Bringing your dog inside Home Depot

20,096 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kevmiller said:

Not sure when as a society it was decided to let dogs go anywhere but it has gotten ridiculous
A dog is not a person.
You don't need take your dog inside a store

I'd rather see dogs in stores than babies or toddlers
Builder93
AG
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

mrad85 said:

If your Home Depot is like mine, any dog you may bring into the store is probably smarter than any of the folks working there.

But I have yet to see an employee pee on the floor on the irrigation aisle.

You're shopping at the wrong Home Depot.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
histag10 said:

lotsofhp said:

The dog stuff has gotten way out of hand. I dated a girl who had to take her 3 dogs everywhere. It was annoying as hell. I just want to run to Home Depot, I don't feel like loading up all the dogs, bringing their **** bags, getting hair all over the car, etc.

Now I'm married and my sister in law who's in her mid 20s living in Dallas bought a goldendodle or whatever it's called and so the rest of the family is constantly being inconvenienced with that thing. It's a good dog and everything, and it's not a big enough deal to make a stand on, but it's annoying to me having that dog in my house every time she comes down to visit. It makes the house smell.

I ate at a bbq place the other day and a girl brought her dog. When she got her food, she took the tray it came on, filled it with water and let the dog drink off the tray. Gross.

And don't compare your dog to a child. That's ridiculous.

We have a no pets in our house policy. Our dogs are outside dogs. If you come to visit, your dogs will be outside dogs too for the duration of your stay. Or you could pay to board them somewhere else.
This is just as bad (IMO) as taking your dog everywhere. Why even have a dog if it stays outside the whole time? It's not a ****ing cat.
lotsofhp
AG
In these situations the pet owner will go outside and play with the dog.

There was a time where people said "a dog needs a big yard to run around and play and be a dog in!!"

Somehow, over the years, a person keeping a dog in an apparent is now considered the more humane owner over someone with a 5 acre lot where the dogs stay outside.
Tanya 93
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

histag10 said:

lotsofhp said:

The dog stuff has gotten way out of hand. I dated a girl who had to take her 3 dogs everywhere. It was annoying as hell. I just want to run to Home Depot, I don't feel like loading up all the dogs, bringing their **** bags, getting hair all over the car, etc.

Now I'm married and my sister in law who's in her mid 20s living in Dallas bought a goldendodle or whatever it's called and so the rest of the family is constantly being inconvenienced with that thing. It's a good dog and everything, and it's not a big enough deal to make a stand on, but it's annoying to me having that dog in my house every time she comes down to visit. It makes the house smell.

I ate at a bbq place the other day and a girl brought her dog. When she got her food, she took the tray it came on, filled it with water and let the dog drink off the tray. Gross.

We have a no pets in our house policy. Our dogs are outside dogs. If you come to visit, your dogs will be outside dogs too for the duration of your stay. Or you could pay to board them somewhere else.
This is just as bad (IMO) as taking your dog everywhere. Why even have a dog if it stays outside the whole time? It's not a ****ing cat.
Our cats never go outside.

And I don't need to take them to Home Depot or Target
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
lotsofhp said:

In these situations the pet owner will go outside and play with the dog.

There was a time where people said "a dog needs a big yard to run around and play and be a dog in!!"

Somehow, over the years, a person keeping a dog in an apparent is now considered the more humane owner over someone with a 5 acre lot where the dogs stay outside.
It's different if you've got some land, but if you're in a suburb, I really don't understand the point of having a dog and making it stay outside 24/7. We've got a plenty big backyard for both of my dogs to play whenever they want. After finding my childhood dog (that my parents kept outside when we weren't home) dead from heat exhaustion after school one day, I will never force my dog to stay outside.
lotsofhp
AG
Did the dog have plenty of shade and water? That's awful, I'm sorry that happened
Krazykat
AG
kevmiller said:

Not sure when as a society it was decided to let dogs go anywhere but it has gotten ridiculous
A dog is not a person.

Amen! Also stupid when people call their dogs, "fur babies."
histag10
AG

histag10 said:

lotsofhp said:

I live on over 5 acres. My dogs have a 8 x 10 "dog house" with heat lamps and fans. They also have full access to a pond and multiple shade areas with an auto water bowl.

But tell me again how keeping my 2 100+lb working dogs outside is the worst thing I could do as a pet owner.

Edit- dang it kept trying to type 8 x 10 and it kept multiplying it instead of how i wrote it
TxSquarebody
If your dog or miniature horse is not trained to provide a service, it is not a service animal and should remain outside of businesses.

Hint: providing emotional support is NOT a service.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Never once said it's the worst thing an owner could do. Even clarified it's different if you live on land and not in the suburbs. We've got different views and that's okay, not everything is a personal attack.
histag10
AG

Never once said it's the worst thing an owner could do. Even clarified it's different if you live on land and not in the suburbs. We've got different views and that's okay, not everything is a personal attack.

