Bringing your dog inside Home Depot

20,487 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Baby Billy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
goodAg80
AG
third coast.. said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

I have a pretty simple solution to all this.

Don't shop at Home Depot if you don't agree with their store policy.
Or people could stop bringing misbehaving dogs that cause problems before they are asked to leave and then scream discrimination.

So are you against all dogs visiting home depot or just misbehaving dogs?
No

Actual service dogs that are for a medical purpose are needed.

But no one needs to bring their pet to go shopping.
noone needs to post on this messageboard either yet here we are.
I am not a dog.
boboguitar
AG
goodAg80 said:

third coast.. said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

I have a pretty simple solution to all this.

Don't shop at Home Depot if you don't agree with their store policy.
Or people could stop bringing misbehaving dogs that cause problems before they are asked to leave and then scream discrimination.

So are you against all dogs visiting home depot or just misbehaving dogs?
No

Actual service dogs that are for a medical purpose are needed.

But no one needs to bring their pet to go shopping.
noone needs to post on this messageboard either yet here we are.
I am not a dog.

Let's be real, if my dog could post, he'd be a board favorite.
Cromagnum
AG
ehrmantraut said:

She must have mistaken turd immunity for herd immunity.
62strat
AG
1939 said:

62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

Why can't they leave them at home?
what if you're gone for many hours? Pain to have to break up your errands to go let the dog out.
Fido will be ok in the back yard for a few hours. For thousands of years dogs lived outside, now they apparently die immediately if they don't have central air conditioning.
I've had 2 neighbors on my street lose their dog to coyotes in their backyard. That is no joke. One being a ~25 pounder.

Also.. it can get pretty cold here. -20 sometimes..
bmks270
AG
There were at least 3 dogs on my last flight, and one was a huge white lab, not a lap dog.

Dogs everywhere is out of hand in my opinion.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
How dare you tell a dog mom what's appropriate for her fur babies.
Burdizzo
AG
Taking your dog to a hardware store is one thing.

But what is up with having a lap dog while driving? That always looks unsafe to me.
RGV AG
AG
What gets lost in all of this is just some common sense, which is in short supply in today's world. There are some dogs that you can damm near take anywhere as they are calm, behaved, trained, and will act just fine. The best kind are the ones that folks don't even know are there.

We had a wiener, only one we ever had, that I think is the best dog I have been around in terms of companionship and ease of travel. She went with me to 5 countries and probably 20 states over the course of her 18 or 19 year old life. I am not sure exactly how old she ended up being as I found her and she was already mature and vets all said a year to two. I had her for 17 years.

When we lived in Central America, I would take her to the supermarket, bank, work, etc. with me and very few people ever noticed she was even there. When I traveled by air I got to where I didn't even pay the in-cabin fee as nobody really ever checked it back then. She was very well behaved and low key, unless there was obvious chicken involved and then she did suffer from a marked personality change.

I could take Maggie anywhere in her carrier and folks didn't even know it. She went lots of places she wasn't supposed to, and that is on me I guess and my utter contempt for authority. But I maybe got called out a couple of times in bars, and that was it.

We now have another dog I found, I can't take that mean wench anywhere, she has the personality of a rabid warthog unless she is at home with me. Sweet as can be, until she sees another living being that she does not know well. I wouldn't take her to the neighbors yard.
Shakes the Clown
Cromagnum said:

ehrmantraut said:

W
T
F
!!
62strat
AG
I'm always weary of videos like this being staged.. why was there a reason to be filming her in the first place?
Aggie
AG
Saw two dogs inside Dillard's yesterday

Unreal
Aggie
AG
62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

what if you're gone for many hours? Pain to have to break up your errands to go let the dog out.

Believe it or not.. dogs can stay outside .. permanently

I don't have dogs bow but did growing up.. never once did a dog come inside the house.
62strat
AG
Aggie said:

62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I don't have dogs bow but did growing up.. never once did a dog come inside the house.
not where I live.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Currently stuck on tarmac with some selfish ******* and their dog. Wishing I was at Home Depot with this selfish *******.
histag10
AG
62strat said:

Aggie said:

62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

not where I live.

I mean, technically there are certain breeds that are capable of staying outdoors in your climate. A yorkie? No. A huskie? Yes.
62strat
AG
histag10 said:

62strat said:

Aggie said:

62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

not where I live.

I mean, technically there are certain breeds that are capable of staying outdoors in your climate. A yorkie? No. A huskie? Yes.
Ok, so all dogs but Huskies are allowed in HD? Any other exceptions that should be added to the list?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
How do we feel about yip yap dogs in the liquor store?
CDub06
AG
Went to a bbq place in Corpus during the Christmas break and some lady had her leashed cat on the patio. Y'all got to chill with your pets.
Baby Billy
AG
I had clients bring their dog into my office for their appointment yesterday...Didn't even bother to ask.
62strat
AG
ehrmantraut said:

I had clients bring their dog into my office for their appointment yesterday...Didn't even bother to ask.
You're obviously not a Veterinarian.
Shoefly!
AG
I went into the HD by my house last week and saw a fellow come in with 4 dogs, possible terrier types. He was wearing a Vietnam veterans baseball cap. I dont know if he was walking the dogs for pay, but 4 damn dogs is overkill.
The one thing I would be worried about is if my pooch were to attack another person or pet outside of my homestead. I just don't want the hassle.
NoahAg
RGV AG said:

When we lived in Central America, I would take her to the supermarket, bank, work, etc. with me and very few people ever noticed she was even there. When I traveled by air I got to where I didn't even pay the in-cabin fee as nobody really ever checked it back then. She was very well behaved and low key, unless there was obvious chicken involved and then she did suffer from a marked personality change.

A lot of stuff flies in 3rd world countries. Doesn't mean it should be acceptable in a civilized nation.
boboguitar
AG
Such a good boy
DuncanLEO
I'd rather navigate a dog (who gets out of the way when someone is coming) and it's urine than all of the wide bodies who huff and puff their way down the aisles.
TyHolden
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

Cromagnum said:

ehrmantraut said:

W
T
F
!!
gotta be Cali
Carlo4
AG
We tried to bring our dog into home depot for the first time last weekend. We went in near the lumber and all the sawdust made her sneeze like crazy.

We decided to give her a few minutes and went in another entrance with no issue. Still unexpectedly funny as her sneezes show up on the Richter scale.
boboguitar
AG
Not only does he do woodworking, he also codes!
Post removed:
by user
boboguitar
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

But is your dog wearing a mask inside HD?
He's vaccinated.
Kevin83
I take my dawg Carlos all the time to Home Depot for supplies
rwtxag83
AG
Wolfpac 08 said:

I don't take my dog when I'm just going to Home Depot, but there's a PetSmart right next door to our HD, so I'll take him there from time to time. And if I remember I need something from HD while we're at PS, I'll take him in.

It's not bc I worry about him in the car, it's bc I worry about some crazy Karen breaking my window and calling PETA.

If that was my dog, his name would be Reddog
lb3
AG
Our dogs work with disabled kids but COVID shut that down so we've taken our newest dog shopping with us to help socialize her.
tandy miller
AG
Dogs
Oldfart2
third coast.. said:

My HD has a massive no pets sign out front so I reckon they got tired of cleaning up piss and said screw it. I took my dog there as a puppy when I was trying to get him acclimated to new places with sensory overload. Stayed in the cart, no peeing.
You....or the dog??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.