Turnpike Troubadours

43,579 Views | 177 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SchnauzerMom
bdgol07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like they need to take some more time off and he needs to get right
ac04
i'm not the person you're mad at
fta09
AG
I follow them on Twitter and have seen where they have taken a couple of breaks for him to get some help. Then, as soon as he is back, they post pictures where everyone has a beer in their hand. Evan is going to have to make the decision to get sober on his own, but it won't be easy if everyone else is pounding beer and bourbon around you.
OregonAggie
AG
PigInABlanket said:

I'm personally shocked to see Oklahoma white trash that made a little bit of money acting like that. Her folks were right, indeed.

Proof that no one should date a Lorrie. They just screw everyone up.
The Lost
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

ac04 said:

good god that is boring
I hope for your sake you aren't judged by your worst performance.
The problem with this though is he's been doing stuff this bad or worse for the last 2 years. I enjoy their music but not going to pay money to see them live until he's back on track.
emando2000
AG
OregonAggie said:

PigInABlanket said:

I'm personally shocked to see Oklahoma white trash that made a little bit of money acting like that. Her folks were right, indeed.

Proof that no one should date a Lorrie. They just screw everyone up.
Didn't the guitarist date Lorrie?

They're scheduled for Lonestar Jam this weekend but we'll see.
Shakes the Clown
They sound like the Nickelback of swing?
Front Range Ag
AG
If it wasn't for Clara, Gus probably would have dated/married a Lorrie. I trust Gus's judgement and she was a fine lady - all things considered.

We'll have to set this one aside as an exception to your rule.
austinrb10
AG
Marci (manager) has had to endure buying clothes for him bc he left his luggage at a bar before going to an airport, buying or rearranging flights for him for passing out at the gates or refused to board, and bailing him out multiple times because of drunkenness. To top, he cannot and will not make a decision. He will call her asking what to do for simplest of things like a 5 yo does with his mommy. When he was dating Miranda it was comical. He was drunk, she was pissed and threatened by any woman he talked to. Normally she stayed on the bus to keep from fighting with him between sets. He's a chit show
Ornlu
AG
We're Jason Boland, Stony LaRue, or Mike McClure ever this bad? They've all gotten sober, but I don't remember any stories or videos that made me seriously concerned for their well-being.
histag10
AG
Saw Jason Boland a few years ago. He was still really bad, looked like hell, and sounded worse on stage. But he did remember the words to his songs...
emando2000
AG
Ornlu said:

We're Jason Boland, Stony LaRue, or Mike McClure ever this bad? They've all gotten sober, but I don't remember any stories or videos that made me seriously concerned for their well-being.

Not gonna name which one but one of the guys you listed had a bad cocaine problem.
Baby Billy
AG
emando2000 said:

Ornlu said:

Not gonna name which one but one of the guys you listed had a bad cocaine problem.

Why wouldn't you name them? Nobody on here gives a ****
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
I'd like to buy a vowel. Is there an "e"?
toucan82
can I choose D, all of the above?
swimmerbabe11
emando2000 said:

Ornlu said:

I'm 90% sure Mike McClure has talked about having had a cocaine problem when he was in the Great Divide. He's been sober forever now though. Pretty sure Stoney was doing coke too.
nonameag99
The Great Divide was so awesome back in the day
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
The Fife
me seeing this thread is about country music

Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I think Boland basically had organ failure if I remember correctly and almost died.
Ragoo
AG
Ornlu said:

cory Morrow is another
Tomdoss92
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Wow, that article used about 40% too many words.
so it was about 60% spot on?

tlh3842
AG
austinrb10 said:

Marci (manager) has had to endure buying clothes for him bc he left his luggage at a bar before going to an airport, buying or rearranging flights for him for passing out at the gates or refused to board, and bailing him out multiple times because of drunkenness. To top, he cannot and will not make a decision. He will call her asking what to do for simplest of things like a 5 yo does with his mommy. When he was dating Miranda it was comical. He was drunk, she was pissed and threatened by any woman he talked to. Normally she stayed on the bus to keep from fighting with him between sets. He's a chit show

Seem to have the inside scoop...who you be?
mike_ags_fan12
swimmerbabe11 said:

emando2000 said:

Ornlu said:

I'm 90% sure Mike McClure has talked about having had a cocaine problem when he was in the Great Divide. He's been sober forever now though. Pretty sure Stoney was doing coke too.

I opened up for Mike McClure bout 5 years ago at a private party. He was just chilling. Don't remember him drinking but there were some devil lettuce getting passed
swimmerbabe11
I'm a huge fan. I miss Tom Skinner though.
AG
The Fife said:

me seeing this thread is about country music

Your so cool , bruh.
expresswrittenconsent
You're/your errors gonna bring him back though
bdgol07
AG
Ragoo said:

Ornlu said:

cory Morrow is another
Cokey* Morrow
Liquid Wrench
tlh3842 said:

austinrb10 said:

Sounds like Super Fan, who goes to all the shows, knows all the words, reads all the fan blogs and message boards, knows exactly what's going down. Has autographed items from every show.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

tlh3842 said:

austinrb10 said:

Sounds like Super Fan, who goes to all the shows, knows all the words, reads all the fan blogs and message boards, knows exactly what's going down. Has autographed items from every show.

Don't forget about the locks of hair and toenail clippings stored in a mayonnaise jar.
aTm2004
AG
bh93 said:

Social Media Influencer said:

tlh3842 said:

austinrb10 said:

Don't forget about the locks of hair and toenail clippings stored in a mayonnaise jar.

Maybe it's Lorrie.
Front Range Ag
AG
Gosh, The Great Divide were fun.

Thinking now about the shows I went to at the Hall, who knows how many of those guys were sober. I meant venture to guess that 3 were: Charlie/Bruce Robison (drank like fish but German - so...no harm no foul), Max Stalling, and Mark David Manders. I'll assume anyone else was probably at risk.
TequilaMockingbird
I played in a band that opened for Great Divide at Santa Fe Junction in San Angelo a long time ago. It was fun.

/coolstorybro
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Underrated funny/sad moments:

Lady in the bottom left-ish giving them a standing ovation

Steel guitar laughing at Felker as he stumbles off stage and the roadie runs after him

Drummer borderline crying having to put up with this s###

They're one of my favorite bands. I hope Felker can get his crap together, but I have a horrible feeling that this story will end tragically.
austinrb10
AG
Yep super-fan here. Love the toe nail clippings more than anything. I tend to chew on them before hiding the mayo jar somewhere though; before they get yellow
Scoopen Skwert
AG
austinrb10 said:

Yep super-fan here. Love the toe nail clippings more than anything. I tend to chew on them before hiding the mayo jar somewhere though; before they get yellow

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.