Your post directed at me WAS a personal attack. You literally said its worse than people who bring their dogs in stores, and why have a pet anyways. You passed judgement on me without knowing a damn thing about me or my family's living situation.

It wasnt until after another poster pointed out that some people have land that you backtracked your statement.
Baby Billy
AG
histag10 said:

Your post directed at me WAS a personal attack.
/histag
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
histag10 said:

Your post directed at me WAS a personal attack. You literally said its worse than people who bring their dogs in stores

Actually, I said leaving your dog outside is just as bad as taking in the stores, which, on my first post on the first page, I said I didn't really have a problem with. So that's a pretty weak personal attack by me, I usually try to be hurtful when I do that.
Slamn Sharpe
kevmiller said:

A dog is not a person.

You must live in the US. Never leave because most of the world has a different culture with dogs. In Germany (for example) its common to have dogs in restaurants. They recently passed several laws that are extremely pro-dog. Im not sure how much they enforce the new laws, but one of them is something like "a dog must be walked twice a day"
Dogs are better than people, so I don't mind them being in Lowes or Home Depot when I shop there
taxpreparer
AG
Tanya 93 said:

taxpreparer said:

Most of the dogs in Home Depot are being trained as service dogs. That is why you hear clickers so frequently. they use Home Depot (with permission) to help the dogs get used to being around strngers and crowds.
You don't live in a college town

I have lived on College Station for the last 52 years.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Slamn Sharpe
histag10 said:

histag10 said:

lotsofhp said:

I live on over 5 acres. My dogs have a 8 x 10 "dog house" with heat lamps and fans. They also have full access to a pond and multiple shade areas with an auto water bowl.

But tell me again how keeping my 2 100+lb working dogs outside is the worst thing I could do as a pet owner.

Edit- dang it kept trying to type 8 x 10 and it kept multiplying it instead of how i wrote it

Oh look everybody, Histag is freaking rich!
30wedge
Leave your damn dog at home!
histag10
AG
Slamn Sharpe said:

histag10 said:

histag10 said:

lotsofhp said:

Oh look everybody, Histag is freaking rich!

Damn skippy! Internet millionaire right here.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Slamn Sharpe said:

kevmiller said:

A dog is not a person.

You must live in the US. Never leave because most of the world has a different culture with dogs. In Germany (for example) its common to have dogs in restaurants. They recently passed several laws that are extremely pro-dog. Im not sure how much they enforce the new laws, but one of them is something like "a dog must be walked twice a day"
Dogs are better than people, so I don't mind them being in Lowes or Home Depot when I shop there

Good lord. When you mean most of the world, you mean just the white parts. The rest of the world doesn't give a **** about dogs.

But good for you for making it to a Germany. It's really impressive that you broadened your horizons around other middle class white Christians. You're quite cultured.
Matsui
AG
Saw 2 today! Thought it was kinda weird.
Slamn Sharpe
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

kevmiller said:

A dog is not a person.

Good lord. When you mean most of the world, you mean just the white parts. The rest of the world doesn't give a **** about dogs.

But good for you for making it to a Germany. It's really impressive that you broadened your horizons around other middle class white Christians. You're quite cultured.

I have never spent more than a few hours in Germany. But I do love culture and my homework
histag10
AG
Just as a more direct answer to the OP- it is as common as HD and Lowes have allowed it to become. I believe some of their stores have dog treats behind the checkout counters for dogs. This is not typically something you would do/offer to a service dog.
C@LAg
Jack Cheese
AG
Slamn Sharpe said:

kevmiller said:

A dog is not a person.

Well, if it's good enough for Germany then we need to get on board! Seig Heil!
Cromagnum
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

Saw a dog at ikea take a **** right in the middle of an aisle. Their owner saw it, shrugged, and moved on.

My fault for being in a ****ing ikea though.

Owner knew what he was doing bringing it to Ikea. Now everyone gets to enjoy the turd.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
kevmiller said:

oldschool87 said:

histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Lately, I am seeing more people with dogs in the grocery store.
Saw one lady had her dog riding in the shopping cart.

Ill be a Karen and tell the store to either have her leave or ill call the health department.

I dont need dog hair on my produce.
Where is the produce isle at Home Depot that would save me a extra trip!

Reading must be difficult for you
I do wonder how people who think dogs are no big deal would react if other animals were on leashes
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Dogs>>>>>>people
RGV AG
AG
The older I get the more and more I strongly prefer dogs to people.
boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I do wonder how people who think dogs are no big deal would react if other animals were on leashes
Like an alligator?
Tanya 93
boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

Like an alligator?
mini pig or pygmy goat or a cat!
FamousAgg
Can the dogs come in and the owners stay in the car?
Wes97
AG
third coast.. said:

ac04 said:

leave your damn dogs at home
and your wife if shes ugly.

Seriously, why did this thread even continue after this post? This should have ended all discussion on the matter.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
If you didn't already know that people are self important *******s, this thread should be a good clue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.