Scariest movie/scene you saw as a little kid

15,509 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
JP76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
clt4879 said:

Creepy kids are creepy. And don't get me started on Children of the Corn.

My great grandfather farmed and grew corn. We used to play in the corn fields and we would go in there and start acting possessed and yelling Malachi and scare the heck out of the younger cousins and they hadn't even seen the movie.
JP76
jkag89 said:

Dang, some of you were able to watch some pretty intense movies as little kids.

Things were different in the 80's and kids weren't so sheltered like today

AgsMyDude
AG
Twister
Senator Blutarski
AG
Agreed with much of this list. But, the first nightmare I can remember involved an Oompah Loompah.
pdaddy
AG
Exorcist at 7 years old. Older brothers.
PDaddy
Hwy30East
JP76 said:

jkag89 said:

They were really different in the '70's!
Bruce Almighty
AG
The movie didn't scare me, but I had a reoccurring nightmare of falling off a bridge into a fiery pit that probably came from Temple of Doom.
jkag89
Hwy30East said:

JP76 said:

jkag89 said:

They were really different in the '70's!
I'm a kid of the '70s and early '80s, when it came to TV and movies my parents were strict.
Sports-Ag
AG
The last scene of Carrie. I had to be 5-7 years old.

I caught the end while my family was watching it on tv in the living room. I saw the prom scene but in the end when the girl visits the gravesite and Carrie out of nowhere grabs her from the ground and the girls wakes up hysterically screaming and crying. Man, that scared the bajeezus out of me.
bushytailed
AG
B-1 83 said:

Flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.

Freddy Kruger had nothing on the flying monkeys
MooreTrucker
AG
I was an adult at the time not a kid, but the scene in The Omen where the guy is decapitated by a pane of glass and his head rolls along the glass as it slides through freaked me out for DAYS afterwards.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
SJEAg said:

Damn clown and the tree in Poltergeist. Horrifying for a 7 year old.
and F that little lady and her extra creepy voice.
aggiejim70
AG
I'll concede the point it looks mickey mouse now, but when it saw it as a child in the theater, the alien in "This Island Earth" scared the devil out of me.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AgsMnn
AG
Chucky

Scene where he is hiding in the shower
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My dad and my brother used to watch reruns of the old Twilight Zone when I was too young to be watching it and the "Talking Tina" episode with Telly Savalas episode scared me to death. Didn't help my grandmothe had some old dolls up in a room in her house.

I still don't like watching this episode 40 years later.

TX AG 88
AG
Friday the 13th. At the end of the movie when it seems everything is over and the survivor is in the rowboat and Jason pops out of the water behind him/her. Was watching at the neighbor kids house since they had cable. They had watched the movie before, and were standing behind the couch where I was sitting. Both of them shouted as he emerged from the water. Surprised I didn't piss myself.
Law-5L
AG
The Galileo Seven episode of Star Trek. The spears sticking out of crew members gave me nightmares.

Saw Jaws when I was 12. The blood boiling to the surface from the Kintner boy attack almost made me pass out.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
The original Night of the Living Dead when I was about 9 years old. An older cousin drove us to the drive-in. He convinced me that chit was really happening in certain parts of the country. I slept with my bat that night.
Cromagnum
AG
4 year old Cromagnun about lost his **** at the end of this episode of Punky Brewster (last 20 seconds)

https://www.nbc.com/punky-brewster/video/perils-of-punky/3648390
rambo_99
The Child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang left a mark
SEC Champs
AG
I forgot about The Dark Crystal. No parent thought the creator of Sesame Street and the Muppets would've made a movie that was scary for little kids. So they let us watch scenes like this...

AlAggie
AG
American Werewolf in London. The attack scene in the beginning and its aftermath, and the scene with one of the guys laying in the hospital bed out in the woods. We left the theater after that. Still scarred 30 plus years later.
wheelz
AG
Halloween
The Thing
Jaws
Mothman Prophecies (watch the YouTube documentary before you watch the movie)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)
wheelz
AG
AlAggie said:

American Werewolf in London. The attack scene in the beginning and its aftermath, and the scene with one of the guys laying in the hospital bed out in the woods. We left the theater after that. Still scarred 30 plus years later.

This is the best Werewolf movie I have ever seen.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
New World Ag said:

70's TV movie, Gargoyles. Scared the crap out of my 9 year old self.

Yep, caught this on a random Saturday Afternoon movie and it freaked me the f out. This scene stuck with me for years:

Salem's Lot:

but the scariest scene for me was when I was hiding in the hallway so my dad didn't catch me peeking around and watching Alien with him in the living room. Then, this scene came and I was out of there:

MouthBQ98
AG
Alien. A babysitter let me watch it on cable one night when I was a little kid, maybe 4 years old. I imagine they though I didn't understand it, but I understood it damn well. Watching that thing bust out of that dude's chest on the table, then all the characters get stalked in the dark by it...nightmares for years.
Bruce Almighty
AG
wheelz said:

AlAggie said:

This is the best Werewolf movie I have ever seen.

It's kinda like being the tallest midget. That and Teen Wolf are the only ones I've seen that are any good.
MooreTrucker
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Alien. A babysitter let me watch it on cable one night when I was a little kid, maybe 4 years old. I imagine they though I didn't understand it, but I understood it damn well. Watching that thing bust out of that dude's chest on the table, then all the characters get stalked in the dark by it...nightmares for years.
One of my favorite movie-making stories of all time, that the other cast members didn't know it was coming so the reactions were real.
OCEN99
AG

I blame being like 4 when I saw it.
SEC Champs
AG
Secret of Nimh owl scene was another good one.

agz win
AG

Lived on a lake in similar sunset setting of the movie scenes and seeing this gave me, and my wild imagination, nightmares for years.
TequilaMockingbird
The first movie I can remember scaring me was The Mummy's Hand. I stayed up and watched it with my older brother. Didn't sleep that night.
AggieBand2004
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

You weren't the only one to get scared by the chestburster scene
https://www.thethings.com/the-surprising-story-behind-the-infamous-chestburster-scene-from-alien/
MooreTrucker
AG
Told ya.....
AggieBand2004
AG
Missed your response, my bad. But definitely a cool movie making story

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.