Bringing your dog inside Home Depot

20,260 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
oldschool87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kevmiller said:

oldschool87 said:

histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Lately, I am seeing more people with dogs in the grocery store.
Saw one lady had her dog riding in the shopping cart.

Ill be a Karen and tell the store to either have her leave or ill call the health department.

I dont need dog hair on my produce.
Where is the produce isle at Home Depot that would save me a extra trip!

Reading must be difficult for you
English is my 2nd language, but Sarcasm is probably my 1st...
ABATTBQ11
AG
lotsofhp said:

The dog stuff has gotten way out of hand. I dated a girl who had to take her 3 dogs everywhere. It was annoying as hell. I just want to run to Home Depot, I don't feel like loading up all the dogs, bringing their **** bags, getting hair all over the car, etc.

Now I'm married and my sister in law who's in her mid 20s living in Dallas bought a goldendodle or whatever it's called and so the rest of the family is constantly being inconvenienced with that thing. It's a good dog and everything, and it's not a big enough deal to make a stand on, but it's annoying to me having that dog in my house every time she comes down to visit. It makes the house smell.

I ate at a bbq place the other day and a girl brought her dog. When she got her food, she took the tray it came on, filled it with water and let the dog drink off the tray. Gross.

And don't compare your dog to a child. That's ridiculous.

But how was her cat?
MouthBQ98
AG
At pet places? Fine.
At the hardware store? Tolerable
At a restaurant or bar that doesn't specifically advertise itself as a pets welcome locale? Unacceptable .
ForeverAg
AG
So I bring our dog into Home Depot, though its for training rather than separation anxiety or emotional support. Hardware stores are one of the few heavily trafficked public places that allow animals in the store so its a great spot for training being around strangers and having conversations with strangers and in general developing good manners.

With that said, I have had one Lowes employee tell me its against their policy at the one on 610 North in the heights and actually asked me to leave...This was the last time I went to that Lowes. He claimed it was manager dependent, and that store manager does not allow pets. I have never had an issue at Home Depot.
CDub06
AG
White people are insane about their dogs. They don't need to go to the store with you, they don't need to fly to Charleston with you, you don't need to push them around in a stroller, your parents don't want "dog grandma" bumper stickers. Dogs are pets - they aren't your children.

I was on a tough 8 mile hike recently. Part of it required some significant scrambling and then outright climbing and this dude was trying to carry his boxer to the top of this granite hill. He doesn't want to be there, bro.
Baby Billy
AG
zephyr88 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Isn't this kinda weird? More and more people are doing it these days. I saw dog piss on the floor of the irrigation aisle yesterday. Leave your dog in the car or at home
It's obvious you aren't a dog person, but is your problem then dog in the store or the pee on the floor? Accidents happen - maybe it was a young dog or a dog that isn't accustomed to going in with him. I'm assuming the owner cleaned it up, right?

My dog is my constant companion on most of my weekend trips - even when I go to my Home Depot. I guess the only place he doesn't go with me is the grocery store.

Actually, I'm a huge dog person. I have a 3 year old Golden Retriever that I love more than my wife. He loves to go for rides in the truck, so I take him a lot of places and let him ride, but never bring him inside. Even PetSmart.

Especially this time of year, I roll all the windows down in the truck and he hangs out in there while I go inside and get what I need.
Romello
Dogs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>People
Cromagnum
AG
kevmiller said:

Not sure when as a society it was decided to let dogs go anywhere but it has gotten ridiculous
A dog is not a person.
You don't need take your dog inside a store

Even more so, you definitely don't need to bring the damned dog table side to go eat somewhere.
Cromagnum
AG
zephyr88 said:

ehrmantraut said:

Isn't this kinda weird? More and more people are doing it these days. I saw dog piss on the floor of the irrigation aisle yesterday. Leave your dog in the car or at home
It's obvious you aren't a dog person, but is your problem then dog in the store or the pee on the floor? Accidents happen - maybe it was a young dog or a dog that isn't accustomed to going in with him. I'm assuming the owner cleaned it up, right?

My dog is my constant companion on most of my weekend trips - even when I go to my Home Depot. I guess the only place he doesn't go with me is the grocery store.

You know how to stop a dog from accidentally pissing on the floor in Home Depot? Leave them the hell at home.
Aggie
AG
ForeverAg said:

So I bring our dog into Home Depot, though its for training rather than separation anxiety or emotional support. Hardware stores are one of the few heavily trafficked public places that allow animals in the store so its a great spot for training being around strangers and having conversations with strangers and in general developing good manners.

With that said, I have had one Lowes employee tell me its against their policy at the one on 610 North in the heights and actually asked me to leave...This was the last time I went to that Lowes. He claimed it was manager dependent, and that store manager does not allow pets. I have never had an issue at Home Depot.

I'll be sure and visit that Lowe's location in the future.
Thanks

And seriously... WTF does emotional support mean?
Why does a person need emotional support to go into a Lowe's or Home Depot?

Aggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

kevmiller said:

Not sure when as a society it was decided to let dogs go anywhere but it has gotten ridiculous
A dog is not a person.

Even more so, you definitely don't need to bring the damned dog table side to go eat somewhere.

Have things changed? Dogs are allowed inside restaurants?
Health department allows this now?

