleep on my back for years.
B-1 83
AG
Flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.
80s Guy
Pretty sure it had to be the home video of the OP's mom having a train run on her by the 1979 Miami Dolphins team
deadhead aggie
AG
snuck intoThe Amityville Horror with my buddy.....never looked out of my window the same way again.....

jkag89
AGinHI
AG

The first time I witnessed the realism of mankind's vicious cruelty towards one another, which eclipsed the fantastic horror of Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet and other such films.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Gomer95
AG
When I was 6 years old my teenage cousins took me to see a monster movie so I'm thinking cool it's like Godzilla or King Kong which I was familiar with and liked but no it was ALIEN. I like the movie a lot now but back then when that alien burst out of that person's chest I was like "what the heck" and I shut my eyes so long I fell asleep lol. At the time I didn't even know movies were capable of that type of stuff! My Mom about killed my cousins lol.
jkag89
Dang, some of you were able to watch some pretty intense movies as little kids.
Gomer95
AG
Lol I wasn't allowed but my cousins circumvented my parents with innocent me haha.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Pretty much the entire exorcism scene in The Exorcist.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Any movie with possessed people crab walking.
SJEAg
AG
Damn clown and the tree in Poltergeist. Horrifying for a 7 year old.
Mr President Elect
AG
Fire in the Sky, growing up in the country where I was in the woods alone as a kid a lot; I would think about that scene and freak myself out.
falconace
Not a movie but a tv show.

We had just moved to Alaska and just gotten our first snow of the year. For some reason my parents let 5 year old me watch rescue 911 with them right before bed. For those that don't remember, rescue 911 re-enacted 911 emergency calls. Sometimes the endings were happy, other times they weren't.

The episode we watched that night was about a family that moved into a new house and then when they slept that night, over half of the family died due to carbon monoxide poisoning. That night I learned that my new house was capable of killing me in my sleep with an invisible odorless killer you couldn't see or detect (home detectors weren't a thing yet). I don't think I slept for days. Every time I was about to drift off, I'd hear the heater kick on and be wide awake again.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Mr President Elect said:

Fire in the Sky, growing up in the country where I was in the woods alone as a kid a lot; I would think about that scene and freak myself out.

That's a good one. Eyes freak me out and the drill going into the eye was bad.
Lex
So I can do slashers and gore all day. That doesnt phase me. But you know what does?

That MFin skin snatchin' Jeepers Creepers. Specifically in 2003(ish) when #2 came out. Dad took me to see it. When that thing licked the window I was out. I was 100% nope. That's the only movie I've ever walked out of.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The kids movie Return to Oz with the wheelers.

Movie started out with Dorothy getting electroshock therapy and was nonstop insanity.
Hwy30East
Yep, and in the second one where the girl has opened up the refrigerator and the head is in there, and Jason grabs her as she screams and jams the ice pick through her temple.
Tanya 93
B-1 83 said:

Flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.
You stole my answer!
Mr President Elect
AG
Yeah that freaked me out. Also the abduction scene as a kid just seemed chilling.
Jack Cheese
AG
- Barnabas Collins in the original Dark Shadows, coming out of his coffin and beating his young servant Willie with his silver-handled cane.

- Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1970s version, when the half-bum, half-dog comes running at the camera.

- I didn't see Alien or The Shining until later when I was in high school but those both have so many great creepy scenes.
Kool
AG
Deliverance. And it's still the scariest and most disturbing thing I've ever seen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swc93
AG
My parents made it a point to drive by the house when we were touring the north east. I was begging them not to stop.

https://allthatsinteresting.com/amityville-horror-house
infinity ag
Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The last scene where people melt. I watched in a movie theater and got nightmares for weeks. I think I was around 10.

The sound effects of "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" made it worse.

AggieRob93
AG
OldAg92 said:

Salem's Lot. That movie scared (and scarred) the crap out of me. I was nine or ten years old, and at 50 I still can't watch it again

Same here. Was around 8 when I first saw it, because I had an older sister who was watching it. I still get freaked out by the scene of the newer vampires crawling slowly across the basement floor, as well as any scene with that version of the dang main vampire.

My older sister and my mom also watched Night Stalker. I can't recall how many times I'd be laying in the floor watching SOME of it as well, pulling either the blanket up over my head for a scene, or having my sister reach out and goose me during either a spooky or high-tension part of the episode. It certainly didn't take much...
Prune Tracy

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.