stubhub sent me to collections

33,034 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by The Lost
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old RV Ag said:

OP - 25 posts on this thread alone. Have you seen someone for OCD?
It's because I'm replying to separate people in separate posts.. kinda like above.

OCD?? says the one who actually counted my posts lol.
Punked Shank
AG
I think you just like to reread your posts
CaddoAggie96
AG
Your car and house insurance will most likely go up if your credit goes down.
Don't ignore crap. Just make the phone call.
BenFiasco14
AG
3 pages and no boobs ...
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Old RV Ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

3 pages and no boobs ...
Well, one boob .... OP

Scoopen Skwert
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

3 pages and no boobs ...

Brother from a different mother????

My thoughts exactly. Reading all this made my head hurt. Need bewbs and big bouncy ones to cure it.
DE4D
AG
6 pages before platinum status. This is still just regular bud lite.
wbt5845
AG
I'm curious how you listed something and got away with not providing credit card. I lost stuff on StubHub frequently and have to have a CC on file.
Texker
AG
I have a fair amount of experience with credit situations.

1. You are foolish to think that they (collection agency aka CA)can't tag your credit without an SSN. There are plenty of data points the CRA's can use to validate and post to your report. A SSN IS NOT REQUIRED!

2. Just because you aren't applying for a job or a mortgage now doesn't mean you won't need to do 1 or both in the next 7 years.(The length of time the collection will show on your credit report.) Chances are you will require you to do at least one. This ding has the potential to cost you in those areas. It's likely to cost you with your insurance company.

3. Call StubHub to see if you can work it out but STAY OFF THE PHONE with the CA. Only communicate with them IN WRITING and by CERTIFIED MAIL return receipt.

4. Dispute the collection with the agency in writing. They have 30 days to validate or they must delete.

5. Ignoring the issue is only going to make it worse. It WILL cost you $ and probably at the worst time.

6. Be thankful you live in TX(assuming you do). Texas consumer credit laws are much more consumer-friendly than federal laws.
62strat
AG
wbt5845 said:

I'm curious how you listed something and got away with not providing credit card. I lost stuff on StubHub frequently and have to have a CC on file.
I did provide a card. I removed the card info after I listed my ticket because I didn't see any reason why they needed my card, being a seller. I don't particularly make it a habit of leaving cc info in accounts for things I rarely use.

That particular card is no longer active anyway. (I am a card churner)
meggy09
AG
62strat said:

End of the day, the buyer backed out before I my deadline to deliver my end of the deal, so screw em.

End of the day you incorrectly listed your tickets. Who cares who cancelled, you should be fined.

Not only that, someone paid you $500 and your solution was "let's just wait until 2 days before the show and see what happens".

POS like this are why I wouldn't ever buy a ticket that wasn't face to face.
62strat
AG
meggy09 said:

62strat said:

End of the day, the buyer backed out before I my deadline to deliver my end of the deal, so screw em.

End of the day you incorrectly listed your tickets. Who cares who cancelled, you should be fined.

Not only that, someone paid you $500 and your solution was "let's just wait until 2 days before the show and see what happens".
I didn't list them incorrectly. I listed them as mobile transfer, 2 days before show at the latest. The day I got my ticket from TM, I could have transferred it to him and been within this deadline.

Waiting until 2 days before the show to get the transfer was specified in the listing. If he wasn't comfortable with that policy, he shouldn't have purchased it.

62strat
AG
Texker I'm in CO, not TX.
bmks270
AG
You could have had this resolved in less time than you've spent complaining about it here.
The Fife
BenFiasco14 said:

No tits, no advice.
Ragoo
AG
Be sure to call the IRS next and report the $425 net. It's on the internet now.
ac04
strat is high in the running for most exhausting poster on texags. i knew what this thread would be instantly when i saw who OP was.
62strat
AG
bmks270 said:

You could have had this resolved in less time than you've spent complaining about it here.
unfortunately, no I couldn't have. I disputed it with them, and now it's 2-3 weeks for a reply.
I got all this done on texags in under 24 hours.
62strat
AG
Ragoo said:

I didn't receive any money for the sale. That would have happened after I transferred the tickets. If I received $425 and never transferred tickets, I'd be sending the money back with no issue.

reading = difficult.
T Durden
AG
62strat said:

Ragoo said:

I didn't receive any money for the sale. That would have happened after I transferred the tickets. If I received $425 and never transferred tickets, I'd be sending the money back with no issue.

reading = difficult.

