Bringing your dog inside Home Depot

20,575 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

Why can't they leave them at home?
what if you're gone for many hours? Pain to have to break up your errands to go let the dog out.
Teslag
AG
62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person so don't mind dogs at HD, Lowe's etc. I'd much rather the owners bring them in the store than leave in the car.

what if you're gone for many hours? Pain to have to break up your errands to go let the dog out.

I can't tell if you're being serious or mocking anxious dog owners. That's where we are now.
62strat
AG
Leather Tuscadero said:

62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

I can't tell if you're being serious or mocking anxious dog owners. That's where we are now.
no it was serious.. i mean, i don't have a dog, but I know they have to be let out now and again. We've had plenty of days where we're out doing stuff pretty much all day. Or maybe going on a hike or something you take your dog with you, then want to stop at HD on the way home.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to go home first to drop him off, if I can just bring him in where I go.
GrayMatter
AG
lotsofhp said:

And don't compare your dog to a child. That's ridiculous.
x1000
FCBlitz
We take our 13 year old Australian Sheppard into pet friendly stores. GD and Lowe's. He is quiet. Never barks and it is almost as if he is out showing his humans off.

The only folks that notice and react in a negative way are blacks. I am saying not all blacks react negatively. But the folks who do are all black.

Why do we take Dexter? Because the establishment advertises as a pet friendly store and we enjoy being around our Dog. It also lets to do two things in parallel.......walk Dexter and get needed parts and pieces to fix things around the house.
Burdizzo
AG
I went to Lowe's today. While making my way through the store a woman comes out of an aisle right in front of me with an uncut male yellow lab. The dog looks to be about 6-8 years old and is sniffing every person that they pass by. I think to myself "there is a thread on the General Board about people taking their dogs to Home Depot"

About that instant, the dog stops dead in his tracks and drops a masterpiece of a huge, beige, stinky deuce right in the area in front registers.

I kept on walking and thought better them than me.
Gunny456
Gunny456
AG
Wow. I have seen more unruly kids than bad dogs at HD.
duddleysdraw88
AG
FCBlitz said:

We take our 13 year old Australian Sheppard into pet friendly stores. GD and Lowe's. He is quiet. Never barks and it is almost as if he is out showing his humans off.

The only folks that notice and react in a negative way are blacks. I am saying not all blacks react negatively. But the folks who do are all black.

Why do we take Dexter? Because the establishment advertises as a pet friendly store and we enjoy being around our Dog. It also lets to do two things in parallel.......walk Dexter and get needed parts and pieces to fix things around the house.
Well, I'm not black and I think people that take their "fur babies" into a store that is not a pet store are stupid as fuch......... and I like dogs!!!!
RGV AG
AG
For years I took my dogs to work with me, every day. Because I could and I was/am the boss. Really enjoyed those times, dogs were very well socialized because of it. Very well trained dogs as well.

Due to this thread I am gonna try taking my dogs to the mentioned stores when I can.
AG
boboguitar said:

Home Depot allows and encourages dogs to go to their store.

I bring my well-trained dalmatian with me whenever I go. Kids and adults alike, love seeing him.

I could leave him at home, but then again, I don't give a **** what the OP thinks.
Maybe some love seeing him, but alot, including myself don't give a flying **** about your dog and don't want it anywhere near me.

I am so over the humanizing of dogs over the last decade or so. The dog is not your baby, you are not its parent. There are public places where its acceptable to take dogs, Home Depot or any store other than maybe Petco is not one of them, in fact, its very selfish of you to bring an animal into a store.
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Texker said:

I'm a dog person. And you should leave your ****ing dog in the car.
Why?
AG
62strat said:

Leather Tuscadero said:

Texker said:

Fido will be ok in the back yard for a few hours. For thousands of years dogs lived outside, now they apparently die immediately if they don't have central air conditioning.
boboguitar
AG
1939 said:

boboguitar said:

I bring my well-trained dalmatian with me whenever I go. Kids and adults alike, love seeing him.

I could leave him at home, but then again, I don't give a **** what the OP thinks.
Maybe some love seeing him, but alot, including myself don't give a flying **** about your dog and don't want it anywhere near me.

I am so over the humanizing of dogs over the last decade or so. The dog is not your baby, you are not its parent. There are public places where its acceptable to take dogs, Home Depot or any store other than maybe Petco is not one of them, in fact, its very selfish of you to bring an animal into a store.

Then don't go near him.
JamesPShelley
1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Stay outta my aisle. It has been just the last decade that I started humanizing dogs moreso. I had 4 (vet came to the house in Novermber to put down our 16 year old F Yorkie). That leaves us with three. Dixie, our one year old F black lab. Teddy Bear, our 4 year old M Yorkie, and Cozy Powell, our three year old M Brussels griiffin/sprouts.terrier. They are cooler than many people I know.

