What's your current family drama?

29,284 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by theterk
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time is of the essence.

Translation: I should have asked for this months ago, but need it to happen immediately.
proc
AG
Our family drama is luckily confined to the 44 year old SIL. The one who went awol from the Marines when she got pregnant. The one who makes everything, including her father's funeral, about her. Pretty sure she has sponged off her Mom for the last 20 years, her Mom won't confirm it anymore.

About once a year she gets in a legal tug of war with her ex husband over the 13 year old son. Just awful, dragging him to court annually so she can get 12 extra Wednesdays or whatever. Not for the child, but for the vengeance.
MooreTrucker
AG
proc said:

Our family drama is luckily confined to the 44 year old SIL. The one who went awol from the Marines when she got pregnant. The one who makes everything, including her father's funeral, about her. Pretty sure she has sponged off her Mom for the last 20 years, her Mom won't confirm it anymore.

About once a year she gets in a legal tug of war with her ex husband over the 13 year old son. Just awful, dragging him to court annually so she can get 12 extra Wednesdays or whatever. Not for the child, but for the vengeance.
Sad that people like this are out walking around instead of in a hospital somewhere getting the treatment they need.
Old RV Ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

proc said:

Sad that people like this are out walking around instead of in a hospital somewhere getting the treatment they need.
I believe most people are good, but my realistic longterm experiences would say this would overflow the hospitals. While still the minority, there are lots and lots of people who screw over others just for fun, vengeance, jealousy, envy, entitlement, etc.
Mr_mo8268
AG
If only you could have an attorney like Jim Carey in Liar Liar...

Seriously though, I have encountered a few recent dark situations by my work where older folks that would love to sell certain properties/assets and be done as they are recent widows/widowers but can't because step-children with sketchy backgrounds get litigious and make 80+ year olds life a living hell.

I hate it.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Blood is thicker than water, money is thicker than both.
theterk
AG
Haven't heard or talked to my brother in around 3 years. He's currently upset with my mom and just can't seem to forgive them for whatever issue they're duking it out over. I didn't do anything wrong...

Brother, if you're reading this, its time to mend bridges dude.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.