I thought you said you made more selling it to someone on Texags.
Ragoo
AG
T Durden said:

62strat said:

Ragoo said:

reading = difficult.

he's dumb
permabull
AG
62strat
AG
T Durden said:

62strat said:

Ragoo said:

reading = difficult.

oh, yeh, I sold it personally. But how does that involve my anticipated net from a stubhub sale that never happened, as Ragoo seemed to allude to?

I guess I'll report my $200 'capital gain' per Ragoo's advice lol.

Ragoo
AG
62strat said:

T Durden said:

62strat said:

Ragoo said:

reading = difficult.

oh, yeh, I sold it personally. But how does that involve my anticipated net from a stubhub sale that never happened, as Ragoo seemed to allude to?

I alluded that you sold tickets for profit, profit that should be reported to the IRS as income.
ATM9000
AG
So you tried to reneg an agreement and communicated that to both the buyer and the clearinghouse and you are throwing your hands up saying you did nothing wrong here? The buyer probably didn't cancel the ticket... Stubhub did when the buyer received your communication indicating confusion on your end and unsureness on being able to deliver your side of the agreement. You violating the communication policy is probably what cost you. Pulling a market on somebody isn't cool in any circumstance. Stubhub has to go find a replacement and you should be on the hook for that.
Satellite of Love
OP, I am confused. Did you get the ~$425 from Stub-hub for the sale of the ticket?

If so, did you send the money back after the sale was cancelled? I don't see anywhere you returned funds that were paid to you. Are you telling us you stole $425 and are refusing to send it back plus interest?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Beer Baron
AG
ac04 said:

strat is high in the running for most exhausting poster on texags. i knew what this thread would be instantly when i saw who OP was.
YOU ARE WRONG! Now I will submit 45 separate, multi-paragraph replies with citations, visual aides, and peer-reviewed sources proving that I am in the bottom tenth-percentile of Texags posters in terms of exhaustingness.
Post removed:
by user
ATM9000
AG
62strat said:

coastsrs said:

62strat said:

coastsrs said:

I would cancel as well if i wasnt guaranteed a ticket. Whats so hard about that?

Im not risking a maybe for something im willing to pay $500+ to see.

He was guaranteed a ticket, by 9/7, through stubhub's guarantee protection. Say he shows up to chase center per my request, and I'm no where to be seen. He gets a replacement ticket, or a refund. he canceled on 8/29.

Problem is, he resold it, so he was getting scared of making his own deadline I'm sure!

Well im more willing to buy ag to ag than stubhub, especially if the SH seller started changing xfer means and methods.
The issue is, why can a buyer just cancel a ticket in the first place? Seems too easy to cancel something you bought and then later regretted.

He should be paying the fee, not me. Stubhub has no record of conversation between the buyer and me (I asked guy on phone. He said the buyer simply told SH that I contacted them. Phone guy kept saying 'whatever you said to buyer I guess he didn't like).

So who is to say this guy just regretted his purchase (because maybe he tried flipping it and was forced to sell at a loss since demand went way down as time went on), so he tells SH, hey this guy contacted me, he violated policy, cancel it. He gets off scott free, and I'm stuck with a fee? And remember it wasn't cancelled sa soon as I emailed buyer. It was 7 weeks later.

That's bs. I don't think I clearly and undoubtedly violated a policy. Sure, I emailed him and asked him questions and probably put some doubt in his head, but I still had time to deliver and fulfill contract.

Lol the balls on you buddy. I work in a heavy exchange driven business. If a party ever calls an exchange or a 3rd party and puts delivery of something in peril, you don't just wait to see what happens... you take swift action to find a replacement or your reputation is in peril.

From your perspective, I'm sure you think you did the noble thing by giving everyone a heads up that you may need to come up with a different way to deliver. Reality if you look at it from more than just your side of things is there was one weak link in the transaction and it wasn't the buyer or the exchange, it was the numbnuts who ultimately communicated that he wasn't sure what he actually owned and, as a result, created more work for all of the parties involved and exposed the exchange to changes in the ticket market. The moral thing to do is step up and pay your medicine for not doing the work to figure out what you owned prior to opening the window to set the transaction on fire.

When the cancellation took place is a red herring to the situation.

