What do you do for a living and do you like your job?

21,661 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ragoo
Joe Exotic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Civil Engineering
Liquid Wrench
I actually love the customer service at my local HEB. People act as if they don't mind working there, which is refreshing in the retail experience.
ag88man
AG
Math Teacher - love it.
Max06
AG
Sperm dealer. Its an ok job. Pays the bills.
GunRangeGal
AG
I was waiting for your reply.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Did you receive my daily donation?
PseudonymK
AG
Trying to start a non profit mobile pantry. I'll love it when I quit going in to comas.
Ragoo
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Civil Engineering
model trains is not civil engineering
ursusguy
AG
Wildlife biologist
Love it. Took a long time getting established, but it's been great.
AliasMan02
AG
Engineering manager. I haven't loved it recently (have kinda hated the last year) but it's getting better by the week as one job creeps closer to finished and a couple more ramp up, which means we're staffing up. Those are exciting times.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I deal in moral hazard for a living. It pays the bills and keeps the crack pipe lit.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Executive management. I like it a lot near stock vesting and bonus dates. Extreme frustration otherwise.
hunterntexas
AG
I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill. In a year or two, I'll make assistant manager, and that's when the big bucks start rolling in.
Drawkcab
I'm the hardest working man in oil.

It works for me.
Camo
Catfishing guys on Instagram, I'm so good they believe I'm there.

Side hustle, Nigerian prince
Slicer97
AG
I chop up dead monkeys and mice in the name of science. The work is fun, the people with whom I work are cool (mostly). It's the people in the Admin building that ruin a lot of the good times though.
FroggieBreath
I work at a sperm bank. Well I did before I got fired for drinking on the job.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
ColinAggie said:

Regional Sales Manager. Cover most of the US selling natural feed additives for production species. Focusing more on organic and ABF production. Love my job. Love the people in the industry I work with. I hope my boss has a heart attack and is forced to retire. If a similar position came along, I'd bolt only because of my relationship with my boss.

According to some stats I heard the other day, your boss has a one in a billion chance of being attacked and killed by an Islamic terrorist, but a near 100% chance of being attacked and killed by his own heart.

Good news for you, I guess!
Claude!
I write and review contracts. It keeps me from walking the streets.
drummer0415
AG
Superintendent for a commercial general contractor. For those that don't know what that means, I'm the HNIC on construction sites.

Every now and then I have a bad or stressful day, but 99% of the time I love my job in terms of what I do on a daily basis. The 3 partners that own my company are all Ags, and I 100% love my job in terms of where I'm employed. I plan on being here a long time.
Joe Exotic
AG
Ragoo said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Civil Engineering
model trains is not civil engineering

No, but calculating pipe sizes for your moms vajayjay is.
Lonestar06
Correctional officer for the next few months. I have my benifits locked in and a retirement. I'm studying now to start my own home inspection business. Corrections is not fun anymore, but I'm excited about my new career.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Design engineer. I design industrial centrifugal and plunger pumps. I'd say most of the time I enjoy it, though today is shaping up to be a rough one...
Dr. Faustus
AG
I tell the pipe jockeys where to punch holes in the ground. I also try to guess how much $$ we're going to make from said holes in the ground. It can be a pretty high-stress job, but I'm good at it. So I guess the answer to the second part of your question is, "Sometimes."
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Public accounting, currently no. Ask me again in 2 months though.
Humorous Username
AG
I've been mulling home inspection as a side job. Best of luck to you.
wangus12
AG
Clinical Exercise Physiologist

I enjoy what I do but don't make a lot of money
Holly Golightly
AG
CPA

Do all kinds if accounting and financial work, but primarily a tax accountant. Individuals, small and medium size businesses, and trust work. I really enjoy doing business acquisition due diligence work and testifying as an expert witness for attorneys

I mostly love what I do and I don't mind long hours. I do, however, hate telling clients they owe the IRS and I hate dealing with IRS notices
Corps_Ag12
AG
Project engineer for a commercial general contractor. Hoping to make Assistant Project Manager when the next project starts in a few weeks. I enjoy it, but sometimes I get tired of all the politics.

Considering/working on starting my own subcontracting business for future. There's a lot of growth where I am at in Texas, and I want a piece.
saw em off
Network engineer for a school district - 18 years running. Best job I've ever had!
Madmarttigan
AG
Pharmacist at a hospital, can't complain at least it isn't CVS
Danno93
Construction estimator, although I'm currently on site in a management role. Many more days yes than no.
george92
Slicer97 said:

I chop up dead monkeys and mice in the name of science. The work is fun, the people with whom I work are cool (mostly). It's the people in the Admin building that ruin a lot of the good times though.
SWR?
La Fours
AG
I'm the lead systems admin for the company. Most days I like my job, some days I don't.
SWCBonfire
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.