Turnpike Troubadours

43,457 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SchnauzerMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Fast forward to the 1:05:00 mark to a truly sad performance, especially the further into it you get. This was last week at a benefit concert in Oklahoma. Evan Felker needs help badly.
BenFiasco14
AG
Yep, he's pretty awful now. I've seen them a few times since Felker has been having a life-meltdown. Saw him in 2018 in Austin and Evan was absolutely horrible. I didn't watch the whole video above, but he was doing similar things and was clearly on something. Gripping at his arms, slurring his speech, etc., and they were done in less than 45 minutes.

Saw them at the Houston Rodeo this year and it was okay. He was stone faced the entire time but seemed sober.

Definitely a sad cry from their hey day when Evan was sober. Saw lots of good performances from them at Harry's, ChiliFest, and Lone Star Jam amongst other places.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
AG
One of the best concerts I ever saw was TT around 2013. Have seen them a few times since and all have been average, but at least he wasn't so wasted that he couldn't perform.
Bird Poo
AG
Planning to go when they play here in Dallas in August. Wife and I were invited by some friends. Never really paid much attention to them, but I hope it's better than this crap.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Those that put themselves front and center on the stage of life usually have the biggest demons they are fighting.

Thank God I'm a talentless ass clown.
zephyr88
AG
That was painful... his band needs to get him some help. They can't expect this to go on like this for long.

I've watch Charlie Robison play the same song three times in a private show because he was too hammered to play anything else - but he was a "fun drunk" and laughed about it.
Seabreeze
Here is a write up from last weeks benefit. https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/the-ongoing-concern-for-evan-felker-of-the-turnpike-troubadours/
aTm2004
AG
Damn. Dude is effed up. I love their music but have only been able to see them twice. Thought about making their show next week at White Oak, but may not even try now.
Al Bula
AG
I would think people would just give up on a chronic drunk acting different but instead all you hear is b tching and moaning that this guy can't perform at shows because he is too effed up. It is all fake concern.

Good ol human nature dictates that most people would rather gripe about something instead of finding a new way to enjoy life.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

Good ol human nature dictates that most people would rather gripe about something instead of finding a new way to enjoy life.
I'm an Aggie fan so I already have enough to gripe about. I want to go see TT perform and perform without being on the front side of a high.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Wow, that article used about 40% too many words.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Shife said:

I would think people would just give up on a chronic drunk acting different but instead all you hear is b tching and moaning that this guy can't perform at shows because he is too effed up. It is all fake concern.

Yep I want this guy as a counselor at my local va.
Liquid Wrench
Seabreeze said:

Here is a write up from last weeks benefit. https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/the-ongoing-concern-for-evan-felker-of-the-turnpike-troubadours/
I don't think "fans" like that can possibly be helping the situation. The author comes across as an obsessive parasite trying to write a pullitzer novel about a regional country act.
BenFiasco14
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Seabreeze said:

I don't think "fans" like that can possibly be helping the situation. The author comes across as an obsessive parasite trying to write a pullitzer novel about a regional country act.
Now do TexAgs Premium
Jack Cheese
AG
They need to fire and replace that guy. I doubt anything short of that will help him. Meanwhile he's making fools of all of them.
AG
Jack Cheese said:

They need to fire and replace that guy. I doubt anything short of that will help him. Meanwhile he's making fools of all of them.
He writes the songs and sings, not gonna happen.
Beer Baron
AG
Is this the guy that ghosted his wife for Miranda Lambert, who then left him five minutes later and immediately married someone else?
expresswrittenconsent
That is some terrible music.
aTm2004
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Umm...he is Turnpike Troubadours.
ac04
good god that is boring
BenFiasco14
AG
ac04 said:

good god that is boring

I realize you millennials only like that EDM crap. Sorry real music still exists. Need a blankie and story time?
tlh3842
AG
Beer Baron said:

Is this the guy that ghosted his wife for Miranda Lambert, who then left him five minutes later and immediately married someone else?

Yep
ac04
you are so bad at this
Ragoo
AG
ac04 said:

good god that is boring
when it is done right the genre is fun. Turnpike is fun.

Sunday

https://gruenehall.thundertix.com/events/149395
PigInABlanket
AG
I'm personally shocked to see Oklahoma white trash that made a little bit of money acting like that. Her folks were right, indeed.
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
Lots of talent, but wasting it away. Saw him in steamboat this year and he was definitely smoked during the show but not quite like this.
TXAG 05
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Yep, he's pretty awful now. I've seen them a few times since Felker has been having a life-meltdown. Saw him in 2018 in Austin and Evan was absolutely horrible. I didn't watch the whole video above, but he was doing similar things and was clearly on something. Gripping at his arms, slurring his speech, etc., and they were done in less than 45 minutes.

Saw them at the Houston Rodeo this year and it was okay. He was stone faced the entire time but seemed sober.

Definitely a sad cry from their hey day when Evan was sober. Saw lots of good performances from them at Harry's, ChiliFest, and Lone Star Jam amongst other places.

At the rodeo show, they all looked like there was somewhere else they'd rather be, instead of playing one of the biggest shows of their career.
Wolfpac 08
AG
They headlined the Big Tent in Steamboat back in 15 or 16 and he was worse than this. Had to stop singing half way through every song bc he was too effed up to remember the words. Luckily 2500 people knew every word and carried them to the end.

I thought his bass player was going to rip his head off that night.

Pretty sure they cancelled like 4 shows after that to try to get Evan some help. Obviously didn't work.
malenurse
AG
He studied at the the Kevin Fowler School of Country Music Performing Arts
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Ag 11
AG
That was bad. They used to put on good shows a few years ago. They need to show this video to Felker when he's sober so he sees how bad it looks when he's like that
Hamburger Dan
I'm not going to pile on, everybody has problems. Some people handle things differently, that's all. I really like their sound and I'm hoping they can get it back and keep it on the rails.
NWE
AG
It reminds me of A Star Is Born. That movie was awesome. Makes you think.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
ac04 said:

good god that is boring

Guys use to put on a good show and all 4 of their albums are legit. Guy has some demons, I'll give him a break and hope he gets help. I hope for your sake you aren't judged by your worst performance, I'm assuming any chick wouldn't want another roll in the hay with you, or guys, whatever you are in to.
expresswrittenconsent
Doesnt sound like the "worst performance". Sounds like a pretty common occurrence based on all the examples provided here.
Seabreeze
They will go the way of Jamie Johnson playing county fair's and bars because of this if he doesn't get right or kill himself first. First and foremost the guy needs help. Justin with Blue October is a good example of a comeback, I didnt think that guy was was going to make it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.