Getting Ordained in Texas

5,500 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Blanco Ag
King moto moto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am wanting to get ordained so that I can officiate a wedding here in Texas.

Do any of yall have experience in do so and have any recommendations?

Thanks and gig'em

Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Slicer97
AG
Aren't you Canadian? I though only real people could be ordained.
King moto moto
AG
Slicer97 said:

I hope thats not the case.....
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
george_92
If a straight wedding, you might try becoming a Catholic priest. If traditional gay wedding, then Episcopal priest. If it's a flamboyant gay wedding, you are going to want to go the Methodist route.
BenFiasco14
AG
Moto Moto said:

Slicer97 said:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
malenurse
AG
george_92 said:

If a straight wedding, you might try becoming a Catholic priest. If traditional gay wedding, then Episcopal priest. If it's a flamboyant gay wedding, you are going to want to go the Methodist route.
Not since April...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Claude!
Universal Life Church.
Drawkcab
Not sure if you're serious, but I don't think it's that hard. My uncle did it and I've never even heard him talk about church.
Duncan Idaho
Claude! said:

Universal Life Church.

This.
King moto moto
AG
Drawkcab said:

Not sure if you're serious, but I don't think it's that hard. My uncle did it and I've never even heard him talk about church.
I am serious. Going to marry a couple that meet at my wedding.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
TyHolden
AG
Moto Moto said:

Drawkcab said:

people don't typically get married right after they meat
Shakes the Clown
All preordained
A prisoner in chains
A victim of venomous fate
Kicked in the face
You can't pray for a place
- Neal Peart

(Another Canadian)
Bunkhouse96
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Claude! said:

Universal Life Church.

This.

This is the rout I went to be ordained to perform my brothers wedding. They will send you an official letter if the county you are performing the marriage in requires it, but I think most don't care. The county my brother was married in didn't. The ordination was free, but for $15 more you could also become a Jedi Knight.
hbc07
AG
Fairly certain the friend that did my wedding used universal life church.
FearNoWeevil
AG
Youngest son is an ordained Dudeist priest...officiated his brother's wedding.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I here by ordain thee

Please send $1000 to me via PayPal so I can pay the Nigerian prince
Ag_of_08
AG
You don't have to be ordained to perform a wedding in TX.

But, the Unitarian church will do it for like 15$
jbirdag96
AG
May want to read this OP
Trident 88
AG
I officiated my niece's wedding ceremony but never got ordained. She and the groom got married at the courthouse a couple of months earlier when he was on leave.
Tagguy
AG
Moto Moto said:

Slicer97 said:

You hope you aren't Canadian or that only real people can be ordained?
King moto moto
AG
Tagguy said:

Moto Moto said:

Slicer97 said:

You hope you aren't Canadian or that only real people can be ordained?
Both.
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
King moto moto
AG
Bunkhouse96 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Claude! said:

Universal Life Church.

This.

This is the rout I went to be ordained to perform my brothers wedding. They will send you an official letter if the county you are performing the marriage in requires it, but I think most don't care. The county my brother was married in didn't. The ordination was free, but for $15 more you could also become a Jedi Knight.
Thanks. I think i will pay the extra $15 bucks to be a Jedi Knight
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
Drawkcab
To be honest the whole idea of this disgusts me. You're taking what should be a highly respected title reserved for individuals of the highest moral caliber as demonstrated by years of selfless service and who are uniquely in tune with their spiritual nature - a title bestowed upon them by their peers after years of training and studying - and cheapening it to something any moron can attain by filling out an online form and paying $15.

I hope your place within the Jedi Oder is forever looked down upon by real Jedi and may you be immediately destroyed upon the first hint of your inevitable turn toward the dark side.
King moto moto
AG
Drawkcab said:

To be honest the whole idea of this disgusts me. You're taking what should be a highly respected title reserved for individuals of the highest moral caliber as demonstrated by years of selfless service and who are uniquely in tune with their spiritual nature - a title bestowed upon them by their peers after years of training and studying - and cheapening it to something any moron can attain by filling out an online form and paying $15.

I hope your place within the Jedi Oder is forever looked down upon by real Jedi and may you be immediately destroyed upon the first hint of your inevitable turn toward the dark side.
Matthew 7:1-5
1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37-42
37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 39 He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?
40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Romans 2:1-3
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?
Ol Army 01 Post Boobs
AgZoidberg
AG
Drawkcab said:

https://i.imgur.com/QpnBp7G.jpg
Slicer97
AG
Moto Moto said:

Drawkcab said:

Matthew 7:1-5
1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37-42
37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." 39 He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?
40 The student is not above the teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like their teacher. 41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42 How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Romans 2:1-3
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2 Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?

None of that applies to canadians, dude. Nice try though.
BanderaAg956
DSAg44 said:

Moto Moto said:

Drawkcab said:

people don't typically get married right after they meat

Do they get married right after they salad or dessert?
Drawkcab
How would they go about salading or desserting? Because this is how they meat:
MooreTrucker
AG
Bunkhouse96 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Claude! said:

Universal Life Church.

This.

Same here. I performed the ceremony for the kid of a friend. I called the county clerk's office to verify that it was legal and she said ordination wasn't necessary. I have been told by other folks (no lawyers) that Texas law says you have to be ordained, but our clerk said otherwise.
Beer Baron
AG
Unless you're a judge, you have to be recognized by some kind of religious organization:

Sec. 2.202. PERSONS AUTHORIZED TO CONDUCT CEREMONY. (a) The following persons are authorized to conduct a marriage ceremony:
(1) a licensed or ordained Christian minister or priest;
(2) a Jewish rabbi;
(3) a person who is an officer of a religious organization and who is authorized by the organization to conduct a marriage ceremony;
(4) a justice of the supreme court, judge of the court of criminal appeals, justice of the courts of appeals, judge of the district, county, and probate courts, judge of the county courts at law, judge of the courts of domestic relations, judge of the juvenile courts, retired justice or judge of those courts, justice of the peace, retired justice of the peace, judge of a municipal court, retired judge of a municipal court, associate judge of a statutory probate court, retired associate judge of a statutory probate court, associate judge of a county court at law, retired associate judge of a county court at law, or judge or magistrate of a federal court of this state; and
(5) a retired judge or magistrate of a federal court of this state.
bigfoot10s
AG
Universal Life Church. Easy and quick.
Wildcat
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

Youngest son is an ordained Dudeist priest...officiated his brother's wedding.

If you are a cotton farmer, greatest username I have seen.
FearNoWeevil
AG
In a past life...
Blanco Ag
AG
I got ordained in Texas and specialize in Klingon weddings.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.