It isn't a BS policy... penalties need to be harsh when you run an exchange like Stubhub to ensure the integrity of the market.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

On 10/30 I get an email from stubhub saying contact them immediately because I owe them $463 due to an error in my listing, and I have no card on file for them to charge. they threaten to send to collections and suspend my account. I ignore it.

Had you contacted them immediately (as they suggested) you may have been able to explain the situation and have the charge removed or significantly reduced.
Honestly I didn't feel like wasting min. 30 minutes of my day trying to correct an accounting error that was not the result of any action on my part.
So you posted a ticket for sale that you couldn't actually sell. The buyer paid for it, and you didn't send the ticket, and didn't bother to let him know you weren't sending the ticket, and then he canceled the sale when he didn't receive it?

Did I get any part of that wrong? Because if not, it seems like you're the one who made the mistake, not stubhub.
T Durden
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

On 10/30 I get an email from stubhub saying contact them immediately because I owe them $463 due to an error in my listing, and I have no card on file for them to charge. they threaten to send to collections and suspend my account. I ignore it.

Had you contacted them immediately (as they suggested) you may have been able to explain the situation and have the charge removed or significantly reduced.
Honestly I didn't feel like wasting min. 30 minutes of my day trying to correct an accounting error that was not the result of any action on my part.
So you posted a ticket for sale that you couldn't actually sell. The buyer paid for it, and you didn't send the ticket, and didn't bother to let him know you weren't sending the ticket, and then he canceled the sale when he didn't receive it?

Did I get any part of that wrong? Because if not, it seems like you're the one who made the mistake, not stubhub.

But my deadline!
T Durden
AG
Nm
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

62strat said:

Moxley said:

Quote:

And there it is/Jeff Goldblum
hairloom
Pay everything in cash for the rest of your life. Tell credit scores to GFY. Ignore all collections. Win
Ragoo
AG
ATM9000 said:

62strat said:

coastsrs said:

62strat said:

coastsrs said:

I would cancel as well if i wasnt guaranteed a ticket. Whats so hard about that?

Im not risking a maybe for something im willing to pay $500+ to see.

He was guaranteed a ticket, by 9/7, through stubhub's guarantee protection. Say he shows up to chase center per my request, and I'm no where to be seen. He gets a replacement ticket, or a refund. he canceled on 8/29.

Problem is, he resold it, so he was getting scared of making his own deadline I'm sure!

Well im more willing to buy ag to ag than stubhub, especially if the SH seller started changing xfer means and methods.
The issue is, why can a buyer just cancel a ticket in the first place? Seems too easy to cancel something you bought and then later regretted.

He should be paying the fee, not me. Stubhub has no record of conversation between the buyer and me (I asked guy on phone. He said the buyer simply told SH that I contacted them. Phone guy kept saying 'whatever you said to buyer I guess he didn't like).

So who is to say this guy just regretted his purchase (because maybe he tried flipping it and was forced to sell at a loss since demand went way down as time went on), so he tells SH, hey this guy contacted me, he violated policy, cancel it. He gets off scott free, and I'm stuck with a fee? And remember it wasn't cancelled sa soon as I emailed buyer. It was 7 weeks later.

That's bs. I don't think I clearly and undoubtedly violated a policy. Sure, I emailed him and asked him questions and probably put some doubt in his head, but I still had time to deliver and fulfill contract.

Lol the balls on you buddy. I work in a heavy exchange driven business. If a party ever calls an exchange or a 3rd party and puts delivery of something in peril, you don't just wait to see what happens... you take swift action to find a replacement or your reputation is in peril.

From your perspective, I'm sure you think you did the noble thing by giving everyone a heads up that you may need to come up with a different way to deliver. Reality if you look at it from more than just your side of things is there was one weak link in the transaction and it wasn't the buyer or the exchange, it was the numbnuts who ultimately communicated that he wasn't sure what he actually owned and, as a result, created more work for all of the parties involved and exposed the exchange to changes in the ticket market. The moral thing to do is step up and pay your medicine for not doing the work to figure out what you owned prior to opening the window to set the transaction on fire.

When the cancellation took place is a red herring to the situation.

It isn't a BS policy... penalties need to be harsh when you run an exchange like Stubhub to ensure the integrity of the market.
brutal ownage here. I'd bet the OP comes back to argue with you because you completely dismantled him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.