Scariest movie/scene you saw as a little kid

15,507 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
ToddyHill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Jaws. The head popping out of the hole in the boat underwater freaked me out. I still do not like being in the surf.
Oh my gosh...I was a junior in high school when I saw Jaws. I literally screamed watching that scene.
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Can not believe this is what you picked! I remember seeing that movie and that scene when I was a wee lad and the fam went to a drive in near Pgh. Scared the whatever outta me! Nowadays when people ask me about horror movies I tell them i don't watch them EVER and why.
FJB
The Dirty Sock
Watcher in the woods (chick always appearing in mirrors)
Alice in Wonderland (Jabberwocky)
Never ending story, horse
Chitty chitty bang bang, "candy children, candy"
Cramp00
AGinHI said:

The first time I witnessed the realism of mankind's vicious cruelty towards one another, which eclipsed the fantastic horror of Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elmstreet and other such films.

This one pissed me off something fierce when I learned that it's 100% fiction that prisoners were forced to play russian roulette. Vietnam War was bad enough without making crap up.
toolshed
AG
I forgot about old Darby! I watched that a few times as a kid, can't recall when or where.
Cromagnum
AG
RebelE91 said:

Friday the 13th, where the guy is laying in bed flat on his back and he gets stabbed through the neck with an arrow. Wouldnt sleep on my back for years.

That was Kevin Bacon.
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
Large Marge.
BaitShack
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE

Agasaurus Tex
AG
OldAg92 said:

Salem's Lot. That movie scared (and scarred) the crap out of me. I was nine or ten years old, and at 50 I still can't watch it again
You should read the book. If you thought the movie was scary.....
JABQ04
AG
First time I watched Lonesome Dove with my parents. (1989/1990) and the scene where the Irish kid gets bit by like 20 water moccasins, and especially the scene where it bites him in the face. **** that! I'm 39 and that scene still gives me shivers
Mayor West
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Gomer95
AG
LOL what is that from?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
the x files
CaddoAggie96
AG
That rat scene from V.

Yep tore me up.
Hagen95
AG
Alien
Jaws
clt4879
Pet Sematary. That little boy coming back after getting hit by the truck. F that.
AggieBand2004
AG
The face-melting scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark
And this guy
Your Mom And Them
Red Dawn....great movie, but every time I heard a helicopter overhead I thought it was Russian paratroopers dropping in on us.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
clt4879 said:

Pet Sematary. That little boy coming back after getting hit by the truck. F that.

Gabe was cheesy. Zelda was the problem.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
clt4879
Creepy kids are creepy. And don't get me started on Children of the Corn.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
I watched Shogun when I was in grade school and there is a scene where they were boiling people alive. I was haunted for years by that scene, worse than any horror film.
videoag98
AG
TexasAggie73
AG
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

The Blob. The original, with Steve McQueen. Scarred my 7 year old self for life.
I was going to say that. Had to walk home in the dark after the movie. Saw in in a small theater in a small west Texas town.
Krazykat
AG
The Exorcist with the girl's head spinning around and the projectile vomitting.
Al Bula
AG
IT for sure.

Those damn Wheelers in Return to Oz were scary too.
AG
My brother showed me the original Creepshow movie when I was little. The 4th short story called The Crate gave me night mares for awhile after seeing the monster in the movie.
The Kraken
AG
70's TV movie, Gargoyles. Scared the crap out of my 9 year old self.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
birdman
Mathguy64 said:

Jaws. The head popping out of the hole in the boat underwater freaked me out. I still do not like being in the surf.

You saved me from typing it. Scene still scares the hell out of me and I know it's coming.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
VikingNik
AG
Killer clowns from outer space.
AW96
AG
I have 3 that immediately came to mind.

In second grade I attended a slumber party and after a fun night of Atari and a Moonwalk, her mom put on Watcher in the Woods to watch in our sleeping bags in the dark before going to sleep. What was she thinking??? I just rewatched the trailer and I still can't believe this was a Disney movie. Creeped me out!

The next is Poltergeist which I'm sure many people my age would agree on. Saw it on cable at neighbor's house when I was 8 or 9.

Lastly, the freaky sequel for Wizard of Oz was too dang weird and creeped me out. The evil witch with the glass cases full of heads she would change out, Dorothy getting shocked, and those roller monkey dudes are just some of the creepy things in this movie.
JP76
Poltergeist in 1983 on HBO

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.