What's your current family drama?

29,282 Views | 180 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by theterk
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Geralt of Rivia said:

george_92 said:

[User permanently banned - Staff]

And this is why the GB sucks now

Truth. No one can take a damn joke anymore.
Shakes the Clown
What did I miss?
aggie_fan13
AG
Some guy named George got banned
some men you just cant reach ...
John Francis Donaghy
Shakes the Clown said:

What did I miss?

George came back to board and started to liven things up with some good natured smartassery and banter.

Promptly recieved a permaban.
The Dog Lord
AG
Seemed like he was just trolling people, but they must've been reported as personal attacks.
Shakes the Clown
He was pretty funny.

RIP

Do we pour one out for him?
Uncle Howdy
S
No. George doesn't drink
Shakes the Clown
Was George a female poster that used to post regularly?
Uncle Howdy
S
No, I'm not sure what happened to her.

George_92 was george92 a few years back...after that was ignatius of something...before all of that was T Bone Pickens
John Francis Donaghy
Ignatius of Silesia
Uncle Howdy
S
John Francis Donaghy said:

Ignatius of Silesia

That's it. Thanks
Shakes the Clown
How do you manage to keep up with us idiots?

I thought I was gonna get perma'd for what I told you.
Glad staff didn't , they must have agreed with me

Uncle Howdy
S
I have a great memory for random useless things

Plus, eventually all of the entertaining posters that got a perma reveal themself through their posting style and it jogs my memory
Mr_mo8268
AG
Missed his response. Anyone wanna PM the summary?
MRB10
AG
Spreadsheet updated
Builder93
AG
Was I trolled by George or was this just George being George back from the grave?
hillcountryag86
AG
Builder93 said:

Was I trolled by George or was this just George being George back from the grave?
You were trolled. Then you contributed to his death. Bad night for you.
Beer Baron
AG
For real. Wombat's thread about how old the posts on the front page are these days - this is exactly why. Glad we finally got that moderation survey though!
diablo loco
george_92 made me money and I enjoyed his humor. RIP
Builder93
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

Builder93 said:

You were trolled. Then you contributed to his death. Bad night for you.
Eh, Win--win
bushytailed
AG
My cousin is married to the third love of her life. We call him Meth Mouth. His predecessors were Dealer and Lewd Guy.

Her daughter just had her third kid on the taxpayer dime (two baby daddies). One of the kids is named Analayah.
Tamu_mgm
AG
B-1 83 said:

95 year old dad's divorce is crawling along. Supposed to do mediation right after Labor Day. It was already cancelled once by 86 year old step mom's lawyer. It sure would solve a bunch of problems if the beotch would die.

The usual problems with siblings willing to go visit and care for dad at the ranch. 50% do 95% of the traveling and work. One of the "do littles" lives the closest.
That is really sad. Dude you're almost signed-off, just make it work for the extremely little time you have left.
ac04
bushytailed said:

My cousin is married to the third love of her life. We call him Meth Mouth. His predecessors were Dealer and Lewd Guy.

Her daughter just had her third kid on the taxpayer dime (two baby daddies). One of the kids is named Analayah.
sounds like the mom would be better off with a little more analayah
Beer Baron
AG
My guess is this is a predatory gold digger he married a couple years ago so he could have old people sex without burning in hell, not the lady he married in 1917. If that's the case, I say divorce the beech as fast as possible. Same thing happened to the SO's grandfather and she made off like a bandit when he died.
Old RV Ag
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

B-1 83 said:

95 year old dad's divorce is crawling along. Supposed to do mediation right after Labor Day. It was already cancelled once by 86 year old step mom's lawyer. It sure would solve a bunch of problems if the beotch would die.

The usual problems with siblings willing to go visit and care for dad at the ranch. 50% do 95% of the traveling and work. One of the "do littles" lives the closest.
That is really sad. Dude you're almost signed-off, just make it work for the extremely little time you have left.
Been reading about this issue as it reminds me why I never remarried and would not, though I'm not 95 nor even 86. It's not the 95 year old dad - it's the 86 year old beotch that's driving the gut wrenching drama.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Related to old people marriages, here is some family drama for you:

- Wife's uncle remarries in his mid 50s.
- About 10 years in to the new marriage, the new wife starts suffering demetia symptoms and dies 5 years later. He cared for her to the last day, including hiring people to live with them to do it. She never had to spend a night in a home.
- In spite of living within 2 hours drive, her son hadn't seen her in 2-3 years while her daughter visited about twice a year
- She did not have a will, so she dies intestate - meaning under Texas intestate laws, her kids from a previous marriage are due to get half of what is his
- He spends quite a bit on a lawyer, mediation and the like drags out for a year, and he ultimately settles with them where they take about a 1/3 of what he has to his name. All for being deadbeat kids of some old lady he married
combat wombat™
AG
Could have been avoided with a will.

