Scariest movie/scene you saw as a little kid

15,510 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
dcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There was some movie where these little creatures lived under the stairs and the last scene is where they grab the Dad that lived in the house and they were dragging him kicking and screaming under the stairs.

91_Aggie
AG
OldAg92 said:

Salem's Lot. That movie scared (and scarred) the crap out of me. I was nine or ten years old, and at 50 I still can't watch it again

O
I would never open the curtains on my bedroom window for fear of seeing a floating vampire kid outside.
91_Aggie
AG
Sports-Ag said:

The last scene of Carrie. I had to be 5-7 years old.

I caught the end while my family was watching it on tv in the living room. I saw the prom scene but in the end when the girl visits the gravesite and Carrie out of nowhere grabs her from the ground and the girls wakes up hysterically screaming and crying. Man, that scared the bajeezus out of me.

Ooohh

This one, too. That dammed hand coming out of the ground!!!
Rutedown
The Exorcist. Just the voice itself was enough to frighten me
Doctor Rosenrosen
AG
Rutedown said:

The Exorcist. Just the voice itself was enough to frighten me
scariest part for me was when she was going through all those medical tests, because it was just a little girl and not the demon
jkag89
One summer in the latter '70s they rereleased The Exorcist (not uncommon in an age before VCRs), the TV and even the radio ads scared the crap out of me as a kid. I'd fall to sleep listening to the Astros playing on the west coast to be awaken out of a dead sleep by Tubular Bells. That music still gives me the creeps.
Biz Ag
AG
The demise of Harry Dean Stanton's character in Alien while searching for his cat Jones was pretty intense.
TX_COWDOC
AG
OldAg92 said:

Salem's Lot. That movie scared (and scarred) the crap out of me. I was nine or ten years old, and at 50 I still can't watch it again
THIS. The floating vampire in the fog scratching the glass windows still freaks me out.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Bruce Almighty
AG
dcAg said:

There was some movie where these little creatures lived under the stairs and the last scene is where they grab the Dad that lived in the house and they were dragging him kicking and screaming under the stairs.

The People Under the Stairs?
Senator Blutarski
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

SJEAg said:

Damn clown and the tree in Poltergeist. Horrifying for a 7 year old.
and F that little lady and her extra creepy voice.
"This house . . . is clean!"
30wedge
There was a movie called "Pyro" that came out in the 60's and it was about a guy who got disfigured in a fire. Went to see it with a friend of mine then spent the night at his house. That damn movie scared the hell out of me. I wet the bed! And was like 10 years old, lol
Hamburger Dan
Alfred Hitchcock, The Birds, circa early 60's. When your 5-6 years old- It's not hard to imagine a flock of birds tearing off your flesh and pecking your eyes.
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
Hamburger Dan said:

Alfred Hitchcock, The Birds, circa early 60's. When your 5-6 years old- It's not hard to imagine a flock of birds tearing off your flesh and pecking your eyes.

I loved that movie as a kid. I would get really excited anytime I'd see a large gathering of birds, just waiting for them to start attacking people.
C1NRB
AG
jkag89 said:

One summer in the latter '70s they rereleased The Exorcist (not uncommon in an age before VCRs), the TV and even the radio ads scared the crap out of me as a kid.

"In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy always gave me the creeps. There was one about Africanized killer bees that really got to me; then a movie called "The Swarm" started being advertised. I wouldn't go outside for months.
dcAg
Bruce Almighty,
The movie I saw was from the 70s. Couldnt find any info about it.
CajunAg97
AG
OldAg92 said:

Same here, this scared me for life
In my experience, there's no such thing as luck.
Stat Monitor Repairman
C1NRB said:

jkag89 said:

One summer in the latter '70s they rereleased The Exorcist (not uncommon in an age before VCRs), the TV and even the radio ads scared the crap out of me as a kid.

"In Search Of" narrated by Leonard Nimoy always gave me the creeps. There was one about Africanized killer bees that really got to me; then a movie called "The Swarm" started being advertised. I wouldn't go outside for months.
Lol, in the 80s, 'Africanized Killer Bees' were hyped up like today's global warming.