My dogs are my babies for I raised my three adult children. I am my dog's parent. Who else is going to take care of them?

Dogs are nothing but soul and love, and they can fill that black hole heart. Google it.
Tanya 93
boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.
Not always my choice in "I HAVE A RIGHT TO BRING MY DOG ANYWHERE I WANT. HE CALMS ME DOWN. YOU CAN JUST SAY HOME!" America.
boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.
Not always my choice in "I HAVE A RIGHT TO BRING MY DOG ANYWHERE I WANT. HE CALMS ME DOWN. YOU CAN JUST SAY HOME!" America.
Pretty easy to avoid a dog.
goodAg80
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

ehrmantraut said:

Isn't this kinda weird? More and more people are doing it these days. I saw dog piss on the floor of the irrigation aisle yesterday. Leave your dog in the car or at home

You saw a dog that could read!?!?!
Laughed out loud. I was trying to think of something witty, but this beat anything I could come up with. Thanks.
Tanya 93
boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.
Not when they run all over and make you leave out of terror

But yes, dogs belong everywhere because no owner has a terribly behaved dog
boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.

Mine doesn't and that's all I care about.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.

Oh good grief, I didn't realize the local Lowe's was hosting dog fighting tournaments.
AG
JamesPShelley said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Stay outta my aisle. It has been just the last decade that I started humanizing dogs moreso. I had 4 (vet came to the house in Novermber to put down our 16 year old F Yorkie). That leaves us with three. Dixie, our one year old F black lab. Teddy Bear, our 4 year old M Yorkie, and Cozy Powell, our three year old M Brussels griiffin/sprouts.terrier. They are cooler than many people I know.

My dogs are my babies for I raised my three adult children. I am my dog's parent. Who else is going to take care of them?

Dogs are nothing but soul and love, and they can fill that black hole heart. Google it.
Cool story bro. I wonder what you and Cozy Powell's children would look like?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
JamesPShelley said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

This has got to be satire right? No adult male non-Democrat could write crap that sounds exactly like what a love stricken teenage girl would say.
Tanya 93
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

1939 said:

boboguitar said:

Then don't go near him.

Oh good grief, I didn't realize the local Lowe's was hosting dog fighting tournaments.
Why does an owner say you are overreacting when their dog jumps on you and you don't think it is okay?

Or barks at people?

Or has to be drug out of an aisle?

It is not common, before you say that, but why should dog owners just dismiss what their dogs are doing because they are so special they need their dog everywhere?
boboguitar
AG
I have a pretty simple solution to all this.

Don't shop at Home Depot if you don't agree with their store policy.
Tanya 93
boboguitar said:

Or people could stop bringing misbehaving dogs that cause problems before they are asked to leave and then scream discrimination.

boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Or people could stop bringing misbehaving dogs that cause problems before they are asked to leave and then scream discrimination.

So are you against all dogs visiting home depot or just misbehaving dogs?
OasisMan
AG
Love dogs

When headed to HD/Lowes/etc,
It would never cross my mind whether I should bring the dog out or not, seems weird
Ulrich
My dog is a very nice and happy dog but he will poop anywhere, any time so I do not take him to Home Depot.
Tanya 93
boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

No

Actual service dogs that are for a medical purpose are needed.

But no one needs to bring their pet to go shopping.
boboguitar
AG
Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

Tanya 93 said:

boboguitar said:

No

Actual service dogs that are for a medical purpose are needed.

But no one needs to bring their pet to go shopping.
I don't need to, I just do.
An Ag in CO
AG
The general rule of thumb in polite society is that you can bring your dog any place you can bring your gun.
Baby Billy
AG
I'm perfectly fine with bringing your dog anywhere you can be outside. Park, trail, downtown, restaurant or bar patio, etc. I don't see the desire to bring them into a retail store.

I live in Georgetown. My wife drags me to the Domain all the time and there are dogs walking around in ****ing dillards and nordstrom. Water bowls outside of every single store.

I LOVE my golden retriever. Wife and friends make fun at me pretty often for how much I love that dog, and it's never crossed my mind to bring him to dillards or home depot
Nuke_Ag05
AG
I've taken my lab to Lowe's a couple times this winter up in Colorado. I'm in the middle of training him, and he's doing well. I'm at Lowe's all the time because the family just moved in to a new build, so I've been back and forth for supplies. Only took him a couple times. Too damn cold to take him socializing in a park. Folks in Lowe's love him, and it's a good place that's warm with lots of people that gave me a chance to train him and get him used to crowds and opportunities to work on commands.

Don't feel the need to take him back anymore. Was a good opportunity to work with him though, and the check out folks always had a treat for him.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.