Also, they aren't due to get 1/2 what is his; they aren't entitles to any of "his" stuff. They are due to get what is hers. But they didn't keep their assets separate so...
DannyDuberstein
AG
combat wombat said:

Agree. And there is a lot of stolen will accusation drama around that. They went to a lawyer years ago to do both of their wills (who is now disbarred and apparently unreachable), and he has his will from that visit but when he dug them out at her death, hers was mysteriously missing in addition to some other shady behavior as far as the daughter having updated financial information for him that she shouldn't have had access to.
MooreTrucker
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

combat wombat said:

Agree. And there is a lot of stolen will accusation drama around that. They went to a lawyer years ago to do both of their wills (who is now disbarred and apparently unreachable), and he has his will from that visit but when he dug them out at her death, hers was mysteriously missing in addition to some other shady behavior as far as the daughter having updated financial information for him that she shouldn't have had access to.
Sounds like the suck-ass daughter took advantage of the dementia to set it all up.

Scum, both of the kids.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He suspects she went through his office/files when she brought her new boyfriend to visit them at the ranch. Kind of used the boyfriend as a "take me on a tour while I watch mom" diversion. Afterward, he had a sense someone had been in his office but just didn't think more of it. And the next time he saw them, the boyfriend (now new husband) was very awkwardly quiet. She also cleaned up on her ex with a good lawyer just before that, so I'm guessing had some advice on what the best case scenario would be for her (not that a lawyer would advise stealing it, but knowing enough to check the will and that intestate would be better for her). But after death, when the will isn't there and her lawyer produces very good information on his assets, then it comes together.

15 years of marriage, retirement, a couple of moves, a purchase of a ranch - quite a few assets end up considered community property in that time frame and therefore subject to splitting with the kids under intestate law.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
My parents were / are crappy parents. They've been on a "respect" kick for a couple years, which is really code for "buy us stuff". They have not adequately saved for retirement through their own malfeasance and they along with my siblings are looking at me to supplement. My siblings received at least 10X the financial support I got growing up because I took care of busIness. It's funny how little you care when you realize that some people only call you when they want something. It's also funny that they think playing the angle of somehow being an authority figure because they are my parents is going to get me to buy them stuff. It's awkward. Most of you would not give them anything if you were in my shoes either.
MooreTrucker
AG
I suspect that if I were in your shoes it would depend on what they're asking for. Something at least relatively necessary or something obviously frivolous, for example.
diablo loco
$30,000 Millionaire said:

My parents were / are crappy parents. They've been on a "respect" kick for a couple years, which is really code for "buy us stuff". They have not adequately saved for retirement through their own malfeasance and they along with my siblings are looking at me to supplement. My siblings received at least 10X the financial support I got growing up because I took care of busIness. It's funny how little you care when you realize that some people only call you when they want something. It's also funny that they think playing the angle of somehow being an authority figure because they are my parents is going to get me to buy them stuff. It's awkward. Most of you would not give them anything if you were in my shoes either.
tell them you made a few bad investments and are short on cash. lie to em. who cares. I would, but I can't.
HarleySpoon
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have experienced much of what you have described....wife and I talk about it a bit. One question: "What kind of parents did your parents have? Did they have great parents that set an example for them? Did they also have terrible parents and do the best that they knew?" Did your parents progress or digress in parenting skills from generation to generation?

I ask those questions because our own grandparents were quite awful....I mean like terrible human beings. While our own parents were not great....they were light years better than their parents. So, I ask this question because it seems the real issue is did they improve upon their own parents' or did they digress? My wife and I often lament that we don't (or didn't) have the wonderful parents similar to many/most of our friends....but then when we consider how much our parents' progressed over their own parents' parenting skills, it puts things into perspective for us.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They were worse than their parents. My grandparents were great on both sides. They're not asking for necessities. I wouldn't let anyone starve or not get medical care. They just want their lifestyle uplifted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.