I 100% would not eat in a restaurant that allows dogs
Camo
CDub06 said:

White people are insane about their dogs. They don't need to go to the store with you, they don't need to fly to Charleston with you, you don't need to push them around in a stroller, your parents don't want "dog grandma" bumper stickers. Dogs are pets - they aren't your children.

I was on a tough 8 mile hike recently. Part of it required some significant scrambling and then outright climbing and this dude was trying to carry his boxer to the top of this granite hill. He doesn't want to be there, bro.

What do you mean "white people"
Ol_Ag_02
AG
People who bring their dogs into stores not called Petsmart are vapid morons with an inflated sense of self-importance.

It's a ****ing dog. Leave it at home. If you can't leave it at home, leave it in the car.
swc93
AG
It's open carry for me. I can't carry this damn thing
EastSideAg2002
I bring my cat to let it test out the toilets before we buy.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

I'm a dog person. And you should leave your ****ing dog in the car.
BaitShack
AG
Jake peed on a column in the garden center the other day.
histag10
AG
oldschool87 said:

kevmiller said:

oldschool87 said:

histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Ill be a Karen and tell the store to either have her leave or ill call the health department.

Doesnt look like you are good at that either. The post I was directly replying to referenced a grocery store.
histag10
AG
lotsofhp said:

The dog stuff has gotten way out of hand. I dated a girl who had to take her 3 dogs everywhere. It was annoying as hell. I just want to run to Home Depot, I don't feel like loading up all the dogs, bringing their **** bags, getting hair all over the car, etc.

Now I'm married and my sister in law who's in her mid 20s living in Dallas bought a goldendodle or whatever it's called and so the rest of the family is constantly being inconvenienced with that thing. It's a good dog and everything, and it's not a big enough deal to make a stand on, but it's annoying to me having that dog in my house every time she comes down to visit. It makes the house smell.

I ate at a bbq place the other day and a girl brought her dog. When she got her food, she took the tray it came on, filled it with water and let the dog drink off the tray. Gross.

And don't compare your dog to a child. That's ridiculous.

We have a no pets in our house policy. Our dogs are outside dogs. If you come to visit, your dogs will be outside dogs too for the duration of your stay. Or you could pay to board them somewhere else.
Alte Schule
I have two dogs. A G. Shepard and a Spaniel. They both have or have had a specific job.

The Shepard was trained to protect my wife and alert me when we have expected or unwanted visitors and he's very good at that.

The Spaniel was my bird hunting companion. Her hips are going out on her now so she's retired and has earned her place in the sun. She's the backup to the big dog.

Their job is not to accompany me to a store or restaurant. I love my dogs but they can do without me for a couple hours.
Tanya 93
Max Power said:

I don't think I've ever seen a dog screaming and pitching a fit in a hardware store, or any other establishment for that matter. Kids on the other hand generally exhibit far worse behavior. If the dog behaves I have no issue with it, it's usually people that are the problem.
Dogs can be left at home

Young children cannot

And when a child pitches a fit, the parent should leave with them until they quiet down
boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Max Power said:

I don't think I've ever seen a dog screaming and pitching a fit in a hardware store, or any other establishment for that matter. Kids on the other hand generally exhibit far worse behavior. If the dog behaves I have no issue with it, it's usually people that are the problem.
Dogs can be left at home

Young children cannot

And when a child pitches a fit, the parent should leave with them until they quiet down
Leave the child in the car.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Texker said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

Why can't they leave them at home?
Valid question. Just a guess but probably separation anxiety on the part of the dog and perhaps the owner.
Separation anxiety?

Claude!
I want another dog.
Builder93
AG
ehrmantraut said:

2 pages and no one saw this?

This is a very intelligent dog. He knows what aisle he's in.
histag10
AG
Builder93 said:

ehrmantraut said:

2 pages and no one saw this?

This is a very intelligent dog. He knows what aisle he's in.

The second post is a comment that the dog could read...
Goose83
AG
I didn't realize just how many dog-hating communists there are here on the General Board.
oldschool87
AG
histag10 said:

oldschool87 said:

kevmiller said:

oldschool87 said:

histag10 said:

LeisureSuitLarry said:

Doesnt look like you are good at that either. The post I was directly replying to referenced a grocery store.
Yes, we all know...
lamivudine
kevmiller said:

A dog is not a person.
no way man I see girls who say dogs are better than people..
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
mrad85 said:

If your Home Depot is like mine, any dog you may bring into the store is probably smarter than any of the folks working there.

But I have yet to see an employee pee on the floor on the irrigation aisle.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
So, are we just too mature now for the obvious dx/dy of this thread, or has it already been deleted?
AggieVictor10
AG
Saw a dog at ikea take a **** right in the middle of an aisle. Their owner saw it, shrugged, and moved on.

My fault for being in a ****ing ikea though.
swc93
AG
BaitShack said:

Jake peed on a column in the garden center the other day.
Jake? From State Farm?
taxpreparer
AG
Most of the dogs in Home Depot are being trained as service dogs. That is why you hear clickers so frequently. they use Home Depot (with permission) to help the dogs get used to being around strngers and crowds.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Tanya 93
taxpreparer said:

Most of the dogs in Home Depot are being trained as service dogs. That is why you hear clickers so frequently. they use Home Depot (with permission) to help the dogs get used to being around strngers and crowds.
You don't live in a college town

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.