I remember watching the local news with my grandparents where they would talk about killer bees migrating north to Texas from Mexico. The newscasters would shift their voices to solemn and serious tones. They would have graphics and maps with arrows showing were the bees were and where they were headed.

Nearly scared my poor grandmother to death worrying about them damn bees.

Its 2021... where are the bees?
MR Gadsden
clt4879 said:

Creepy kids are creepy. And don't get me started on Children of the Corn.

Children of the corn was my answer. I remember years later driving through some corn fields near lake Mathis and I had a flashback to that movie. Freaked me out. I got chills thinking about it. I hate watching evil kids.
gggmann
AG
Dark Night of the Scarecrow - made for tv movie that came out when I was six.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I know Blair Witch gets trashed by a lot of people but that last scene was creepy AF
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
I was working on a ranch down in Dilley a couple years ago and there were some old rail cars and semi trailers and a bunch of other junk we were hauling off of the place. One of the semi trailers had a huge beehive under it that were Africanized, they're all over South Texas. We disturbed the hive and my brother and I got stung a few times and we hauled ass with all these bees chasing us. There were some roofers working on one of the houses out there, and we ran by them while we were swatting at the bees and cussing, and they were laughing their asses off. After a while we stopped, and turned around and all the roofers were up on the roof swatting and cussing because the bees directed their attention towards them, and we started laughing our asses off.

Unfortunately, they got the ranch owner pretty good, he got stung on his face and head a few hundred times and he had to go the hospital, but he ended up being alright.

Next day we built a big bonfire, picked up the trailer with an excavator, and dropped the hive onto the fire and got rid of all the bees.

Another time I was working down in Harlingen and two guys were tearing down an old fence and building a new one and they got swarmed and both ended up in the hospital.
SockDePot
Nuke scene in the park in terminator 2, was definitely way to young for that one.

I still occasionally have this nightmare.

Swarely
I knew a guy in Mission who was mowing his yard and his lawn mower pissed off a hive. They swarmed him and his dog, killing both. I'm still haunted by his daughters Facebook status after that happened.
citizenkane06
AG
Maybe not the scariest movie, but the scariest scene childhood me remembers is the ear parasites burrowing in from Wrath of Khan.
Builder93
AG
As a child in the 70's, we would watch the old black and white " Attack of the giant_____" movies. To make it more terrifying as a year old, we would watch them in a friend's basement near the scary furnace. I remember snails, spiders, etc.

Of course, "The Blob" was the ultimate.
Aggie94
AG
Everyone bringing up Jaws and the head in the boat, but the scene that scarred me was this:

I don't go in the ocean, ever.
Shakes the Clown
CajunAg97 said:

OldAg92 said:

Same here, this scared me for life
This.

And the Exorcist...
SEC Champs
AG
Blue star for building a bonfire.
jm94
AG
When I was 7, my mom took me to see a movie called Time After Time.. The premise was that Jack the Ripper used H.G. Wells's time machine to travel to modern day, and Wells followed to stop him.

Holy crap. Hanged women. Dismembered women. I had nightmares for weeks that I would lose my mom to something like that.
Macarthur
The Elephant Man scared the crap out of me.
AnScAggie
AG
Day of the Animals. I was six when I saw it and now I'm nearly 50, I still can't get in a Polaris or ranch truck without checking to make sure I don't sit on a bunch of rattlesnakes.
Caesar4
AG
I remember watching a psycho-drama TV mini-series in the late 70s called "The Dark Secret of Harvest Home". That was quite disturbing.
RogueAg
AG
The gremlin on the airplane wing... from Twilight Zone the movie. Specifically the part where he pulls up the shade and the gremlin is right at the window.

Couldn't sleep that night.
SJEAg
AG
RogueAg said:

The gremlin on the airplane wing... from Twilight Zone the movie. Specifically the part where he pulls up the shade and the gremlin is right at the window.

Couldn't sleep that night.

Good one - doesn't help that Lithgow's face/eyeballs go all crazy for a frame that screws you up subliminally.
4stringAg
AG
Chick with a dick holding human head. Sleepaway Camp.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.