stubhub sent me to collections

32,997 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Lost
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Toasty!
Post removed:
by user
snowaggie
OP needn't worry about his credit score. He has said that he's a credit card churner, so that's dropping it anyway.
permabull
AG
snowaggie
hypeiv said:

snowaggie said:

OP needn't worry about his credit score. He has said that he's a credit card churner, so that's dropping it anyway.

More often than not, churning helps your credit score.
I guess it depends on how we're defining 'churning'. If you're closing the account, it's a hit on your score.
wbt5845
AG
62strat said:

wbt5845 said:

I'm curious how you listed something and got away with not providing credit card. I list stuff on StubHub frequently and have to have a CC on file.
I did provide a card. I removed the card info after I listed my ticket because I didn't see any reason why they needed my card, being a seller. I don't particularly make it a habit of leaving cc info in accounts for things I rarely use.

That particular card is no longer active anyway. (I am a card churner)
Interesting. You gave a card number to guarantee you'd deliver and then pull the number to make sure yuo cant get hit.

But they still hit you.

I've never considered doing such a thing because I only list tickets for events I absolutely want to sell. I use the bar code for delivery so the buyer gets instant delivery and I get my money fast.
jokershady
AG
Tell em to go pound sand
62strat
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

On 10/30 I get an email from stubhub saying contact them immediately because I owe them $463 due to an error in my listing, and I have no card on file for them to charge. they threaten to send to collections and suspend my account. I ignore it.

Had you contacted them immediately (as they suggested) you may have been able to explain the situation and have the charge removed or significantly reduced.
Honestly I didn't feel like wasting min. 30 minutes of my day trying to correct an accounting error that was not the result of any action on my part.
So you posted a ticket for sale that you couldn't actually sell. The buyer paid for it, and you didn't send the ticket, and didn't bother to let him know you weren't sending the ticket, and then he canceled the sale when he didn't receive it?

Did I get any part of that wrong? Because if not, it seems like you're the one who made the mistake, not stubhub.
Yeh, you got a lot of that wrong. It's ok.
Punked Shank
AG
62strat said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

On 10/30 I get an email from stubhub saying contact them immediately because I owe them $463 due to an error in my listing, and I have no card on file for them to charge. they threaten to send to collections and suspend my account. I ignore it.

Had you contacted them immediately (as they suggested) you may have been able to explain the situation and have the charge removed or significantly reduced.
Honestly I didn't feel like wasting min. 30 minutes of my day trying to correct an accounting error that was not the result of any action on my part.
So you posted a ticket for sale that you couldn't actually sell. The buyer paid for it, and you didn't send the ticket, and didn't bother to let him know you weren't sending the ticket, and then he canceled the sale when he didn't receive it?

Did I get any part of that wrong? Because if not, it seems like you're the one who made the mistake, not stubhub.

Still whining i see
agracer
AG
62strat said:

Quote:

Since I am not looking for a new job or to buy a house, I would ignore it completely. But then again, I cut my nose off years ago.
I have 800+ credit, and am not buying a house/car any time soon. I really don't want to deal with what is likely some foreign hard to understand accent on the phone for 30+ minutes explaining the timeline of things and why I haven't done anything warranting a cancellation fee and they need to check their records.

If Stubhub contacted me through an email that didn't say 'don't reply to this email, it does not receive replies' perhaps I would have replied and sorted this out through email.. But a phone call? Forget it.
You've spent more time typing on Texags then it would have cost you on 8/29 to fix this....
aggiepaintrain
AG
Pray it's on your credit then sue them under the Fair Credit Reporting Act for an invalid debt. F SH

also the cancellation fee for a listing is 20% not 100%
Ulrich
Give me $500 and maybe I'll eventually give you something in exchange.
John Francis Donaghy
62strat said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

No he didn't. You've just worked enough mental gymnastics to convice yourself of your own infallibility in all this that you don't see the facts as they are anymore.

YOU were the problem. YOU sold something you had no idea how to deliver, or even if you could deliver. YOU are the reason people don't trust 3rd party sellers, and markets like Stubhub have to guarantee sales to get people to use their site. Quit whining and twisting the facts to suit yourself and your ego and take responsibility for your **** up.
The Lost
John Francis Donaghy said:

62strat said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

No he didn't. You've just worked enough mental gymnastics to convice yourself of your own infallibility in all this that you don't see the facts as they are anymore.

YOU were the problem. YOU sold something you had no idea how to deliver, or even if you could deliver. YOU are the reason people don't trust 3rd party sellers, and markets like Stubhub have to guarantee sales to get people to use their site. Quit whining and twisting the facts to suit yourself and your ego and take responsibility for your **** up.

100% this. This is like showing up to a frontier flight at the gate and being passed at the bag fee even though you were told multiple times it would occur.

Stubhub is so easy to use, I've sold tons of tickets and bought tons of tickets on it. It's not hard to believe Ticketmaster when they tell you you can't transfer tickets, to believe them and not try to sell them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.